New Shelby Gt500

2face

Established Member
hello i have a friend who has a 07 shelby :rockon:he wants me to do some work like oil change,k&n maybe a catback.no pulley change.what can he expect for power gains and will the shelby need to be tuned for these mods? thank you .oh yeah this car rocks:burnout:

69b302

Established Member
CAI will require a tune. mMaybe 50 HP for CAI/Tune depending on the tune. Catback will not require a tune, and will not buy you much HP. Good luck

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
You can get an Evolution tune and JLT CAI for a reasonable price - ask around here, everyone's been VERY happy with the Evo tune from what I hear. Chuck had a custom tune that he actually ditched in favor of the canned Evo!

As for the oil, be SURE to get the proper weight! What is it, 5W50? It's very important for the engine to run properly - the valvetrain requires the heavier weight oil to function.

FWIW

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
You can get an Evolution tune and JLT CAI for a reasonable price - ask around here, everyone's been VERY happy with the Evo tune from what I hear. Chuck had a custom tune that he actually ditched in favor of the canned Evo!

As for the oil, be SURE to get the proper weight! What is it, 5W50? It's very important for the engine to run properly - the valvetrain requires the heavier weight oil to function.

FWIW

Ford Recommends 5W50 Synthetic for the GT500s.

The EVO Tune and a JLT CAI results in a noticeable difference in power. :rockon:

The Tune also makes the difference in how the car runs. Such as holding the revvs up whilst you shift when above 2k. Evolution has done a good job with the Tune and when the Tech at my dealership drove the car it scared him! He daily drives a Roush 427R as well.

Typically, a tune and CAI may net about 500 at the wheels. Do a full 3" Bassini Exhaust and no muffs, tune it to that and get a few more hp.

03reptile

Established Member
I've done pretty much what your friend wants to do. I ordered a JLT CAI and the tune that come with the package. Put on BMR rear lowering springs and adjustable BMR panhard rod and the car is perfect for me. Goes like stink and the suspension doesn't beat me up. No plans for anything esle to preserve the warranty.

chuckstang

Established Member
Oh come on, no plans for a stage 2
I am wanting a stage 2 but like how right now I can turn it back to stock so easy and no heat soak, yet!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Oh come on, no plans for a stage 2
I am wanting a stage 2 but like how right now I can turn it back to stock so easy and no heat soak, yet!

If you haven't heatsoaked it you haven't been driving it. C'mon, cowboy up and stand on it.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread