New PR on Nitrous Express plate kit: 10.4@132 1.53 60'

BMR Tech

Nice passes Justin!

It is nice to see your car progress, especially being a manual transmission. Props for rowing them gears like a champ!

I agree with CBR, you are a racing fool! Can't wait to race with ya at DH16.

Keep up the great work.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice passes Justin!

It is nice to see your car progress, especially being a manual transmission. Props for rowing them gears like a champ!

I agree with CBR, you are a racing fool! Can't wait to race with ya at DH16.

Keep up the great work.

It went consistent 1.5 60fts all day on the spray. Relocation brackets ftw.

I'm not sure if you can see the tops of the timeslips but I always notate what settings I had on a given pass and the car went 1.5s fairly consistently with 6C and 10R. Does that sound like it's doing what it should? I was hoping for some 1.4s but I was happy with consistent 1.5s and a new PR. Any suggestions for that ever-elusive 1.4? I've hit it one time on accident. lol

Best pass of the day was 5k 2 step, 6C 10R, 17psi hot

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'd say you are doing damn well with Sportline Springs, and a manual Trans...

Ya but you know me..it's never enough. lol

Is the car raising in the back on launch, or squatting?

My wife was there with me and took a handful of videos. It looks like it wasn't really doing much of anything. The car just kinda..went. It might have raised up/separated just a little bit but nothing too extreme. I more or less kept the rebound on 10 and played with the compression to help drive the tires into the ground.

BMR Tech

That is a very good thing (not being able to distinguish rise/squat upon launch)

Remember, the higher the compression and rebound - the more you are relying on the sidewall of the tire. If the track is biting hard, and at it's best, your car will go quicker with stiffer settings, if it hooks.

I would like to see you keep everything as is, 6C / 10R....and raise the LCA up a position. It's not "all" about shock adjustment. Sometimes a manual car with good TQ in the low/mid RPM range....can work well with less AS%.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It was spin/hooking all the way to the 1.5 60fts. I'll grab the videos from Melissa's phone and upload them so you can see. BMP has been excellent ever since the repave so I feel like the track prep was pretty good. Even my last pass at 4pm was a low 1.5 60ft. That's after 6 hours of racing.

What's the car going to do with the LCAs back up a notch? Squat more?

BMR Tech

It would squat a little more, which will help alleviate some of the pressure on the tires and track to do it's job.

You are currently running shock settings that work VERY well on a car that squats slightly. On a car that sits idle, or raises slightly....I like to see a little less rebound, and a little more compression. Compression will only help drive the tires to the pavement if you are experiencing squat, just so you know. Of course, it can also be used (carefully) to help with the excessive squat on the passenger side from body roll upon launch.

Seeing what you are saying about the car's actions when launching....and the "spin hook" comment....I retract my recommendation on raising the LCA up. It would be cool to see the difference, though.

BMR Tech

BOTTOM HOLE of Relos, and 7400 RPM launch. You wont...

Really, the car looks exactly like I want on a combo like yours. Very settled, and not all kinds of drama.

I would love to go to the track with you someday and just play with settings all day long. I think we can cut down on that wheel speed a little, without bog, and decrease ET/Sixty.

Are you considering going to a different front spring / strut combo? I sure would like to see some BMR fronts and Strange adjustables on there...... Wheels up!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
BOTTOM HOLE of Relos, and 7400 RPM launch. You wont...

Really, the car looks exactly like I want on a combo like yours. Very settled, and not all kinds of drama.

I would love to go to the track with you someday and just play with settings all day long. I think we can cut down on that wheel speed a little, without bog, and decrease ET/Sixty.

Are you considering going to a different front spring / strut combo? I sure would like to see some BMR fronts and Strange adjustables on there...... Wheels up!

Funny thing is it pulls the wheel(s) on n/a passes and not on nitrous passes... go figure. I don't really spend a lot of time dialing in the car on the motor. I just pull up and make a couple shakedown passes before spraying it.

I'm open to ideas. Front suspension is next up on the mod list. I ordered a proper 2 step for it today and I'll have it for test and tune this coming Saturday. Come on out :)

I would love to launch at like 5400 or higher and have it stick with the wheels up for a nice photo op even though it would likely not be a great pass. I just want one good wheelie pic! I've never had a car pull a wheelie before.

I'm considering relocating the battery to the trunk for less weight up front--thoughts?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have lots of space in the wheel well to put the battery. Space is no concern there really. I actually still have my lighter battery from the corvette I could use but I'll just stick with the stock one for now.

Strange adjustables up front with BMR front springs? Viking isn't making front struts yet, are they? I do love my viking rear shocks. Easy to adjust and they seem to be doing the job. I have some weird hangup with different springs front and rear though.. I would likely swap all 4 if I did in fact go to a different spring up front...decisions decisions..

BMR Tech

I have got some VERY fast cars running a split spring combo...

That said, I would like to see it with BMR on all 4 corners.

The stiffer springs tend to work okay when launching cbr style (smooth slip style).....but when you start getting aggressive with the launch, you really want everything to work together.

I am telling you right now, the BMR front springs are phenomenal, especially for what you want. I wanna see them, paired with the Stranges - PRONTO! lol

Users who are viewing this thread