New Nav Maps v9.0x Released (2010-2014 Mustangs)

Hokie D

Established Member
Ford / Lincoln / Mercury - North America Map Update - V9.0x - Includes Gracenote® Disc

Only $149...what a bargain! :rolleyes:

Anyone ever done these? I assume pretty simple process. Although I'd hate to buy the discs and it still doesn't have a major highway that completed construction last summer in my area.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've been waiting for an update to the 2009 systems for my Super Duty. It's maps are woefully out of date (original). When was that version released?

Hokie D

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I usually don't upgrade maps because we haven't had many changes here in CT that affect my wife and I. But certainly if you're in an area that has had numerous changes then it's worth the update cost. Sounds like this one is a welcomed update. :)

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know if I ordered the 15 or 16 disks (it was earlier this year they sent me an email saying it was new, I'll look at lunch)
There is a major change to I-235 that had been in place a few years when I got my 14.5 mustang (came with map v6.0x) and it was not on the nav, I expected it to be on the new disks I ordered a few months ago (3 DL-DVDs) took all day to load, you'd sit there until it copied 5% and you could shut the car off and leave the disk in, came out at lunch 4 hrs later and it was finishing up disk one and I repeated for disk 2, the gracenote went fast.

No luck...
th_235before_zpsdgvjbyj5.png

th_235after_zpsjj0eh2mh.png

The new disks did not show these new ramps...

Nav-traffic did just go live here in the Wichita area, love it! It's only on the major highways in town but it should expand soon.
It was always great when traveling to Colorado and around Denver when visiting my sister, except as I got to Limon on I-70W all sorts or construction and wrecks would show up on my route (all an hour or so away in Denver) and it'd ask if I wanted to detour. Once it was 9 warnings all at once I had to hit ignore 9x to continue lol.

I Love the Icon for wrecks... It's a yellow sign with a boxy sedan rotated counter clockwise until it is just about laying on the roof lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I usually don't upgrade maps because we haven't had many changes here in CT that affect my wife and I. But certainly if you're in an area that has had numerous changes then it's worth the update cost. Sounds like this one is a welcomed update. :)

It should be really helpful in my Super Duty because I tow with it all over the country.

Hokie D

Established Member
I can definitely say in May 2016 the map version offered by Ford was 8.0x. The reason I know this is I was thinking about purchasing them and then they disappeared saying "out of stock". Now this 9.0x is available.

So I ordered the discs. Crossing fingers they include the I-485 beltway that opened late last summer.

I really wish the Ford Sync integrated its NAV with Waze. I love that Waze is smart about which route it takes you. Sync NAV not so much. One trip I used Sync Nav and also I had my phone running Waze to give me alerts while streaming music via Bluetooth. It worked pretty good. Luckily the route was the same between both navs.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
No wonder I got them for about $100 on sale early this year,
Ford clarion v8.0x...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
It took me a day... literally a work day ~4hrs per disk to update to the 8.0x earlier this year.
Once someone gets 9.0 installed if they'd do me a favor and check two spots (in Wichita, Kansas and Castle Rock, Colorado) and see if they have the roads in the new map database I'd appreciate it.
I-235 and 13th street ramps I pictured above in Wichita freaks the hell out of the system since it thinks I'm just veering off-road and driving through a giant ditch (that is basically a man made river) at 60mph for about 2 miles.

Hokie D

Established Member
It took me a day... literally a work day ~4hrs per disk to update to the 8.0x earlier this year.
Once someone gets 9.0 installed if they'd do me a favor and check two spots (in Wichita, Kansas and Castle Rock, Colorado) and see if they have the roads in the new map database I'd appreciate it.
I-235 and 13th street ramps I pictured above

Yea I can check. My discs are still shipping. Sucks it takes so long to update...dammit, 2009 technology on a 2014 vehicle.

Speaking of technology. Anyone ever figure out how to make sync remember Bluetooth was the last input? Sucks everytime I start the car it goes to line input.

Hokie D

Established Member
Started the install. Dang you weren't joking. 15 minutes for software update. 2 hrs for disc one. Another two hours for disc 2? Thank goodness it'll install with car off.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just checked. Mine does indeed have map version 1.0. I wonder if there is a SYNC update too?

Funny you posted this because I was just on Lincoln's website trying to figure out if I need to update sync or not. I'm on version 3.2.2 and it says it's up to date, but that was from 2011... I'm not doing the maps because I don't use it enough and it's easier to use my phone.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've had my GT500 coming up on 6 years now and have never updated the maps. I'd like to, but then I think about he cost for the disk(s) and the fact that phone nav apps are free, and I can't justify the update. If there were actual Sync system updates included with the maps, I'd do it. My Sync hasn't been up dated since I've had the car. (Well, I attempted to update it myself once, but I don't think it was a success.)

Users who are viewing this thread