New Procharger running way too rich

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
casey, id clean it up nicely with a brillo pad. obviously disconnect the battery while you do it.

blow through vs draw through is the maf.

if you have the maf before the blower, the air is being sucked or "drawn" through it. If its after the blower, its being blown through.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Venomous, should I turn the MAF around? I don't guess it could run much worse...

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
caseydp75 said:
Venomous, should I turn the MAF around? I don't guess it could run much worse...
most procharger setups are for blow through.. run your maf inside your fenderwell between your cooler and your tube to your manifold. then put your filter directly on your blower intake. Your BOV should run from the lower side of the blower from that bung up towards the passenger side with the flex pipe. The output of the BOV will route into your black blower intake with the small L rubber hose.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Everything is setup exactly how Procharger describes it. The MAF is in the fenderwell and is pointed in the correct direction. BOV, air filter, etc. are all in the right positions. Really the only things I can try before I'm left with a custom tune as my only option is cleaning the chip terminals again and getting another MAF.... I just find it odd that the car runs pretty good without the MAF.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
yeah that is odd... any chance you can get some pics??

You are gonna need a real tune anyways but there is a chance they accidently got you the wrong tune.. soo many variables to work with from pcm to pcm.. too many little things that can throw off a tune.. get a real tune and that should fix your problems and get you another 45rwhp safely

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Yes - they can either load the tune to a chip or flash your computer with it. I think most tuners prefer flashing, unless you need to have a setup that allows you to switch between multiple tunes.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
all the tuners in my area all do either SCT chips or diablosport. A good tuner will take the following setps to get you a perfect tune.
They load a baseline with the variables of your tune. Then they adjust part throttle tuning on the dyno with a load on the car. Then they start adjusting full throttle tuning. Maybe make a 3k run and adjust air/fuel then a few 4k runs till it is right and so on till 7k. After they get air/fuel tuned properly for both part throttle and full throttle they will put some timing back into the car to get it safely to the desirable hp numbers. Procharger loads up some baseline they spent 2 hours on 3 years ago and hope your stuff dont blow sky high.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
UPDATE - I went back and cleaned the pcm terminal to make sure the chip was working. At first the car started, idled great for about two minutes, and died. Then it didn't recognize the key. Once I cleaned every bit of silicone, dirt, and oil from the terminal again, the new chip still won't recognize the key. I have an old DiabloSport chip that the pcm will recognize when installed, but not the new one. And even with no chip at all the pcm recognizes the key. Sounds like the new chip has something wrong with it?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
call procharger and tell them what is going on, they may just overnight you a new chip... I still say haul the car to a tuner and get it done right.

Users who are viewing this thread