New puppy

bssmith1220

Established Member
We decided to add a second four legged friend to our family today. Meet Enzo. He’s a Lagotto Romagnolo.
Image1659142221.854599.jpg

Image1659142235.737352.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
THAT'S a cute pup! Just curious, do they shed hair less than most breeds?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cute.
Never heard of that breed. Is it a new breed?

bssmith1220

Established Member
Very cute.
Never heard of that breed. Is it a new breed?
Not new, just pretty rare I suppose. They are from Italy. Hundreds of years ago they were water fowl retrievers, then the area they were native to drained all the marsh land. So they were repurposed to find/dig up truffles. They are basically the original water dog and now primarily used for truffle hunting. In the 1970’s they got down to around 30 left in the world due to people cross breeding them for their nose. Efforts were made to bring them back in the past few decades but they still aren’t really popular. Our vet has never seen one in 40 years of being a vet.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Not new, just pretty rare I suppose. They are from Italy. Hundreds of years ago they were water fowl retrievers, then the area they were native to drained all the marsh land. So they were repurposed to find/dig up truffles. They are basically the original water dog and now primarily used for truffle hunting. In the 1970’s they got down to around 30 left in the world due to people cross breeding them for their nose. Efforts were made to bring them back in the past few decades but they still aren’t really popular. Our vet has never seen one in 40 years of being a vet.
We’re getting another Pastore Abbruzzese pup at the end of the month, also an Italian breed. We’ve had Thor for about 8 years. His little sister is being flown in to either New York, or Newark.
53FC7D85-F0E3-4C2E-81E8-B6E37CEFF261.jpeg

bssmith1220

Established Member
Cute dog. I've seen a ton of poodle based dogs people are getting lately. I assume, it's the shedding deal.
Yea the doodle trend is really popular right now. This guys not any part poodle though. Just looks similar.

Users who are viewing this thread