New Rims for the Notch - LRS Deep Dish 10th Anniversary Rims

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I've never been a huge fan of the FR-500 rims on my car, but it was the only deep dish rim out there that fit my needs and looked decent.

I've been hearing a lot of negative opinions on the LRS version of the 10th anniversary rim. Mainly due to people not liking the dish on the front rim.

Some of the choice comments on these rims from the other thread include:

Garbage, DD fronts are gay, Worst Mustang wheel Evar, :xpl:, those look fugly, etc. etc.

My personal opinion is that they will look really nice on a notch. In reality, the lip on the front rim is not that huge (about 1.25 inch), but in pictures it does seem to look way bigger than it is. The front is 17x9 and the rear is 17x10.5.

I feel that a 17 inch rim on a cobra is small. For the foxbody guys on the site, I think 17 is a good size.

Sorry they are not mounted up yet, but I'm still waiting on new drag radials and have not had time to mount my front tires. Also, I need to make a few adjustments to the rear rim in order to fit my 5/8th studs.

Front:

frontrim.jpg

Rear:

rearrim.jpg

Side by Side

rimsview.gif

Top View

Topviewrims.gif

Going back to 2003/2004 when my car had real 10th anniversary rims on it:

driverside.jpg

ffw2.jpg

pete85fox

Established Member
I dont think the rim looks bad at all. Im not sure about the fronts with that lip but who knows they might look really good. Cant wait for some pics:banana:

My94GT

Established Member
i think they will look right at home on a fox body but your right they prolly arent the best for a newer cobra

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
can u post some more vids of that thing please?

Thanks.

This is the best video I have right now:

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/887-second-pass-on-17_198475.htm]8.87 second pass on 17 inch drag radials- Video[/ame]

According to summit, the drag radials are not due to be delivered until mid-March, so it is going to be a minimum of a few weeks before they are on the car.

I should be able to get the fronts mounted this week so it will give people a good idea of what the lip on the front will look like. Of course, my motor is out of the car right now, so the ride height will look all screwed up in a picture anyway.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
sweet, but i REALLY liked the fr500's on it....and no, i'm not biased :-D

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Thanks.

8.87 second pass on 17 inch drag radials- Video

According to summit, the drag radials are not due to be delivered until mid-March, so it is going to be a minimum of a few weeks before they are on the car.

I should be able to get the fronts mounted this week so it will give people a good idea of what the lip on the front will look like. Of course, my motor is out of the car right now, so the ride height will look all screwed up in a picture anyway.

Damn your car moves, but what the hell was done to the Supra?

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Damn your car moves, but what the hell was done to the Supra?

A very very big turbo. It is a really nice and well put together car. I think they said it was mid 7 second capable once they got it dialed in.

svtsmo said:
sweet, but i REALLY liked the fr500's on it....and no, i'm not biased

I always preferred the 10th anniversary rim design to the FR-500 design, but they certainly both nice. I think the FR-500 design is definitely better in an 18 inch.

Can't wait to see them on the car.

Me too. I wish I could get them on the car faster, but I am at the mercy of Summit and Mickey Thompson for shipping out the tires and some other parts.

Sweet man! Those are going to look sick!

Thanks. I really do think they are going to look nice.

Wikkd03

Established Member
i think those will look great on your car!
what you have done with your coupe is what i want to do with mine. look stockish, drive to the track, run 8s and drive home :banana:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Thanks.

8.87 second pass on 17 inch drag radials- Video

Holy shit man that thing flys!:rockon:. I think the wheels look sick man although i like fr500s on notchs aswell.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread