New shoes on the F150 FX4.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great KB.

Would you be able to tell me what the measurement is (front and back) in between your fender wells and the center of your rim. Just wondering if we have the same height with our levels, looks close based on your pics.

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Thanks guys. :beer:

I think a 4 door truck is like a 4 door muscle car.....it shouldnt exist.

Do the tire hum on the highway at all?

I would never own a truck that wasnt four door. These new fords have such a nice interior and tons of room. I spend alot of time driving and its nice to keep everything inside out of weather. The tires have almost no hum at freeway speed.

Looks great KB.

Would you be able to tell me what the measurement is (front and back) in between your fender wells and the center of your rim. Just wondering if we have the same height with our levels, looks close based on your pics.

Thanks buddy. I can get those measurements tomm since im in a hotel right now.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I think a 4 door truck is like a 4 door muscle car.....it shouldnt exist.

Do the tire hum on the highway at all?

A muscle car is made for one purpose to be fast and aggressive. So I agree there shouldn't be a sedan version of something like a mustang or a camaro.

But for the truck......I think four door trucks are the best.

Why wouldn't I want something that serves the purpose of utility that all trucks bring (towing and carrying larger things than other vehicles can) yet I could still use it to drive my entire family places. If anything the added back seat makes the truck even more useful and it has no negative impact on the utility of the truck. There's nothing a two door truck does that a four door truck can't do but there's plenty of things the 4 door can do that the 2 door can't. Plus they look better with four to top it off.

But there will always be people who think a truck should be 8' bed single cab with roll up windows I guess....And they make that option if its what they want. To each their own. :beer:

Last edited:

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
A muscle car is made for one purpose to be fast and aggressive. So I agree there shouldn't be a sedan version of something like a mustang or a camaro.

Why wouldn't I want something that serves the purpose of utility that all trucks bring (towing and carrying larger things than other vehicles can) yet I could still use it to drive my entire family places. If anything the added back seat makes the truck even more useful and it has no negative impact on the utility of the truck. There's nothing a two door truck does that a four door truck can't do but there's plenty of things the 4 door can do that the 2 door can't. Plus they look better with four to top it off.

But there will always be people who think a truck should be 8' bed single cab with roll up windows I guess....And they make that option if its what they want. To each their own. :beer:

+1000 :beer:

11dsgGT

Established Member

Probably because you can buy a 4 door car with the difference between the 2 and 4 door truck. The difference has to be at least 10k and 1000lbs. Kind of reminds me of those crossovers..."jack of all trades master of none". Its performance as a truck has to suffer.

I guess in my mind the people who want the four door should own a SUV or car, because there are vehicles made to do that 10x better.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Probably because you can buy a 4 door car with the difference between the 2 and 4 door truck. The difference has to be at least 10k and 1000lbs. Kind of reminds me of those crossovers..."jack of all trades master of none". Its performance as a truck has to suffer.

I guess in my mind the people who want the four door should own a SUV or car, because there are vehicles made to do that 10x better.

What's so hard to understand?

Here's a few questions:

1) can I load as much stuff into the back of an SUV compared to my pickup truck? Can I load mulch, wood, my four wheeler, large furniture, or anything large and/or dirty into my SUV like I can a truck?

That is the need for a truck.

2) Now, what if I want one vehicle to do all of the above but then also have it capable of hauling my family or friends around?

Single cabs, SUVs and cars are incapable

3) can I haul a family of four around in my single cab?

No

4) what about in my crew cab?

Yes

The crew cab is the only vehicle that can satisfy all of those functional requirements.

Unless the single cab is a 100% work truck then its pretty useless to a guy who ever wants family and friends to go anywhere with him.

PS-the extended cab (smaller back seat) is only $2500 more than single cab and crew cab is only $5000 more. So the car you're talking about buying with the savings by going single cab is gonna be an old POS and you'll be paying insurance on it, taxes when you buy it, etc.

So you'd save minuscule money and have a lesser truck along with a POS car when you could've just bought one vehicle (the crew cab) and been done with it. Not everybody wants two cars either. Some prefer one that can do it all. :)

This one here is a new 2013 for $28k which I'd much rather have than a single cab and a 1985 civic to satisfy my utility and 4 door abilities:

1ftfw1cfxdfa87326-4.jpg

Last edited:

11dsgGT

Established Member
I do understand, that's why I see women driving these things. It wouldn't cross their mind to buy a 2 door truck because they wouldn't "use" it or it doesn't look good. The bed is just convenient to have, if they need to use it. Many people use or buy this truck for the convenience of the bed, not the other way around.
That's my gripe.
On ford the difference is $6300. You are paying $6300 for 2 doors, I mean you are paying $6300 for a bed. :kaboom:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I do understand, that's why I see women driving these things. It wouldn't cross their mind to buy a 2 door truck because they wouldn't "use" it or it doesn't look good. The bed is just convenient to have, if they need to use it. Many people use or buy this truck for the convenience of the bed, not the other way around.
That's my gripe.
On ford the difference is $6300. You are paying $6300 for 2 doors, I mean you are paying $6300 for a bed. :kaboom:
The dealership I posted that link from, has an f150 equivalently optioned (except the fact that its single cab) is only $2k cheaper so unless its a company truck its impractical if I plan on ever being able to have more than 1 other person with me. The extra 2k is more than worth it and its resale value is typically higher when I'm done with it since more people want the luxury of 4 doors more than a single cab.

Ford's website says its a $5060 (?) option. The other $1000 you're trying to include is for the larger bed size.

Show me something I can really haul things in and carry my family in AT THE SAME TIME that's brand new and significantly less than the $28k truck I posted that would make more sense than a crew cab satisfying the requirements I (and many people) have.

And even if you could its a personal choice what vehicle I drive. So why are you so upset how many doors someone's truck has?lol :)

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
That's my gripe.

It must be your area if you see a lot of women driving these things...now if he had posted a Tahoe or similar i could understand. I dont see too many women driving a brand new 4 door truck around here...hell take my truck into consideration..i dont recall the last time i saw a women driving a 4 door diesel truck.

with your logic of trucks should not have 4 doors....how would my college roommate that owns a VERY high end landscaping company tow his 10k lb trailer..his crew of 4-5 guys..and have a bed for extra carry room?? that sounds pretty horrible in an extended cab truck or regular cab...

Or better yet...an all around vehicle that can carry just about anything in the bed (i put 3500 lbs of pavers in my bed alone last week)...tow our 28ft boat..and get solid gas mileage...why would i want a truck that carries less people than my boat can? should i have the other 4 people meet me 400 miles away when we tow the boat to the Keys?

11dsgGT

Established Member
The dealership I posted that link from, has an f150 equivalently optioned (except the fact that its single cab) is only $2k cheaper so unless its a company truck its impractical if I plan on ever being able to have more than 1 other person with me. The extra 2k is more than worth it and its resale value is typically higher when I'm done with it since more people want the luxury of 4 doors more than a single cab.

Ford's website says its a $5060 (?) option. The other $1000 you're trying to include is for the larger bed size.

Show me something I can really haul things in and carry my family in AT THE SAME TIME that's brand new and significantly less than the $28k truck I posted that would make more sense than a crew cab satisfying the requirements I (and many people) have.

And even if you could its a personal choice what vehicle I drive. So why are you so upset how many doors someone's truck has?lol :)

Im not upset Im hatin on 4 door trucks just because.

61mmstang94

Established Member
It must be your area if you see a lot of women driving these things...now if he had posted a Tahoe or similar i could understand. I dont see too many women driving a brand new 4 door truck around here...hell take my truck into consideration..i dont recall the last time i saw a women driving a 4 door diesel truck.

with your logic of trucks should not have 4 doors....how would my college roommate that owns a VERY high end landscaping company tow his 10k lb trailer..his crew of 4-5 guys..and have a bed for extra carry room?? that sounds pretty horrible in an extended cab truck or regular cab...

Or better yet...an all around vehicle that can carry just about anything in the bed (i put 3500 lbs of pavers in my bed alone last week)...tow our 28ft boat..and get solid gas mileage...why would i want a truck that carries less people than my boat can? should i have the other 4 people meet me 400 miles away when we tow the boat to the Keys?

You should have bought a single cab and another car on the side if you wanna bring people places with you. Then they can drive that car and follow you. Because having two single purpose cars (instead of one that can do both) is more logical to 11dsgGT lol.

Im not upset Im hatin on 4 door trucks just because.
What can this truck do:
1ftmf1ef7dke69230-4.jpg

That this truck can't do:
1ftfw1efxdfc39778-4.jpg

Because I can list things the crew cab can do that the single cab isn't capable of...

Well, I guess if you wanna be close minded and make absolutely zero sense that's your choice. Carry on, soldier. :beer:

Last edited:

11dsgGT

Established Member
Well, I guess if you wanna be close minded and make absolutely zero sense that's your choice. Carry on, soldier. :beer:

It is a personal preference in the use of utility and the wants, instead of needs in an item. Good thing we live in the US, where we can have everything on one plate.

61mmstang94

Established Member
It is a personal preference in the use of utility and the wants, instead of needs in an item. Good thing we live in the US, where we can have everything on one plate.

Well, except some people need crew cabs, "want" doesn't have anything to do with it for a lot of people. Some people can't have a vehicle that only comfortbly holds one extr person other than themselves. But it's hard for you to grasp for one reason or another.

And you say it's a personal choice, whatever style someone need yet you're the only one criticizing what someone else chooses (in this case crew cab). Ironic bc no one has said anything to you about wanting a single cab.

Last edited:

11dsgGT

Established Member
Well, except some people need crew cabs, "want" doesn't have anything to do with it for a lot of people. Some people can't have a vehicle that only comfortably holds one extra person other than themselves. But it's hard for you to grasp for one reason or another.

And you say it's a personal choice, whatever style someone need yet you're the only one criticizing what someone else chooses (in this case crew cab). Ironic bc no one has said anything to you about wanting a single cab.

That was stated earlier and I said that I understood the uses of this vehicle.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about his truck I made a statement about my personal preference. If you feel obligated to argue with me about my vendetta against 4 door trucks, go ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread