New racecar build

kevin

For some of you that may be interested.

We raced the Camaro a couple weeks ago for the first time at the NASA race in Brainerd, Mn. Pfadt Race Engineering hired a video company to come shoot video and put some promotional videos together. They did a quick 1 minute teaser that we thought was kind of cool. The real video should be out in a month or so.

YouTube - PfadtRaceEngineering's Channel

Brian

looks good, who was driving? he looked kinda slow :eek::dw::lol:

grats brian :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
looks good, who was driving? he looked kinda slow :eek::dw::lol:

grats brian :beer:

Much of that video was done Friday night when the track was nice enough to Let Aaron Pfadt and the video guy to go out and do low speed driving around the track to get video.

Aaron Pfadt ran the car in TT a few sessions to help with setup input and I raced the car. There were up to 4 or 5 cameras on the car all weekend, so the at speed video will have both Aaron and I driving. They are editing the long video with interviews with the all of us as we speak, hopefully it will be out soon.

Since we are in a Cobra R forum, I will mention Aaron and I shared my Cobra R as well. It was cool to see Aaron driving a Ford. ;)

Brian

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Brian,

can you share the final weight with us and how did the car do during the race?

Great looking car!

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
For some of you that may be interested.

We raced the Camaro a couple weeks ago for the first time at the NASA race in Brainerd, Mn. Pfadt Race Engineering hired a video company to come shoot video and put some promotional videos together. They did a quick 1 minute teaser that we thought was kind of cool. The real video should be out in a month or so.

YouTube - PfadtRaceEngineering's Channel

Brian

Brian,

The car looks great! :rockon: You have brought that car from the beginning(stock) to what looks like a fine race car. :beer: Even if it is a chebby. :poke:

Be fast and have FUN!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian,

can you share the final weight with us and how did the car do during the race?

Great looking car!

Hi Mark,

The car is heavy. It is about 3250-3300 lb wet, or about 3450-3500 with me in the car, full of fuel, ect.

We have some weight we can remove yet, but not alot. The rotors are heavy as is the two piece driveshaft, but beyond that, most weight savings would be through replacing body panels with carbon fiber or something like that. We have not put on a wing or any aero, so I think we are near what our final weight is going to be. :(

I won all three races in Brainerd, but there was only one or two other AI cars there.

I need alot more seat time in the car, it drives so different from the Mustangs. There is alot more time for me to gain in this car.

Brian

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Thanks for sharing!

I'm assuming your planning on being at the NASA Championship this year, correct?

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Hi Mark,

The car is heavy. It is about 3250-3300 lb wet, or about 3450-3500 with me in the car, full of fuel, ect.

We have some weight we can remove yet, but not alot. The rotors are heavy as is the two piece driveshaft, but beyond that, most weight savings would be through replacing body panels with carbon fiber or something like that. We have not put on a wing or any aero, so I think we are near what our final weight is going to be. :(

I won all three races in Brainerd, but there was only one or two other AI cars there.

I need alot more seat time in the car, it drives so different from the Mustangs. There is alot more time for me to gain in this car.

Brian

Brian,

Do you plan on replacing the two piece driveshaft? I heard it makes a big difference with the Mustangs. :shrug:

Jeff Henderson said your car was awsome! :rockon:

JoeJ

Established Member
Brian,

You should bring the car down to Texas World Speedway sometime this fall or winter. The weather is nice here in the fall and you can play with some local Mustangs and southern NASA guys. Love to see the car in person.

Users who are viewing this thread