New PR on Nitrous Express plate kit: 10.4@132 1.53 60'

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have got some VERY fast cars running a split spring combo...

That said, I would like to see it with BMR on all 4 corners.

The stiffer springs tend to work okay when launching cbr style (smooth slip style).....but when you start getting aggressive with the launch, you really want everything to work together.

I am telling you right now, the BMR front springs are phenomenal, especially for what you want. I wanna see them, paired with the Stranges - PRONTO! lol

I'm afraid it would look stupid with that combo. I would have to swap all 4 out I think. The sportlines are so low in the back that it would look really bad with reverse rake. Right now it sits pretty level with street tires and 'face down, ass up' with drag pack.

Text me your best price on a set of BMR springs and strange adjustables.. you know the number.. I'll run it by my accountant and see what she says..

nosscort

Established Member
worried about a backfire sitting there spraying while still at the line not moving?

nosscort

Established Member
wouldn't you be wot on the 2 step, and therefore spraying (if using a wot switch or window switch)? just curious cause I want to add a msd 2 step but curious how to set it up with a window switch that is also a wot switch. I launch now without spray Mt82 @5000-6000 rpm and Obviously when I am (eventually) on the bottle I want to start spraying around 3500-4000 to 7200-7500rpm. Any info would be helpful.

N20D5OH

Established Member
wouldn't you be wot on the 2 step, and therefore spraying (if using a wot switch or window switch)? just curious cause I want to add a msd 2 step but curious how to set it up with a window switch that is also a wot switch. I launch now without spray Mt82 @5000-6000 rpm and Obviously when I am (eventually) on the bottle I want to start spraying around 3500-4000 to 7200-7500rpm. Any info would be helpful.

Just depends. You could hold the pedal at say 6000 but the built in 2 step would still hold the motor at 5000. Then when the light turns, stab and go.

That's how I'd do it.... If I had nitrous.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
worried about a backfire sitting there spraying while still at the line not moving?

Nitrous only activates at WOT. When I'm at the line on the 2 step, I'm only at about 50% throttle.

He's not spraying while sitting on the 2 step.

Correct

The factory-enabled 2 step is just a neutral rev limiter, that's all. It cuts fuel to keep the rpm's at the preset limit. I actually just ordered the MSD box today since it's a true 2 step that cuts ignition instead of fuel. The factory one works ok, but it's not ideal. The biggest benefit though is the ability to adjust the 2 step with a rotary dial versus having to flash a new tune to set the rev limiter.

What window switch and what WOT switch are you using? To my knowledge, there's no such thing as a wot/window switch all in one unless you're talking about a controller.

Just depends. You could hold the pedal at say 6000 but the built in 2 step would still hold the motor at 5000. Then when the light turns, stab and go.

That's how I'd do it.... If I had nitrous.

More or less. I don't hold the pedal at any specific rpm though. I have the 2 step set at XXXX rpms and I push the pedal down about 50% of the way and hold. When the lights come down and it's time to go, I floor it while dropping the clutch and it's time to boogie :banana:

N20D5OH

Established Member
More or less. I don't hold the pedal at any specific rpm though. I have the 2 step set at XXXX rpms and I push the pedal down about 50% of the way and hold. When the lights come down and it's time to go, I floor it while dropping the clutch and it's time to boogie :banana:

Basically what I meant. Mine is set at 3500, I just hold the pedal down until the 2 step kicks in.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Wow your car is fast. Wish I had the ford guy give me suspension lessons lol

Lol here you go buddy, just for you, a nice shot of the front of my car since you won't see any part of it come Saturday ;)

1380186_10201568369724954_1828009466_n.jpg

nosscort

Established Member
I am using the nos wot/window switch.. its does both in the same unit. and a nx plate kit on e85 47# and a BAP. wanting to add a msd box to cut spark instead of the sct fuel cut 2 step.

stangn

Established Member
Why does it say MC under your car number? You get slips from a motorcycle by mistake.
Just wondering we had a couple cars there and none had MC on them.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I am using the nos wot/window switch.. its does both in the same unit. and a nx plate kit on e85 47# and a BAP. wanting to add a msd box to cut spark instead of the sct fuel cut 2 step.

Ah ya, the NOS box. IIRC, that box has 2 separate inputs, one from the throttle position sensor(or WOT switch) and a tach signal. I'm sure you can wire it up for the MSD box to interrupt the wot activation but you would have to play with wiring it up. The window switch shouldn't have any effect on it.

Why does it say MC under your car number? You get slips from a motorcycle by mistake.
Just wondering we had a couple cars there and none had MC on them.

Good question. I'm not really sure why it says MC. They are all my slips though, I assure you.
The MC is the class according to the slip. I would assume it's motorcycle but I'm not sure.

Awesome runs man! what size e85 jet on the 150 hit?

Thanks. Its a 32 on the fuel side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread