New PB 2014 GT w/ VMP TVS

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
At this time it doesn't have a rollbar but I'll likely add one sometime this year.

How did track officals handle that? Im hoping for bottom 11s in my new set up maybe a high 10 but im assuming they will kick me out after i go below 11.5

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Made 3 passes tonight after a tune revison, all 3 were new PB's..

454d26fa-4b2b-47f7-af43-a8935c561f24_zpsfexjknha.jpg

[video=youtube;JUXcAylU7mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUXcAylU7mo[/video]

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Congrats on the passes. Makes me want one of the new 5.0's more and more.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats on the PB!

Did you get any data logs? Looks like you could use more timing down low, it's coming out soft for a TVS. Are you running a 82mm pulley?

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Saw you there last night, car sounded amazing!

Blankenship do the tuning on it?

Thanks sir, yeah Blankenship is the tuner. I saw your car but didn't get to watch your passes, how did ya do?

Congrats on the PB!

Did you get any data logs? Looks like you could use more timing down low, it's coming out soft for a TVS. Are you running a 82mm pulley?

No logs, I had it logged a few weeks ago for this revision. It is a little lazy off the line and I'm running a 85mm on 93 octane.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Your running strong for a 85mm, that's awsome!
FYI I changed from a 85 to an 82 without effecting the tune... The 60' picked up & also knocked off .2 off the ET.
I was running a 82mm w/ 17.5 max timing on 93, your car is lighter then mine.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Your running strong for a 85mm, that's awsome!
FYI I changed from a 85 to an 82 without effecting the tune... The 60' picked up & also knocked off .2 off the ET.
I was running a 82mm w/ 17.5 max timing on 93, your car is lighter then mine.

I have been really considering dropping to the 82 and will likely pull the trigger soon. We are having a true street type race today and I'm going to run some good fuel and see if it helps it out any. I weighed my car at Beech Bend and it was a little over 3800 with me in it, a little heavier than I was expecting for a base car.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
If your running race gas, have your tuner bump the timing to 20*... Every deg of timing is like 10hp

flyboy1294

Established Member
Thanks sir, yeah Blankenship is the tuner. I saw your car but didn't get to watch your passes, how did ya do?

Best of the night was [email protected]. It was leaving like a slug off the line. I'm going to get the converter restalled to a 5C and throw in some more rear suspension parts and try it again in a week or two.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
that's a great run! how much boost and what injectors?

85mm pulley, 8psi below 7000 and it went a little over 9psi above 7000 on the dyno.

Congrats again!
That's one of the quickest 85mm pulley non E85 passes I've seen!

I did have race gas in it yesterday. Considering the DA, weight, and stock converter I'm still beyond pleased with it.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Nice work! Before you go any faster you're gonna have to add on to the runoff on that track! Or be the only 130mph car that needs a chute! :)

Congrats.

bj

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Nice work! Before you go any faster you're gonna have to add on to the runoff on that track! Or be the only 130mph car that needs a chute! :)

Congrats.

bj

Thanks, yeah the shut down is a little short but the track prep makes up for it. I have to get on the brakes pretty hard but there's no issues with stopping yet, a car ran mid 140's on skinnies and got stopped but I don't think I want to try it lol.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Very impressive! What tire/wheel setup are you running? The fronts don't look very "skinny". :)

Users who are viewing this thread