New rims and other mods on '11 GT

twistedneck

Established Member
Thanks man. I normally am a fan of 20 with low profile tires, but I think that look is getting played out. I wanted to be different instead of going low profile tire like everyone else. Plus I get better performance and more tire life with the larger profile tires as a posed to low pros. Thanks for commenting about my whip. :beer:

How did the taller sidewalls change the ride? Did it seem smoother over bumps? more traction out of corners? or do you roll the tires over a bit.. and lose grip?

silver50

Established Member
car looks good! do you have the top fogs plugged in or the lower fogs?

As of right now I have the top fogs hook up only. I have HID to install in the headlights and both sets of fog lights with relays to be able to run both sets of fog lights at the same time. Just been busy and also a little lazy to hook up these lights. I will soon though. :rockon:

Looks good!

Thanks Swetrid.

How did the taller sidewalls change the ride? Did it seem smoother over bumps? more traction out of corners? or do you roll the tires over a bit.. and lose grip?

When I first installed the tires it definitely rode smoother, but I did feel like there was slight tire wall roll during hard turning. I tried to stiffen up the ride by just adjusting the coilovers, but I finally checked the tire pressure after raising the rear slightly and notice the installers did not listen to me to run 40 psi in all tires. instead the only left it at 35psi. So I raised the psi to 43 psi as recommend by others who have own these tires in the 45 series. By adding more air to the tires, it made the sidewalls have no roll in them at all just stick and grip. Car with higher psi still rides quieter than stock, with better wear and traction. So I could not be happier. :burnout:

silver50

Established Member
Ahh ok. I'm picking mine up next week and i plan on going this route with the fogs.

Yeah I like the look of the front end with both sets of fogs. I just can't wait to how the car will look with both sets of fogs being on at the same time. :thumbsup:

Car looks good, did you paint or wrap the roof in black?

Thanks Impact. I actually had the car wrapped. I originally was planning to have it painted instead of wrapping it but my paint guy told me it would look better wrapped instead of painted. I know it was primarily due to the hood. He said to make the paint job look right and lay smooth like he would want it to be he would basically have to paint it matte black, then paint the hood silver and clear coat it. Finally a whole lot of sanding to make it look right. Needless to say, he said it will cost a lot less and look better. So since he has been in the business for over 30 years I took his advice to heart. I had the wrap done professionally. I really wanted it to look good and not look amateurishly done. I think I came out well though. :thumbsup:

Now that is an inside/Outside sweet ride !

I like how you have it lowered, looks BA !

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I'm really happy you guys like the custom touches inside and out. I really am trying to keep the theme running smooth and not overly done both inside and out. These mods just make the drive each day much more enjoyable for me, and I'm happy you like the stance I highly recommend the BC coilover to anyone looking for a good riding and performing suspension with the ability to adjust the ride height to what ever height is your liking. I love how the car look, and I love even more that the car doesn't bottom out all the time like my old car. Man it really hurt me every time my charger would scrape, and I vowed to not do the same to my new baby the stang :beer:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Thanks 5.0trunk, I actually did the emblems myself. I used fishing line to remove the emblem off the car. I painted the emblems with some satin black paint. Then I used 3M double sided black tape to reattach the emblems. really easy to do and looks great. :rockon:

Thanks! I just did mine yesterday!

4c641bc4-a6d2-1252.jpg

4c641bc4-a6e3-b624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

silver50

Established Member
looks good....I love the silver/black combo

thanks Saleen. I appreciate it. happy you like the look of my whip :-D

Thanks! I just did mine yesterday!

4c641bc4-a6d2-1252.jpg

4c641bc4-a6e3-b624.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

I think it looks good man. I really like the 5.0 emblem blacked out on a silver stang. black is definitely a better contrast to the silver than the chrome look. I love how now you can see the emblem from over 50 ft away, while the chrome one would blend in from less than 20 ft away. Hey if you got a 5.0 you might as well represent it :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread