New racecar build

Cobra-R

Established Member
Not Cobra R related, but since many of the people in here are car people beyond Ford only, I thought I would post a link to the new racecar we are in the process of building for AI. I ordered a new 2010 Camaro in April, it came in in Late june. I drove it to MAM in Iowa to see what the car was like totally stock and then we proceeded to tear the car down.

As it sits now, we have a bare shell that is ready to start going back together. Our goal is to have the car on the track yet this year.

Carriage House Custom Automotive

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Why doesn't this surprise me this bow tie is yellow! ;-):poke:

Good luck with the build Brian! :beer:

I knew you and Ted liked yellow the best so I tried to please ya. ;)

Hopefully (for me) this is a solid platform to build upon...........if not I have another open track car. lol.

The car is very very heavy, so far that is our biggest concern.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
i've been watching the tear down and wish the best for you and the project

Thanks Kevin. :beer:

Are you going to the nationals at Miller? It is a stretch, but we are hoping on possibly making it out there with the new car. Give me a call.

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I knew you and Ted liked yellow the best so I tried to please ya. ;)

Hopefully (for me) this is a solid platform to build upon...........if not I have another open track car. lol.

The car is very very heavy, so far that is our biggest concern.

Brian

Well if you think that car is heavy, you should thank your lucky stars you didn't start with a Challenger!! ;-)

SlowSVT

Established Member
:coolman:

Is that going to be modern day Yenko Camaro? All we need now is an AAR Challenger and we got ourselves a race! Maybe Dan Gurney will come out of retirement :thumbsup:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Car is going to paint tomorrow, thought ya might like to see what it will look like:

Brian

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Brian,

COOL paint job. You might need a LITTLE bit larger brakes to whoa that plump little cheby down, just before a turn. :poke:

Before someone flames me :nono:, I know it's just a drawing. :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Brian,

I understand there is already a petition filed against your car because the "NASA AI" banner isn't official!

:poke:

Looks great!

Cobra-R

Established Member
The car has seen the light of the day for the first time today. It in not ready to hit the track yet, but it is pretty darn close. We have been busting our butts to get the car ready to go to nationals. I will be displayed at my sponsors displays (Carriagehouse Customs and Pfadt racing)

I plan on flying out for the Nations at Miller motorsport park, stop by and say hi if you are there.

Brian

kevin

nice paint job brian.

but i don't see the new holland stuff to make it a business advertising deduction - like fred said.

to bad the paint job won't last long in the ruff'n'tumble ai group ;)

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Are you planning to race it at nationals or put it on display there? I'm hoping you race it!

What did it end up weighing in at?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Are you planning to race it at nationals or put it on display there? I'm hoping you race it!

What did it end up weighing in at?

Mark,

Unfortunately the car is not ready to race yet, which we really never expected it to be anyway. Our goal was to get it out to Utah for two of my major sponsors for thier displays... It left on the transport today.

Last weigh in was at 2900 lbs with a full tank of fuel. We have the dash, guages, and misc small items to put in yet, but feel good that we will be around 3000 - 3100 lbs.

Our goal is 3200-3250 with driver. I have been given clearance to go ahead and continue eating at Taco Bell. :D

Brian

93SVTCobra

Established Member
WOW! That's a great weight to come in at! There must be alot of useless weight in the base car! Any surprised on the weights of the stuff you took out?

I'll be interested to see how the car does next year!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
That's a beautiful AI Camaro. I have to ask you....will your new racer ever go up against Bruce's "Secret Weapon" on the same track?? That will be a very interesting match-up.

Users who are viewing this thread