New to me stock Terminator!!!

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Guys,

I had a Terminator for a short time 13 or so years ago but I am excited to have my new one. I purchased one I found on the market place. I have been lurking off and on for the past 10+ years. My name is Kevin and I hope the Terminator forum is still fairly active!!
2003 Redfire Vert. stock except for Basanni Catback exaust.
I have a few questions:

Do I have any Arizona guys on here?

Is there a good speed shop locally in Phoenix that anyone would recommend to use or to avoid?

Famous question, what mods, in what order should I get?

Where to buy parts? lots has changed over the years. We are not the #1 car on the street anymore :(

Subframe connectors. which ones and from who?

I had a triax shifter and did not like it. What do you suggest?

373 rear end? pros and cons. I had one last time.

What tune? what CAI? To pullie or not to pullie? new throttlebody or port stock one???

Basically, what have you guys learned and what new is out for the '03 - '04 Cobra.

Thanks,
Kevin

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Terminator FAQs

Home

First off welcome read the links I posted above they will answer a lot of your questions. Post pics I recommend an MGW shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Terminator FAQs

Home

First off welcome read the links I posted above they will answer a lot of your questions. Post pics I recommend an MGW shifter.

Thanks,
I have read most of that. I have been on this forum lurking since the bug bit me again. I just wanted to get the thread going and was curious what new has occurred!
Plus I want some AZ information!!!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 105

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Whsts up man, what part of AZ are you in? There really isn't any good speed shops for terminators in AZ I just do all the work myself, I'm about to put a new engine in my brothers 03 redfire cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations, Kevin, on picking up another Terminator. Definitely read through my Terminator FAQs, especially the ones pertinent to mods. What are you intensions for your Cobra? Are you looking to race? Mild performance upgrades? Better handling? You have to set some goals because the list of available mods is almost endless.

Datman

Established Member
Congratulations, Kevin, on picking up another Terminator. Definitely read through my Terminator FAQs, especially the ones pertinent to mods. What are you intensions for your Cobra? Are you looking to race? Mild performance upgrades? Better handling? You have to set some goals because the list of available mods is almost endless.

Hi CobraBob
I read your FAQs but I dont see where you say what the actual compression numbers need to be? My prospective terminator is getting an inspection and a compression test tomorrow....

Thanks for your time!

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member

Hi Bob,

I will definitely pick up a gasket soon from you. I actually have a very old thread saved where you state the order for mods (as you say in rough order).
1. Cold air intake
2. Catback
3. Mid-pipe (catted H-pipe if you want a nice muscle Mustang sound; catted X-pipe if want more of an exotic sound)
4. Shifter (Pro 5.0 or Tri-Ax) with MGW handle and one of my gasket sets
5. 2.90/2.93 pulley with tune
6. Accufab or Billetflow TB/Plenum
7. Plugs
8. Mid-length headers
9. Drag radials (LOL!)
10. And on, and on, and on.........because it doesn't stop!

It is just a weekend car and I like the fact that I purchased it near stock. My last one only had 373/cat back/CIA/Tri shifter/Alum Driveshaft/tune.

I will do at least that and I am undecided if I will pulley but I suspect I will also pulley, port some stuff, maybe new TB, and some suspension mods. I don't see myself ever going past #7 on your list.

I want street ability and longevity but may/will probably occasionally take it to the track and or work on my launch.

Have the shifter/TB recommendations changed and is one tuner significantly better than the other these days??

your insight is always valued!!
Kevin

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Hi Bob,

I will definitely pick up a gasket soon from you. I actually have a very old thread saved where you state the order for mods (as you say in rough order).
1. Cold air intake
2. Catback
3. Mid-pipe (catted H-pipe if you want a nice muscle Mustang sound; catted X-pipe if want more of an exotic sound)
4. Shifter (Pro 5.0 or Tri-Ax) with MGW handle and one of my gasket sets
5. 2.90/2.93 pulley with tune
6. Accufab or Billetflow TB/Plenum
7. Plugs
8. Mid-length headers
9. Drag radials (LOL!)
10. And on, and on, and on.........because it doesn't stop!

It is just a weekend car and I like the fact that I purchased it near stock. My last one only had 373/cat back/CIA/Tri shifter/Alum Driveshaft/tune.

I will do at least that and I am undecided if I will pulley but I suspect I will also pulley, port some stuff, maybe new TB, and some suspension mods. I don't see myself ever going past #7 on your list.

I want street ability and longevity but may/will probably occasionally take it to the track and or work on my launch.

Have the shifter/TB recommendations changed and is one tuner significantly better than the other these days??

your insight is always valued!!
Kevin

The only other thing I would add to the never ending list if your doing the pulley upgrade is idlers to avoid the possibility of the stock ones exploding.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TP03

Established Member
Just went from Pro 5.0 to MGW shifter (last week) and I'm loving the difference. So another vote for MGW.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!
MGW is the only shifter people have recommend since I started asking so it must be the way to go.

I do plan to boost (been thinking on it a lot). So I will replace all the pulleys and try to do it right. Still undecided on what boost level I will go with. What is super safe. I know FAQs say up to 15 for non ported but what is considered conservative and not hard on the blower that is only rated at 14,000??... and don't say stock :) 12.6 PSI?? @ 16,000 RPMs?

stangfreak

Established Member
Actually if you are going to do headers, skip the mid lengths. You will do all that work, spend all that money for literally no gains or just minimal.

I have owned my cobra for 15 years. Bought it when they came out. These are the mods I did
2.80 upper
steeda cold air
borla stinger catback
tune
drag radials to stop the wheel hop and to hook.
steeda tri ax
midpipe if you want.

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Actually if you are going to do headers, skip the mid lengths. You will do all that work, spend all that money for literally no gains or just minimal.

I have owned my cobra for 15 years. Bought it when they came out. These are the mods I did
2.80 upper
steeda cold air
borla stinger catback
tune
drag radials to stop the wheel hop and to hook.
steeda tri ax
midpipe if you want.

I will not do headers. The noise and the leaking are just too much for my Vert ears. I could use a little more SC whine though!!

Even though I really want more power (I'm stock) I am going to go sub frames first I think. Either Stiffler FIT System or MM. I understand Stiffler is a sponsor here so I will watch for a coupon.
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread