New shoes on the F150 FX4.

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Just got back from the tire shop. Got some 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT II but DONT think they are the extremes which sucks. Still looks 1000x better than before. I have the HBS 2in level with monro overloads in rear with zero clearance issues. Couldnt beat the deal 1112.00 mounted and balanced and gave me two free oil changes for my stock tires.:rockon: From what little ive drove it this evening the ride is actually better in my opinion:banana: Forgive the Iphone instagram pic fail lol

edit- More pics post 17

tires1.jpg

tires.jpg

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Bro, you need to post more pics. Every angle. Dont be stingy.

Those look like the Toyo Open Country A/T 2s. Ithink those are some of the most aggressive looking A/Ts tires.

I am either going with those same tires or the M/Ts still not sure. I will probably go with the 295/60/20 though.

Last edited:

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
they are the AT II. forgot that. I will get more pics in a bit when camera charges. I prolly would have got the 295/60s but they were on backorder. My buddy has the MTs and they are a great tire i just didnt need the most aggressive tread since I drive alot for work but the truck does see some mud and snow lol

stuck.jpg

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You paid a great price for them, the best I could find was a little over 1,200 and that was looking everywhere. They look great. How many miles you have on the truck? Where the stock tires completely gone?

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Yea couldnt beat the deal. My company buys all our tires from there (10 today) so I paid what they pay. I have 23xxx on her and going strong and no the stock tires had about 40% on um.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Mind spilling where you found those for $1000 (guessing M & B was a $100 or so). IIRC my buddy that is a Discount Tire Manager said $265 was his cost on them.

Truck looks good man! Those are some hard to find tires right now. Everyeone seems to want them.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Bro, you need to post more pics. Every angle. Dont be stingy.

Those look like the Toyo Open Country A/T 2s. Ithink those are some of the most aggressive looking A/Ts tires.

I am either going with those same tires or the M/Ts still not sure. I will probably go with the 295/60/20 though.

stock offset allows for some fun..Nitto also makes the 295/60 and also makes a 295/65 also.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea couldnt beat the deal. My company buys all our tires from there (10 today) so I paid what they pay. I have 23xxx on her and going strong and no the stock tires had about 40% on um.

Good to hear.

Mind spilling where you found those for $1000 (guessing M & B was a $100 or so). IIRC my buddy that is a Discount Tire Manager said $265 was his cost on them.

Truck looks good man! Those are some hard to find tires right now. Everyeone seems to want them.

Yep, the best I was able to find was 285 a piece and that didnt include tax, mounted and balanced. Tires are hard to find here as well, they just came out.

stock offset allows for some fun..Nitto also makes the 295/60 and also makes a 295/65 also.

I was looking at the nittos before. I think the terras are too tame looking and the trails look good but I think I rather go with Toyos M/Ts as I like the look a little better. I am pretty set on the 295/60/20s as I want 34s that will be with an after market wheel 20x9, +18 offset

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I was looking at the nittos before. I think the terras are too tame looking and the trails look good but I think I rather go with Toyos M/Ts as I like the look a little better. I am pretty set on the 295/60/20s as I want 34s that will be with an after market wheel 20x9, +18 offset

what wheel are you gonna run? a +18 offset...or anything positive offset is not considered "desirable" as most guys like the bigger lip on wheels. Take a BMF for instance...they are all negative offset in the area of -19 to -25 depending on what width you settle on.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Not trying to rain on your wheel choice..just more on the offset you chose. I have had a bunch of lifted trucks and know that industry well if you have any questions was my main direction lol

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Thanks guys. I took the truck out to eat right now and for a road test. So far I am impressed with these tires. Ride firm but smooth with slightly more road noise and I do mean just barely hear them with radio off. Seem to take corners fine.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
what wheel are you gonna run? a +18 offset...or anything positive offset is not considered "desirable" as most guys like the bigger lip on wheels. Take a BMF for instance...they are all negative offset in the area of -19 to -25 depending on what width you settle on.

There are a couple in mind right now, the set that is on top right now would be Method Standard... I am not really looking for deep lip, more for an offset that brings the tires out about an inch past the fenders.

Not trying to rain on your wheel choice..just more on the offset you chose. I have had a bunch of lifted trucks and know that industry well if you have any questions was my main direction lol

I didnt think you were, i appreciate the interest. If I have any questions I will make sure to shoot your way. :beer:

Thanks guys. I took the truck out to eat right now and for a road test. So far I am impressed with these tires. Ride firm but smooth with slightly more road noise and I do mean just barely hear them with radio off. Seem to take corners fine.

Awesome man, keep the reviews comming. And dont forget about tons of pics. :rockon:

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Well took the truck down to the beach and played in the sand some this morning. Tires did great on the drive down on the freeway. Very stable and can handle some abrubt lane changes if needed. Didnt get to carried away in the sand but must say im impressed but this is also the first time really trying any tire in the sand. Slid good around corners and dug when needed. Never needed four wheel drive for what thats worth.

Pics-

truck1010.jpg

truck1016.jpg

truck1017.jpg

truck1026.jpg

truck1024.jpg

truck1025.jpg

truck1021.jpg

truck1023.jpg

truck1022.jpg

11dsgGT

Established Member
I think a 4 door truck is like a 4 door muscle car.....it shouldnt exist.

Do the tire hum on the highway at all?

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I like those tires a lot. Looked at a set on a truck a few days ago. I have the Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/60/20= 34/12.00/20
Wish I had gone with a more all terrain than a mud tire. They look good but roar a good bit. I will either get these or the Nitto Terra Grappler before long.

94venomV8

Established Member
Those are def good tires. I was between those and the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I went with the nitto but only because I found a killer deal on ebay for a set at like $799 with the stickers still on them!

Users who are viewing this thread