New rims and other mods on '11 GT

silver50

Established Member
Hey guy figure I post a couple of pics of whip with some new rims and other mods. The rims are 18x9 AMR rims wrapped in 275/45/18 continental on all four corners. I also installed some new smoked front corner lights, and here are some pics of my color matched center console. hope you guys like the pics. :beer:

DSCN6457.jpg

DSCN6458.jpg

DSCN6461.jpg

DSCN6462.jpg

DSCN6463.jpg

DSCN6464.jpg

DSCN6466.jpg

DSCN6467.jpg

DSCN6468.jpg

DSCN6471.jpg

DSCN6474.jpg

DSCN6475.jpg

DSCN6478.jpg

DSCN6414.jpg

DSCN6415.jpg

DSCN6422.jpg

DSCN6424.jpg

DSCN6428.jpg

DSCN6434.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

DSCN6450.jpg

Mods so far: JLT oil separator, 5% limo tint, matte black 5.0 side emblems and front pony emblem, matte black vinyl on hood, roof, spoiler, and deck lid, AMR matte grey 18x9 wrapped in Continental extreme contact D/W 275/45/18, BC Racing coilovers, Freedom Racing adjustable panhard bar, boss lower front fascia, black out front side markers, color matched center console, painted intake manifold and coil pack covers, retro black shift knob, K&N drop in air filter, custom exhaust with x-pipe and dynomax mufflers with 4" tips.

Hope you guys like. Its still a work in progress, but I am happy with how the car is turning out. :-D

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Looking good. I would have went with different wheels since it seems everybody with a 2011+ runs that style and they almost appear as stock options, but if you like them that's what counts.

Two questions:

The BC coilovers, are you using the E-09? Were they direct fitment or any modification needed?

The blacked out pony, did you paint that or does someone make those?

kingnut

Established Member
how do the BC coilovers handle? still up in the air to go with those, D2's, or muller's.

silver50

Established Member
Looking good. I would have went with different wheels since it seems everybody with a 2011+ runs that style and they almost appear as stock options, but if you like them that's what counts.

Two questions:

The BC coilovers, are you using the E-09? Were they direct fitment or any modification needed?

The blacked out pony, did you paint that or does someone make those?

Thanks bud. I believe it is the E-09 kit, its the kit for 2005+ Mustangs. I did get the spring 1K less spring load than normal as for the recommendation from other who have purchased the kit prior to me with bc factory spring rate saying it was a little too much. As far as modification, I have none to report other than you will need an adjustable pan hard bar to adjust rear axle alignment. Otherwise, it is a direct bolt-on. I absolutely love this kit and would recommend it to anyone that is looking to change their suspension and not spend over $1500 on other coilover kits and suspension kits available for the mustang.
Finally, for the black pony emblem I used a couple old bed sheets and covered up the entire front end and used some matte black spray paint. I think I put like 5 coats on the emblem. The side emblems and painted as well, but I used fishing line to remove the emblems to paint them and used black double sided tape from the auto store to put them back on. Emblems still look good 4 months later. hope this helps:thumbsup:

kingnut

Established Member
silver what rates did you get front and rear? i have spoke with BC and 7k front/5k rear seems to be as low as they offer. which is the normal kit for the 2005+ stangs. also link to where you picked them up?

silver50

Established Member
how do the BC coilovers handle? still up in the air to go with those, D2's, or muller's.

Honestly, I can tell you this car handles on rails. My last car was the first car I modified the suspension, and I can say that the factory suspension on the mustang left a lot to be expected from. If there was only one thing I was allowed to change on the stock mustang it would have to be the suspension. A lot of people told me to go with spring and better shocks and struts. I'm happy I went coilovers. I like being able to adjust ride height if needed. Furthermore, I really like I can go from a comfortable ride for my DD still tighter than stock, and in less than 1 minute, I can pop the hood and trunk and adjust the ride stiffness with a couple twist of valve adjuster knob. who can complain? I can adjust my suspension to be optimized to what ever race track I go to. To me, the adjustability made the coilover kit well worth it to me. I say go BC coilovers all the way.

kingnut

Established Member
silver what rates did you get front and rear? i have spoke with BC and 7k front/5k rear seems to be as low as they offer. which is the normal kit for the 2005+ stangs. also link to where you picked them up?

thanks for the answer on my first question. how about the ones quoted above.

silver50

Established Member

If I remember correctly it was 6k front/ 4k rear. I remember on their website they say they can adjust the spring rate for what you want. I asked for 2k less front and back. They told me that if they went 2k less it would be too soft of a spring rate. they recommeded to drop it 1k spring rate front and back. If your looking to buy these coilovers talk to emerson at lastcallracing. He is a really nice guy and will hook you up right. hope this helps man.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member

Honestly I'd remove D2's from your list, my buddy had a set of these on his STI and they rode like trash and were made of extremely subpar materials. I'm leaning towards the Mullers. But the BCs I had on my STI were great for what they were. I just think the Mullers will be better quality and perform better than the BC's based on the research I've done.

kingnut

Established Member
If I remember correctly it was 6k front/ 4k rear. I remember on their website they say they can adjust the spring rate for what you want. I asked for 2k less front and back. They told me that if they went 2k less it would be too soft of a spring rate. they recommeded to drop it 1k spring rate front and back. If your looking to buy these coilovers talk to emerson at lastcallracing. He is a really nice guy and will hook you up right. hope this helps man.

thanks for the info man. your ride looks good.

Honestly I'd remove D2's from your list, my buddy had a set of these on his STI and they rode like trash and were made of extremely subpar materials. I'm leaning towards the Mullers. But the BCs I had on my STI were great for what they were. I just think the Mullers will be better quality and perform better than the BC's based on the research I've done.

sean the mullers with swift springs will definitely handle better than the BC's or D2's. i was just looking a to save $700 or $800. i talked to them over at fortune auto (muller) and they said they can custom valve them for my application which would be street only and the ride would be close to stock with the car slammed.

silver50

Established Member
Nice. I'm not a fan of the 18's with the large sidewalls though. Otherwise it looks good.

Thanks man. I normally am a fan of 20 with low profile tires, but I think that look is getting played out. I wanted to be different instead of going low profile tire like everyone else. Plus I get better performance and more tire life with the larger profile tires as a posed to low pros. Thanks for commenting about my whip. :beer:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Where did you get the blacked out 5.0 emblems? Did you do them yourself??
Car looks good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

silver50

Established Member
car really looks good

Thanks Shadi I really appreciate you looking at the pics and commenting

Where did you get the blacked out 5.0 emblems? Did you do them yourself??
Car looks good!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

Thanks 5.0trunk, I actually did the emblems myself. I used fishing line to remove the emblem off the car. I painted the emblems with some satin black paint. Then I used 3M double sided black tape to reattach the emblems. really easy to do and looks great. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread