New Polaris Mini Pickups

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My local has one...40 ****in k lol

My 2021 ranger 1000 was 17k and i bitched about that....msrp 14k then add plow, winch, winshield, doors etc...i use it constantly for farm work...if i gotta do heavy moving or towin...i got a tractor lol

That giant thing above is ****in stupid

this, if anything I want a bigger tractor. The Kubota M4900 is a little light in the ass sometimes, dont wanna go toooo big though to where it's a bull in a china shop

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
this, if anything I want a bigger tractor. The Kubota M4900 is a little light in the ass sometimes, dont wanna go toooo big though to where it's a bull in a china shop
Right!...my L3830 is fine...but i wish she was a 54hp when i got the disc or plow hooked up

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
My local has one...40 ****in k lol

My 2021 ranger 1000 was 17k and i bitched about that....msrp 14k then add plow, winch, winshield, doors etc...i use it constantly for farm work...if i gotta do heavy moving or towin...i got a tractor lol

That giant thing above is ****in stupid
Pretty much exactly the same for me. I got tractors for tractor work. And a truck to do truck work. Also used as my ground hog hunting "blind".

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
These will be popular where distance is long, and/or access is difficult. That ground clearance and Polaris true 4x4 go through stuff you would not take a pickup. A 4500# winch installed, and a snatch block means self-recovery is pretty easy compared to a pickup. The price point will ensure rarity.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've felt like SXS's are basically like buying a new car and this pretty much confirms that. Even 15-20 grand on a Ranger seems nuts to me. Maybe I'm out of touch since I don't live on or operate a multi-million dollar ranch in rural Montana.

How timely this hits the news though as I was just working on my fathers 2003 Ranger 500 Series 11 that he bought new, currently has 192 hours on it. It had a no start condition, I thought the carb clogged up, turns out the feed line in the gas tank rotted and fell off. Pulled the tank, cleaned all the mud out of the area, fished the old line out. New fuel line later and it's good to go. I'm currently servicing every fluid on it so it'll be good to go for the next 20 years, I think this thing has had one oil change (that I can remember) which was probably 5-6 years ago. Trans/diffs have never been touched, nor has the coolant or brakes.

20230730_105756-X4.jpg

20230731_014221-X4.jpg

20230731_151317-X4.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've felt like SXS's are basically like buying a new car and this pretty much confirms that. Even 15-20 grand on a Ranger seems nuts to me. Maybe I'm out of touch since I don't live on or operate a multi-million dollar ranch in rural Montana.

How timely this hits the news though as I was just working on my fathers 2003 Ranger 500 Series 11 that he bought new, currently has 192 hours on it. It had a no start condition, I thought the carb clogged up, turns out the feed line in the gas tank rotted and fell off. Pulled the tank, cleaned all the mud out of the area, fished the old line out. New fuel line later and it's good to go. I'm currently servicing every fluid on it so it'll be good to go for the next 20 years, I think this thing has had one oil change (that I can remember) which was probably 5-6 years ago. Trans/diffs have never been touched, nor has the coolant or brakes.

20230730_105756-X4.jpg

20230731_014221-X4.jpg

20230731_151317-X4.jpg

most of em aren't on million dollar ranches, they're just in some fools garage making a full on car payment. You go in offroading groups and always seeing people trying to get out from under them "just take over the payments".

This post has me second guessing now though, I think the old Mule we have is liquid cooled and I doubt that shit has been changed in a looooong time. Time to do some servicing. Front diff got new oil when it let go on some rocks, rear got changed when an axle snapped...kind of impressive to even happen, thing is a gutless wonder

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
most of em aren't on million dollar ranches, they're just in some fools garage making a full on car payment. You go in offroading groups and always seeing people trying to get out from under them "just take over the payments".

This post has me second guessing now though, I think the old Mule we have is liquid cooled and I doubt that shit has been changed in a looooong time. Time to do some servicing. Front diff got new oil when it let go on some rocks, rear got changed when an axle snapped...kind of impressive to even happen, thing is a gutless wonder

When I sold them, construction outfits bought them specifically because they were speed governed.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

You're right, lots of people financing "toys" these days.

Yeah that should be liquid cooled

When I sold them, construction outfits bought them specifically because they were speed governed.

Polaris used to sell a "professional series" line back when we got our ranger (think its just called the Pro now) , speed limited by gearing to 25mph due to OSHA rules about speed limits on a job site or something like that. They even came in safety yellow. I know red rangers existed as well, I think that was for the 2x4 425cc "TM" model.

6008B.JPG

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know someone who just bought a 1000 XP Northstar which was in the upper 20K range. It's nice and all having a/c and heat but I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get a used jeep at that point.

I've been saying that for years. I'd rather have an old TJ

or buy a Roxor , even though I hate how jeep sued them and they had to make them ugly .......

They eventually beat Fiat in that suit. I'll love it if they go back to the original styling now.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Base price 31k for 1500 premium...after a windshields; winch, guard, doors, and back window i was high 30s lol

Rediculous

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I often wonder what the profit margin is on something like that. Honda sells both a civic and a sxs for pretty much the same price. I would have to think the sxs would cost a fraction to produce vs a civic.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I often wonder what the profit margin is on something like that. Honda sells both a civic and a sxs for pretty much the same price. I would have to think the sxs would cost a fraction to produce vs a civic.
youd think there would have to be a ton of money saved in the development stages as well not having to adhere to the same crash/safety standards. I'd have to imagine it's also spread out over far fewer units so maybe that takes away a big of chunk of it

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
The good margins are on accessories...the vehicle itself has a pretty lame margin...like a new car or truck

Id be suprised if margins on accesories are less than 40 points

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Economies of scale. How many of each do you think they sell?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I use and abuse the crap out of my '19 Defender HD8, most reliable machine I own. 1500lb bed capacity would be awesome because then I likely wouldn't need the dolly for moving the camper around, but damn I hated paying $14k when I got this.
rgfKLVAjSLyTpR-EhNlHMA.jpg

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Economies of scale. How many of each do you think they sell?
Man i live in an area where they have trails for miles on end...100s. In the summer they ride SxSs, winter we ride sleds on em...every weekend i see dozens of trailers with 2, 3 or even 4 fully loaded, rangers, generals, yamahas, hondas, can ams etc

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Jeepers! That is a damn nice interior! You know guys are gonna put aggressive street radials on and push driving the streets just as far as they can.

AA1eYlvM.img

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Man i live in an area where they have trails for miles on end...100s. In the summer they ride SxSs, winter we ride sleds on em...every weekend i see dozens of trailers with 2, 3 or even 4 fully loaded, rangers, generals, yamahas, hondas, can ams etc

H-M Trail in Southern WV is almost always packed.

Jeepers! That is a damn nice interior! You know guys are gonna put aggressive street radials on and push driving the streets just as far as they can.

AA1eYlvM.img

That is nice. Already legal to drive in WV, and I'm seeing more and more of them with tags in the Carolinas.

Users who are viewing this thread