New Supercharger for 2011 w/ bolts ons... Gen 2R or KB?

B.LaCe

Established Member
Your mechanic is misinforming you, if he's trying to steer you away from the Cobra Jet throttle body. There are zero tuning issues with that throttle body. I have the Super Cobra Jet monoblade on my 2.9 and have never had an issue with it. Before that, I had the Cobra Jet 65mm twin. Never had a problem with that one, either. I've had my Whipple for over 6 years.

I misspoke. I talked with him today and he is RECOMMENDING the SCJ, not the VMP or Whipple (as he's unfamiliar with the Whipple). Thanks for the info, glad to see what others are having success with!

B.LaCe

Established Member
Just wanted to give an update to this thread. After all the back and forth, I ended up going with the VMP Gen 2R. Total work done (w/ the mods previously mentioned) to the car is as follows:

-VMP Gen 2R (2.65" pulley)
-Cobra Jet twin 65mm Throttle body
-VMP "boost-a-pump"
-ID1050x's
-McLeod RXT (w/ new slave cylinder, Clutch line and roller bearing)
-Afco pro-series Heat Exchanger
-Lund Tune

The car made 699hp and 681 ft/lb. of tq. at 18.9 psi.

I got her back today and all I can say is: Wow! It's brutal, to say the least. Power comes on immediately and it pulls like nothing I've ever experienced. As expected, I've gotta be pretty gentle from a stop and cant imagine I could "launch" the car with much success. DR's and suspension are coming early next month. That said: this is strictly a street car and I don't plan on tracking the car ever. Any suspension work will be for street purposes and peace of mind.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and shared knowledge.

Cheers and "Lets Go Pens!"!

Kel

Established Member
Just wanted to give an update to this thread. After all the back and forth, I ended up going with the VMP Gen 2R. Total work done (w/ the mods previously mentioned) to the car is as follows:

-VMP Gen 2R (2.65" pulley)
-Cobra Jet twin 65mm Throttle body
-VMP "boost-a-pump"
-ID1050x's
-McLeod RXT (w/ new slave cylinder, Clutch line and roller bearing)
-Afco pro-series Heat Exchanger
-Lund Tune

The car made 699hp and 681 ft/lb. of tq. at 18.9 psi.

I got her back today and all I can say is: Wow! It's brutal, to say the least. Power comes on immediately and it pulls like nothing I've ever experienced. As expected, I've gotta be pretty gentle from a stop and cant imagine I could "launch" the car with much success. DR's and suspension are coming early next month. That said: this is strictly a street car and I don't plan on tracking the car ever. Any suspension work will be for street purposes and peace of mind.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and shared knowledge.

Cheers and "Lets Go Pens!"!

Congratulations! Sounds like a good combo, will be interested to hear Mike's suspension recommendations, keep us posted. See you around the Burgh.

PS Pen's did it, eh?! Rest up for Ottawa Saturday :D

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hope things are well with Mike at Wolfpack.
Great results. I can't imagine driving on anything but drag radials.
I have DRs full time on all my Mustangs but just swapped the supposedly sticky wide extreme summer rubber for DRs on my Hellcat and it's finally nice to have traction.
Go with Nitto NT555Rs if you've never DD'd on a DR.
Good luck tell Mike Dr. J. said hello.
-J

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... DR's and suspension are coming early next month. That said: this is strictly a street car and I don't plan on tracking the car ever. Any suspension work will be for street purposes and peace of mind.

What suspension mods are you doing? If I may make a recommendation, I found that springs/dampers, aftermarket upper control arm, lower control arms (and brackets), and an adjustable panhard bar and brace made a fantastic combination on the street. When those were my only suspension mods, I commented that it made my GT500 feel like an M3 on the street.

B.LaCe

Established Member
Thanks... I actually spoke with my mechanic this morning about suspension and tires. I'm getting a quote for all of what you mentioned. Plus a sway bar package and a set of Nitto NT05Rs (I believe) as that's what my Mechanic is recommending for a street only car. My car is a SVTPP so I'm researching my best options for a rear tire.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Maybe try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for the front and the Cup 2 for the rear. They don't make the Cup 2 in our front size. Or you can try their new Pilot 4S tire that people are buzzing about. The populace say it's the replacement for the Super Sport, but when I see 4S, I think four season tire.

B.LaCe

Established Member
Maybe try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for the front and the Cup 2 for the rear. They don't make the Cup 2 in our front size. Or you can try their new Pilot 4S tire that people are buzzing about. The populace say it's the replacement for the Super Sport, but when I see 4S, I think four season tire.
I have the Sport A/S 3 as an all season for the spring and fall here is Southwest PA and so far so good. Obviously I've gotta be pretty mindful with my right foot while rolling those. Though I love Michelin tires, run them on my STI as well. I'll look into those suggestions, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread