New R member

svtguy

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

paul, is the single chip one that goes inside the black box or does it hang outside of it?

Dang it, didn't log out soon enough, you found me Kevin. Brian still might be hanging around here also.

The chip hangs on the outside of the computer. Email Byron at Racesystems, he might be able to get you one that is able to be installed on the inside of the computer, instead of hanging off of the end of it.

Paul.

kevin

Originally posted by svtguy

Dang it, didn't log out soon enough, you found me Kevin. Brian still might be hanging around here also.

The chip hangs on the outside of the computer. Email Byron at Racesystems, he might be able to get you one that is able to be installed on the inside of the computer, instead of hanging off of the end of it.

Paul.

yup, brian's here too.

scca requires the chip change to be inside the box. hence, i can't use the reostat style chip.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

nj - come to ra next year.

actually if ya look carefully at the photo you'll not see any jack stands.

what ya see is an expense experimental self contained jack system. this allows the car to be remotely raised for spectator inspection.:D :D :xxplode:

OK OK, You are piling it on kinda deep now. LOL But than again, with your track preperation record, maybe that would be a good option for you to have.:dw:

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

Originally posted by Cobra-R

OK OK, You are piling it on kinda deep now. LOL But than again, with your track preperation record, maybe that would be a good option for you to have.:dw:

i figure if ALL you guys can pile on me, i can pile on myself (LMAO)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

joe and i shared that canopy space. only one r at a time. hehe

I bet if the dealership knew you two were comming back next year, they would invest in a two car tent, and maybe even a lift. LOL

kevin

btw, my car was preped for the event. but then it broke on the track - AND i've got a witness. want to know who it is?:idea:

Cobra-R

Established Member

now i feel like an outcast.

boohoo (hehe)

i feel so teribly bad now (do you feel guilty yet?)

Oh yes, I for one feel real guilty now. :dw:

kevin

I bet if the dealership knew you two were comming back next year, they would invest in a two car tent, and maybe even a lift. LOL

i might even set up my two car tent with loyal next year instead of where it was this year.:D :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

btw, my car was preped for the event. but then it broke on the track - AND i've got a witness. want to know who it is?:idea:

Brian to the Jury......

No your honor, I didn't hear the grinding when Kevin was backing the car out of the trailer. :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

i might even set up my two car tent with loyal next year instead of where it was this year.:D :D

Ouch, that hurts

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Degass bottle

Brian to the Jury......

No your honor, I didn't hear the grinding when Kevin was backing the car out of the trailer. :D

LMAO. that was the fear others felt and the grinding of their teeth.

the teeth of the clutch never ground. what broke (or went wrong) was the fork was hitting the pressure plate when ya depressed the clutvh pedal. (summation to the jury. the judge sends the jury home, rightly deciding, there's no case here).

svtguy

Established Member

scca requires the chip change to be inside the box. hence, i can't use the reostat style chip.

My chip is not the reostat type, I have just a single program chip. When installed, it looks like a small black box glued to then end of the computer. The computer still fits into the holder behind the passenger side kick panel.

Kevin, Brian, are you guys training for wimbleton? Hitting it back and forth like that.

Paul.

kevin

My chip is not the reostat type, I have just a single program chip. When installed, it looks like a small black box glued to then end of the computer. The computer still fits into the holder behind the passenger side kick panel.

Kevin, Brian, are you guys training for wimbleton? Hitting it back and forth like that.

Paul.

paul - the chip. any idea what the chip results in at the rear wheels?

i think of it more like "pong". but i see you playing as well:D face it, you like to play too

svtguy

Established Member

paul - the chip. any idea what the chip results in at the rear wheels?

i think of it more like "pong". but i see you playing as well:D face it, you like to play too

Chip, I would say 10-15hp peak, but the average across the whole power band is up also. It also leans out the overly rich air/fuel ratio which in turn eliminates the decel backfiring. It also eliminates the factory's temporaly retarding of the ignition timing between shifts.

PONG. What the heck is PONG. Must be a seniority thing. LOL

Paul

kevin

Chip, I would say 10-15hp peak, but the average across the whole power band is up also. It also leans out the overly rich air/fuel ratio which in turn eliminates the decel backfiring. It also eliminates the factory's temporaly retarding of the ignition timing between shifts.

PONG. What the heck is PONG. Must be a seniority thing. LOL

Paul

sinority thing? it's an elder thing!!:D :D

XLR8-R

Established Member
Shifter Handle

Kevin, Yes it's an easy swap. You just pop the boot/shifter plate off and use a 10mm wrench or socket. With my car I noticed the lug wrench in the trunk does not fit the lug nuts. Is this right or did the previous owner change it? Also guys, any other chip manufacturers to recommend? Speaking of the de-gas bottle, what level should the coolant be at? I'm going to the drags tonight, I'll post the results.(if I'm not too embarassed) Does everyone with 4.10s like them? Carter

JoeJ

Established Member
4.10 gears

I have 4.10 gears in my 2000 Cobra R. I love them especially at shorter tracks like Hallett, however at RA it was a pain making sure I was in the right gear. It took a while to learn what gear I needed at various parts of the track. Once I started learning what gear I should be in, things started to improve. Hmmmm. I got the trophy for the slowest 2000 R. I now have it mounted in my bar to remind me I need to improve..lol.

I also have trouble smoking the tires in first and second gear and I now have a blown clutch due to not hitting my shifts correctly. Anyway, I do love the 4.10 gears and they will work great at Motor Sports Ranch and Hallett.

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread