New R member

kevin

Re: Shifter Handle

Originally posted by XLR8-R
Kevin, Yes it's an easy swap. You just pop the boot/shifter plate off and use a 10mm wrench or socket. With my car I noticed the lug wrench in the trunk does not fit the lug nuts. Is this right or did the previous owner change it? Also guys, any other chip manufacturers to recommend? Speaking of the de-gas bottle, what level should the coolant be at? I'm going to the drags tonight, I'll post the results.(if I'm not too embarassed) Does everyone with 4.10s like them? Carter

thanks. my lug wrench does fit. i don't use it tho.

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Shifter Handle

Originally posted by XLR8-R
Kevin, Yes it's an easy swap. You just pop the boot/shifter plate off and use a 10mm wrench or socket. With my car I noticed the lug wrench in the trunk does not fit the lug nuts. Is this right or did the previous owner change it? Also guys, any other chip manufacturers to recommend? Speaking of the de-gas bottle, what level should the coolant be at? I'm going to the drags tonight, I'll post the results.(if I'm not too embarassed) Does everyone with 4.10s like them? Carter
Carter:

My lug wrench does not fit the lugs either. I went to Sears Hardware and bought a breaker bar, a 13/16 deep socket, and a torque wrench.

As for the 4.10 gears, I am getting them installed next week some time... and also at the same time, the Kenny Brown diff cooler. So, I will let you know how the gears feel once I get it back. JoeJ has the 4.10s on his car, and he goes to the track with it alot (road race tracks) and he says it pulls like a freight train coming out of the turns!! :D

kevin

Originally posted by Scoriox

thats cuz your car is always broken :D

brian made me say it

i expect as much from brian (and a couple of others) but YOU matt. i must be in REALLY big trouble.:sad

(sitting here hoping for a modecum of sympathy (sincere) from someone not infected by inuendos):uh oh:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
hey.....how'd ya manage that??? I had to pay 70.00 for that piece of crap coolant degass bottle.....my local svt dealer even tried to get svt to give it free of charge cause ALL of the 00 r's they've sold or seen have leaky degass bottles.....
ok, I obviously misunderstood the SVT guy the other day ??? :uh oh: when I thought he said my new splitter was going to be at no charge to me?.. yeah right? I knew it sounded too good to be true!! It arrived today at Joe Meyers Ford and when I dropped by to pick it up? he said "That'll be $265.00 please?!" We called the SVT folks and Jason told the dealer guy that in fact I would have to pay for it! Oh well, I should have known that there would be nothing for free with this car. After all, it has no warranty!

Anyway, now can someone please tell me where to get those nifty fasteners?? I think I will take the original one off of the car, and bring it to the paint shop to have it fixed and repainted at the same time that they paint the new one... then I will have two perfect splitters - one being a fully ready and painted spare, with fasteners on it.

If anyone has info. on those fasteners, please let me know?

TIA!

kevin

Re: Re: Shifter Handle

Originally posted by Andy M
Carter:

My lug wrench does not fit the lugs either. I went to Sears Hardware and bought a breaker bar, a 13/16 deep socket, and a torque wrench.

As for the 4.10 gears, I am getting them installed next week some time... and also at the same time, the Kenny Brown diff cooler. So, I will let you know how the gears feel once I get it back. JoeJ has the 4.10s on his car, and he goes to the track with it alot (road race tracks) and he says it pulls like a freight train coming out of the turns!! :D

i've seen how joe pulls out of those turns with the 4:10, but he loses grpund on tracks wiht long straights.

i think tho they work for him because of the autox and predominance of short tracks available (around 2 miles or less).

Andy M

Established Member
Kevin,

I am still struggling with whether or not to actually change the gearing or not? I know Joe likes his, but I will not actually be doing much "real" racing with my car... just an occasional romp at TWS, and some autocrossing events? Should I proceed with the 4.10's or drive it a few times on the track, and then make a decision on the gears??

Do you have new gears in your car? or are you still running with the 3.55's??

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Kevin,

I am still struggling with whether or not to actually change the gearing or not? I know Joe likes his, but I will not actually be doing much "real" racing with my car... just an occasional romp at TWS, and some autocrossing events? Should I proceed with the 4.10's or drive it a few times on the track, and then make a decision on the gears??

Do you have new gears in your car? or are you still running with the 3.55's??

i'm still running the stock stuff. the 4:10's are good for the drags (which i don't do) and good for autox (again, i don't do). tws has some good straights, especially if ya run the full course.

ya might try the 4:10 and see. i'm just pointing out pros and cons. if i chage gears i might only do 3:73. i'll be slower out of the turn but make up for it in top end (depending on the lenght of the straight) and have more speed into the next turn.

most tracks are short between turns tho.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
DZUS fasteners

I think the correct spelling is DZUS. I think an industrial supply company I buy from has them. Check out mscdirect.com or any auto racing supply catalog....we used them to hold the panels on our midget racecar, but I forget where we got them....

Users who are viewing this thread