New Termy owner (Hopefully)

vols fan

Established Member
Hey guys whats up? I sold my Mach 1 Saturday after less than 2 months of owning it. I really liked it but I wanted a vert with a blower. I have found a 03 10th Vert that I hope to be getting Friday. It is stock save a SLP Loudmouth and a K&N. Here is my question what do I need to get to 500+ rwhp? I've been doing some research and here is the list I have so far: LT headers, x pipe, upgraded MAF, 60# injectors, BAP and a ported Eaton. Does this sound about right? What upper and lower pullies should I be using? I will be having Dan at Pro Dyno tune the car once it is ready. Do I need idlers? I can't wait til tomorrow to get the ok from the credit union and call the guy and say "sold!". Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide and I look forward to learning from ya'll.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hey guys whats up? I sold my Mach 1 Saturday after less than 2 months of owning it. I really liked it but I wanted a vert with a blower. I have found a 03 10th Vert that I hope to be getting Friday. It is stock save a SLP Loudmouth and a K&N. Here is my question what do I need to get to 500+ rwhp? I've been doing some research and here is the list I have so far: LT headers, x pipe, upgraded MAF, 60# injectors, BAP and a ported Eaton. Does this sound about right? What upper and lower pullies should I be using? I will be having Dan at Pro Dyno tune the car once it is ready. Do I need idlers? I can't wait til tomorrow to get the ok from the credit union and call the guy and say "sold!". Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide and I look forward to learning from ya'll.

You will definitely need a 2.76 upper, or a 2.93 upper and a 4#lower setup for the ported blower...make sure you get that car checked out...there are a lot of Terminators on the Market for very fair prices...

vols fan

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I think this is a good deal on the Vert its priced well under NADA trade in value.

JGEMNTL

JGEMNTL
Established Member
now you have me thinking,,,,im a new owner ass well, i went with the 2.76 upper, and a #2 lower, with a stage 5, based on stuff i read, what would the difference be if i changed the #2 to the #4 ????? :shrug:

You will definitely need a 2.76 upper, or a 2.93 upper and a 4#lower setup for the ported blower...make sure you get that car checked out...there are a lot of Terminators on the Market for very fair prices...

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
now you have me thinking,,,,im a new owner ass well, i went with the 2.76 upper, and a #2 lower, with a stage 5, based on stuff i read, what would the difference be if i changed the #2 to the #4 ????? :shrug:

You are running your ported blower at optimal boost. The heat soak from over spinning the blower w/ a 2.76 and 4# lower will erase most of the power you gain from the extra boost after multiple runs.

Plus you won't have to run a larger alternator pulley with a 2# lower.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nah! You're good to go! LOL! The OP used the term. ;-)

VolsFan, sounds like a nice catch. So you sold your Mach 1 after only owning it for two months. Did you take a good financial hit on it? Best of luck with your (hopefully) Terminator. :beer:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

Congrats on the new purchase, be sure to post up some pics when you get it! Your mod list sounds about right, the LT's most people stay away from because the numbers don't looks all that impressive on paper but they are worth it. They produce big power gains under the curve and help the breath much better, especially when you're throwing some good boost at the car. I'd go with a 2.90 upper / and 6lb lower or 2.76 upper/4lb lower.

The difference would be about 8-12rwhp and 15-20rwtq.

You are running your ported blower at optimal boost. The heat soak from over spinning the blower w/ a 2.76 and 4# lower will erase most of the power you gain from the extra boost after multiple runs.

Plus you won't have to run a larger alternator pulley with a 2# lower.

Totally off base Tom, doing too much reading from other uneducated members on here. There won't be any noticeable change in temps from another 1000 blower rpms, but there will be a decent power increase even after multiple runs.

vols fan

Established Member
Nah! You're good to go! LOL! The OP used the term. ;-)

VolsFan, sounds like a nice catch. So you sold your Mach 1 after only owning it for two months. Did you take a good financial hit on it? Best of luck with your (hopefully) Terminator. :beer:

Yeah only made two payments on it and sold it. I actually made money on the transaction! I got the good news from the CU today, I'll be getting the vert this Friday if the seller holds it for me.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Totally off base Tom, doing too much reading from other uneducated members on here. There won't be any noticeable change in temps from another 1000 blower rpms, but there will be a decent power increase even after multiple runs.

Actually, I have ran both combos mentioned and those where the results I personally observed. Maybe because we have lower octane fuel in CA and I couldnt run as much timing as you guys can in 93 octane states...:shrug:

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Haha travis I know it, I was lookin for a Cobra originally and 22+ is a shitload! But its a nice car.

i8urSS

Established Member
congratulations. your on the right track. the long tubes arent a must but boy do they sound good. welcome to the club and go dawgs

vols fan

Established Member
Yeah Joey you got a good car there no doubt. i8urSS thanks for the suggestion but its V!-O!-L!-S! V!-O!-L!-S! Go Vols Go! I will be picking the car up on Friday.

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Sweeeeet, you better put up some pictures dude! My new tires just got delivered here at the shop an hr ago! Now gotta get them mounted.

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member

Congrats man! Wise decision and you wont regret it one bit! Do it right the first time and port the blower with your supporting mods and don’t go cheap on fuel.. while your porting the blower, go ahead and set the fuel system up for a shot of the juice… most cost effective way to make damn good power and drive it on the street is ported blower and spray..

You don't need headers

what are you talking about!?!?!

EVERYONE should do headers on these cars themselves so they have that much more appreciation and love for their vehicle!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread