New numbers (302+Cams+KB)

VinSVT

Established Member
Well its finally all finshed... its been quite an adventure, but in the end I'm glad I went the route I did. I would recommend anyone to head over to HPP for any work.

Heres a small mod list (the main power adders).. can post a full one if anyone wants it.

302 Stroker
2.2 KB
HPP Custom Cams
Kooks LT's
Kooks O/R X-Pipe
Mangaflow Catback

Will post the sheet later, but the car made 644 rwhp and 610 rwtq and #17's. We tried for 20#'s, but since I only have a 4# lower right now the upper pulley was way to small it wouldn't stop slipping.

I'm very happy with the numbers right now, the tune is very safe and the boost level is very safe.

I plan on swaping out the 4# lower for an 8# lower and putting a 3.1 upper on it (sambandits setup) which should make 23-24#'s without any slipping. It should see 700 rwhp+ with ease at the rate its going. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated!

And just incase anyone else wondered how the exhaust setup sounds... I love it. I have a short clip I'll be posting soon along with some pictures and the dyno sheet.

- Vincent

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Wow man sounds like a sweet setup. Def. some great numbers at 17#s. Can't wait to see the results with more boost! I'm looking to do a similar combination hopefully here in a year or two. Sounds like HPP is a great place to go! :pepper: Keep us posted.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sounds like a setup i want to go with :thumbsup:

vipergts281 said:
How much does the 302 Stroker cost, ballpark figure? Thanks.

I too would like to know, i have all ready checked out VT Engines, just shopping around right now.

-Mike

*EDIT*
I know Kooks has a few different LT setups as far as header sizes, what size did you go with?

Last edited:

VinSVT

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
How much does the 302 Stroker cost, ballpark figure? Thanks.

Great numbers. Enjoy it and be careful. :beer:

You sent me a PM about this... I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Been very busy lately.

VinSVT

Established Member
Mike K said:
I know Kooks has a few different LT setups as far as header sizes, what size did you go with?

I wasn't aware Kooks had a few different setups. I wasn't there when they were being put on, so I'd have to speak with Manny to find out which set they are.

When I know, you'll know!

- Vinent

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
www.vtengines.com

from thier website:
Stroker and Big Bore Shortblocks:

302" Stroker Short Blocks:

Cobra Forged (Diamond Pistons) $3695*
Cobra Forged (CP Pistons) $4195*
Cobra Billet (CP Pistons) $4695*

304" Big Bore Shortblocks {3.543" stroke x 3.700" bore. Aluminum block only}:

Cobra Forged (Diamond) $3995*
Cobra Billet (Diamond) $4495*

324" Big Bore Stroker Shortblocks {3.750" stroke x 3.700" bore. Alum. block only}:

Cobra Forged (CP pistons) $4995*
Cobra Billet (CP Pistons) $5495*
* Denotes aluminum block exchange.

vipergts281

Established Member
Thanks. :beer:

Hmmm, so a 324" is just under $6,000? Whats the deal with the aluminum block exchange, don't we have cast-iron?

I'm in serious need of "Engine 101". I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:

1time

Established Member
I cant wait to see that beast run the fr500's look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Looks like the strokers are coming on strong. I just got mine on the dyno last saturday also.

VT Billit stroker (9.5:1 cp)
crower stage 3 cams
bassani mids, off road X and cat back
KB 2.4 with accufab TB
#60 inj, cpr rails and 8AN lines
SCT BA2800 maf

1st pull was with my breakin tune and second pull was after some A/F tweaks. Boost held steady at 15psi until last 1000rpm where it peaked at 16psi. This was with only 18 deg total timing on pump gas and we had to stop tuning since at the top of the 2nd pull we blew the plug off that was in the x-over tube and my evans coolant went everywhere. I didnt have any more so we were done.

dynorun.jpg

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Would you guys with he cams say it is worth it? I've read on here that some people say they are more trouble than they are worth.

Any thoughts?

VinSVT

Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
Looks like the strokers are coming on strong. I just got mine on the dyno last saturday also.

VT Billit stroker (9.5:1 cp)
crower stage 3 cams
bassani mids, off road X and cat back
KB 2.4 with accufab TB
#60 inj, cpr rails and 8AN lines
SCT BA2800 maf

1st pull was with my breakin tune and second pull was after some A/F tweaks. Boost held steady at 15psi until last 1000rpm where it peaked at 16psi. This was with only 18 deg total timing on pump gas and we had to stop tuning since at the top of the 2nd pull we blew the plug off that was in the x-over tube and my evans coolant went everywhere. I didnt have any more so we were done.

Nice! That 2.4 is gonna beable to make some big numbers one day.... :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread