new sun shield on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Matt03
I'm not a big sticker person, but i think your car does look very nice! The way I see it is just because I don't like something on my car doesn't mean it won't look good on someone else's. I think that is what some people on this thread need to realize.

Hence taste can't be argued. Here is a sense of my taste though, If someone was holding a gun to my head and telling me, "put these stickers on your car or I am going to blow your head off," I would still have a hard time defacing the cobra like that. Sometimes less is more. Yes some import people are sponsored and have stickers; yes stock cars have stickers for the same reason, but why do other people have them? That is an interesting question, lets think about this. Is it insecurity? Possible you want to be noticed so much you go out of your way to make your already obnoxious cobra stand out even more. Is it a monetary catalyst? Also possible, maybe you believe people will see your “cool” stickers and want to give you money so they can emulate their new idol. Is it competition? Do you believe that when people see these stickers on the street they will automatically assume you are looking for a good race? Is it the fact you believe they look good, humm this one is just a little
farfetched.

The above rant is what I like to call, "all in good fun."

Last edited:

kom

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
If someone was holding a gun to my head and telling me, "put these stickers on your car or I am going to blow your head off," I would still have a hard time defacing the cobra like that.
^
EDIT
v
Is it the fact you believe they look good, humm this one is just a little farfetched.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
very funny

Matt03

Established Member
Hence taste can't be argued. Here is a sense of my taste though, If someone was holding a gun to my head and telling me, "put these stickers on your car or I am going to blow your head off," I would still have a hard time defacing the cobra like that. Sometimes less is more. Yes some import people are sponsored and have stickers; yes stock cars have stickers for the same reason, but why do other people have them? That is an interesting question, lets think about this. Is it insecurity? Possible you want to be noticed so much you go out of your way to make your already obnoxious cobra stand out even more. Is it a monetary catalyst? Also possible, maybe you believe people will see your “cool” stickers and want to give you money so they can emulate their new idol. Is it competition? Do you believe that when people see these stickers on the street they will automatically assume you are looking for a good race? Is it the fact you believe they look good, humm this one is just a little
farfetched.

The above rant is what I like to call, "all in good fun."

That is a very interesting theory.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
I think one of the reasons why people put stickers on the cars is the same as the reason you would put a 5' rear wing on a FWD: Racing cars have them, so if I put them on mine, mine will look like a racing car. Racing cars are cool, so mine will look cool, too. However, somewhere in the way the reasoning behind stickers and wings is lost. Down force provided by the rear wing has no value in a FWD that goes 120 mph, and stickers are used on race cars, cause someone paid the owner to put them there, the owner didn't pay to buy them. Of course, this is not true for Terminator, nor is it directed to him. I just think that in general this is one of the reasons why people put stickers on the cars. Personally, I had 2 stickers under my hood, and that was all (on my 02 GT). One was for the K&N filter I put on, and the other from my Flowmasters. I worked on putting these mods on the car and I was proud to show that I had them on, but only under the hood. I didn't wanna change the looks of the GT. With the Cobra, I don't even have anything under the hood.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Hence taste can't be argued. Here is a sense of my taste though, If someone was holding a gun to my head and telling me, "put these stickers on your car or I am going to blow your head off," I would still have a hard time defacing the cobra like that. Sometimes less is more. Yes some import people are sponsored and have stickers; yes stock cars have stickers for the same reason, but why do other people have them? That is an interesting question, lets think about this. Is it insecurity? Possible you want to be noticed so much you go out of your way to make your already obnoxious cobra stand out even more.

God dude, I am not even going to argue with you about this. Let's just say that it adds a certain high performance "look" to the car. Similar, I guess, to your Saleen light bar :rolleyes: Does it make your car faster? Does it help with a rollover? It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I kind of like it, in moderation, but that is my taste. If you don't, fine, that is your taste. But if you aren't going to add anything constructive, and you are just going to try and pick a fight, why don't you just read another thread?

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
God dude, I am not even going to argue with you about this. Let's just say that it adds a certain high performance "look" to the car. Similar, I guess, to your Saleen light bar :rolleyes: Does it make your car faster? Does it help with a rollover? It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I kind of like it, in moderation, but that is my taste. If you don't, fine, that is your taste. But if you aren't going to add anything constructive, and you are just going to try and pick a fight, why don't you just read another thread?

Despite popular believe the saleen light bar does add some rigidity to the car, hence why it is on my car. It is a matter of taste with a dose of functionality. Whereas stickers, well, they are pointless.

Also if youll notice, I'm not picking a fight. I am trying to get to the bottom of this sticker phenomenon. Terminator is well aware I'm not trying to pick a fight here, and if he isnt, he should be.

ho779

Established Member
Thats not rice, thats pimp, a different evil.

I will have to agree with brad on this one, not a big sticker fan. The side skirt stickers don't do much for me, but the Big cobra across the top takes the car into another catagory. I wasnt sure what type of car it was till I saw that big cobra sticker across the shield.

I'm thinking of getting a "k+n inside" sticker, do you think they have them?

To each his own.. but if you ask for opinion expect opinion, why do you care what brad thinks anyway?

:shrug:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Ok, the dude has stickers on his car. Some people like it and most people hate it. Lets get off this topic.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by bassin247
Ok, the dude has stickers on his car. Some people like it and most people hate it. Lets get off this topic.

yes yes:chicken:

Last edited:

Terminator03

banned
Brad's a big ass****, you better do something to your car it looks to plain. i know alot of rice burners that will run you, so stop running your mouth about them and stickers.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
got 118mph out of the car today at the track...unfortunately couldn't get out of the 12.40's....I'm seriously gonna need tires it appears.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Terminator03
Brad's a big ass****, you better do something to your car it looks to plain. i know alot of rice burners that will run you, so stop running your mouth about them and stickers.

Dude, I don't know why you are assuming this is an attack. I have said I am not trying to flame you, if you take it as a flame I am sorry. My opinion stands! I think your car looks like a complete joke on wheels. Yes my opinion may hurt, but in the end it’s only an opinion. If you believe I am a ************* or whatever it is you think am “sorry.” I don’t need to spice up my cobra with the ghetto sticker hookup, as I believe it looks “better” in stock trim, but again that’s my opinion. It’s obvious you would rather see me deface my beautiful black cobra with stickers and fart tip, but you know what? That’s not talking to happen. I know plenty of rice burners that would smoke me, I don’t need you to mediate a race between an import any myself to prove that. The more you come into these threads and call people gay and or whatever it is you tried to call me, the more you prove to be a simple child. If you can’t take criticism don’t post pics of your piss yellow, HUMM I mean zinc yellow stang. I am not the only one on the board who thinks your cobra looks like crap. Either way, nice choice on the car, have fun with it, that’s what matters.
:beer:

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Agreed!

This thread is officially CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread