New racecar build

BAD PNY

Established Member
Brian

That looks great and it is nice to see you racing a Chevrolet for once. Sometimes it takes awhile before we all come to our sense's.

Cobra-R

Established Member
That's a beautiful AI Camaro. I have to ask you....will your new racer ever go up against Bruce's "Secret Weapon" on the same track?? That will be a very interesting match-up.

Probly not. We are building a car to meet specific rules. We can't run sticky tires, we have a hp/weight, tq/wight rule, ect. A AI car can and is very fast, but it is hardly in the same league of a car like Bruce has.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian

That looks great and it is nice to see you racing a Chevrolet for once. Sometimes it takes awhile before we all come to our sense's.

Hi Mike,

Give me a call some time, miss talking and seeing you. Lets find a way to meet up sometime.

Brian

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Probly not. We are building a car to meet specific rules. We can't run sticky tires, we have a hp/weight, tq/wight rule, ect. A AI car can and is very fast, but it is hardly in the same league of a car like Bruce has.

Brian

Gotcha...thanks. Seeing the new Camaro go up against Mustangs & Cobra's in various venues is going to be fun to watch. Gloves-off O/T is going to be crazy. Good for the sport.

BAD PNY

Established Member
Hi Mike,

Give me a call some time, miss talking and seeing you. Lets find a way to meet up sometime.

Brian

Will do. I am getting ready for the National Championship's at Road America in a few weeks. Really the car looks sweet and I know what a pita it is to build one from scratch.

Mike

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian,

I understand there is already a petition filed against your car because the "NASA AI" banner isn't official!

:poke:

Looks great!

Mark,

We cannot find where there is anything questionable about the AI banner other than it is different than what is the "norm"

8.3 Appearance
.1 All cars are required to display at least four official NASA racing stickers. One shall be placed on
the front, rear, and each side of the vehicle.
.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also
display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.
.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in
contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials.

I assume you were kidding, but as you know, having a new car will bring all the critics out that want to nippick. Just wanted to make sure you didn't know something that I was not aware of?

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys, we are proud of how the car has turned out. We hope to have it on the track in Oct and even (maybe) race it in a enduro yet this year.

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I assume you were kidding,

Brian:

No Doubt, Mark was kidding.

As you know, him and Toner have gone through more than their fair share of the NASA wringer! ;-) I couldn't make out the NASA banner in the final rendition of car photos. However, I could read it in the prototype photos. That is possibly what Mark was referring to?!?!

Everybody on this board wishes you well with the car even though it isn't 'our' brand. We're cheering for you, not the car! ;-):poke:

:beer::coolman::beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
As you know, him and Toner have gone through more than their fair share of the NASA wringer!

Yep, I am aware of that, thus my questioning just in case there was a hint in Marks post... I too have learned from thier experience, just covering bases.

Everybody on this board wishes you well with the car even though it isn't 'our' brand. We're cheering for you, not the car! ;-):poke:

Thanks

kevin

not me. i just think it's the older slower white car in drag :bash::poke::uh oh::dw::nonono::nonono::beer::beer:

see ya soon so i can rag on ya in person :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Hey Brian:

How's the shakedown going?!?! Are we going to see any vids?!?! ;-):poke:

Shakedown so far is a no go. We have been having issues getting the parts, we did get the production shocks/struts last week (we had prototypes on the car before), and all the associated parts. We are still waiting for swaybars and some parts like that, and waiting for NASA to release the 2010 rules before we button it up. The rules were suppose to be out in Oct.

We are hoping to make a trip down south over the winter if we can find some events to run. :bs: lol

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
For some of you that may be interested.

We raced the Camaro a couple weeks ago for the first time at the NASA race in Brainerd, Mn. Pfadt Race Engineering hired a video company to come shoot video and put some promotional videos together. They did a quick 1 minute teaser that we thought was kind of cool. The real video should be out in a month or so.

YouTube - PfadtRaceEngineering's Channel

Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread