new PB.. 8 second street car

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
New personal best yesterday in the street car. I’ve put hundreds of street miles on it this season cruising the streets in Michigan. It’s not a daily just a toy I take out for fun. I did trailer it Incase something happened. First pass off the trailer soft hit, went..

22lbs of boost, 16 degrees timing. 2 step turned down to 3900rpm
1.41 60 ft
5.77 @ 124mph in the 1/8
8.95 @ 153 in the 1/4.

Full factory interior. Stock front and rear seats, trunk carpet panels and spare tire.
3,550lbs with me in it.

4.6L iron block standard bore size
diamond flat tops, molnar billet turbo rods, cobra crank, arp2000 hardware
Livernois ported 4v heads, compression came out 10.1:1 w/ flat tops and ported heads
Todd warren spec bullet cams
Cg fabrication single hot side twin precision 46mm wastegates
Bullseye batmowheel 80/87, t4 1.0AR
1.80 Powerglide w/ptc Torque converter
8.8 solid axle
holley EFI
fore innovations fuel system w/ twin 465's, holley 160's on E85

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, you've got that Cobra set up nicely. Congrats on the sub-9 second PB. Your Cobra is a freaking beast!
upload_2018-9-10_8-58-4.png

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Congratulations and thank you for the list. You sir are a true car enthusiast. I hate nothing more than guys who try to hide their so called "secrets or tricks" on how they have their car set up.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
amazing! i wouldn't want to pull up next to you at a light lol

as far as the holley efi, does that piggyback onto the stock ecm so that is that fully compatible with the full interior such as power windows, etc? there was a question on here recently about how some aftermarket efi systems do not fully interface with stock accessories such as that

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
Impressive!! Curious, what kinda power did it make behind the auto/converter combo you are running?

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
amazing! i wouldn't want to pull up next to you at a light lol

as far as the holley efi, does that piggyback onto the stock ecm so that is that fully compatible with the full interior such as power windows, etc? there was a question on here recently about how some aftermarket efi systems do not fully interface with stock accessories such as that

remove stock ecu and engine harness. install holley ecu and run holley engine harness. you don't have to touch any other harnesses or wires. the holley has a ground, 12v and 12v key on. like I said, I have all original wiring in the car for windows and everything.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Congratulations and thank you for the list. You sir are a true car enthusiast. I hate nothing more than guys who try to hide their so called "secrets or tricks" on how they have their car set up.
thank you! yes I like to share results and gossip with fellow enthusiasts on one another's accomplishments! good stuff

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Congrats and good passing numbers. Please share with us the power numbers if you got a chance to run it in the dyno one day.

Sent from my Samsung S7

KEVINS

Established Member
Well Done, Well Done! All street cars should be as clean as yours.
I'm hoping mine runs as easy as yours did.

KS

Users who are viewing this thread