New mustang owner here! 2014 Inside.

StanceTheSix

Established Member
Hey guys I just recently picked up a 2014 mustang in white with the performance package... mainly for the gears. haha

anyways I'm looking at adjustable coilovers and wondering which will get me low enough? I'm not really thinking about being able to track it so I don't care too much on how they handle just as long as it gets low and stiff.

Ya I may get a lot of hate for this but I must say the new mustang lowers very nicely.

so with that said I have seen the BC Racing coilovers. How are these?

Oh and HELLO!

M33P

Established Member
I see from your name that you are planning to "Stance" your "Six". Please sell your nice new mustang and ruin a car much more deserving, mk4 jetta perhaps?

kingnut

Established Member
BC are great. i run them. you can put the front so low that the car wont be drivable. you can slam the rear down pretty far also.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I see from your name that you are planning to "Stance" your "Six". Please sell your nice new mustang and ruin a car much more deserving, mk4 jetta perhaps?
Someone said it before I did. But at least it's not a 5.0...

Honestly, I think it's stupid that you want it stiff. Slamming the car is another story. But why on Earth would you want to drive around like a bobble head doll in a Mustang? You will probably even get laughed at by the Stance scene for not getting an import...

rfugio68

Established Member
My buddy had 20" forgestar cf10s on his saleen lowered on saleen racecraft coilovers (heard they're similar to bc coils). It was pretty low and had to be driven with care i think he's a member on here if you want to check it out (99 GT)? Good luck!

StanceTheSix

Established Member
why not air?

because i don't like the feel of air.

BC are great. i run them. you can put the front so low that the car wont be drivable. you can slam the rear down pretty far also.

Thank you kingnut for some actual insight!

apparently most mustang guys just don't get that there are people out there with different styles... I mean what most of you guys are 40+ and you act like children.. Didn't your mother ever teach you "If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all?" To be honest I really don't care and i think it's actually quite funny how mad you guys get when someone wants to do something else with a mustang...:lol1:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
because i don't like the feel of air.

Thank you kingnut for some actual insight!

apparently most mustang guys just don't get that there are people out there with different styles... I mean what most of you guys are 40+ and you act like children.. Didn't your mother ever teach you "If you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all?" To be honest I really don't care and i think it's actually quite funny how mad you guys get when someone wants to do something else with a mustang...:lol1:
I have no problem with slamming a mustang, or even doing a flush setup with the car, like Turka has.

BTW, I'm 24, going on 25. Far from 40...

The stance scene is absolutely stupid. There is enough negative camber going around that the tires are almost upside down.

Even the V6 Mustang is a well respectable machine with lots of potential for what it is. All we are saying is why make it ride like a steel washboard going down the side of a rock covered mountain?

StanceTheSix

Established Member
Because that its how you get the flush look without destroying your fenders. I dont plan on being like those guys with all the camber... trust me when i say some cars just look retarded with how much camber they are running.

i want it to be flush and preferably tucking a little tire, that is it. If i were to do a setup like this with soft suspension... well say goodbye to fenders...

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Because that its how you get the flush look without destroying your fenders. I dont plan on being like those guys with all the camber... trust me when i say some cars just look retarded with how much camber they are running.

i want it to be flush and preferably tucking a little tire, that is it. If i were to do a setup like this with soft suspension... well say goodbye to fenders...

how low are you looking to go? I am dropped 1.7" in the front and 2.4" in the rear with 285-35-19s on 19X9.5 on all four corners and stiff springs but soft dampeners and my fenders are just fine! lol.

I may not be on coilovers but i am still hella low.

IMG_20130815_181507_zps0921c12e.jpg

MODCOBRA

Established Member
how low are you looking to go? I am dropped 1.7" in the front and 2.4" in the rear with 285-35-19s on 19X9.5 on all four corners and stiff springs but soft dampeners and my fenders are just fine! lol.

I may not be on coilovers but i am still hella low.

IMG_20130815_181507_zps0921c12e.jpg

Not to hi-jack...but...tell me about the "rookie" strips on the right front fender? Painted? Vinyl?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Just FYI if you go any lower than nosympathy and I's drop. You're going to drag on anything except a perfectly level/smooth road.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Not to hi-jack...but...tell me about the "rookie" strips on the right front fender? Painted? Vinyl?

vinyl lol. I've had them on the car nearly 2 years now...when i first did it and for a while afterwords I never saw mustangs sporting them. Now it seems like everyone has them :(

Just FYI if you go any lower than nosympathy and I's drop. You're going to drag on anything except a perfectly level/smooth road.

this is the truth. A very wise man here. I also originally dropped on the stock 18s which I think are a little over 28" tall? Now I am a tad under 27" tall tire, so the drop feels and is EVEN lower. I am actually looking to swap tires to 295/35/19 or 275/40/19 as either or will get be almost an inch taller which will help a lot but still show the car looking hella dropped.

Originally I almost went with 275/40/19 because they filled the fender wells so much better. So I hope your not looking at the fenders thinking of dropping more. I could make it look "lower" just by doing a taller tire.

Last edited:

StanceTheSix

Established Member
vinyl lol. I've had them on the car nearly 2 years now...when i first did it and for a while afterwords I never saw mustangs sporting them. Now it seems like everyone has them :(

this is the truth. A very wise man here. I also originally dropped on the stock 18s which I think are a little over 28" tall? Now I am a tad under 27" tall tire, so the drop feels and is EVEN lower. I am actually looking to swap tires to 295/35/19 or 275/40/19 as either or will get be almost an inch taller which will help a lot but still show the car looking hella dropped.

Originally I almost went with 275/40/19 because they filled the fender wells so much better. So I hope your not looking at the fenders thinking of dropping more. I could make it look "lower" just by doing a taller tire.

could one of you get a pick of the underside of your car at the lowest point with something there for reference in height?

my plan is to do some 20x10.5et40 in the rear and 20x9.5 et35 in the front

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
could one of you get a pick of the underside of your car at the lowest point with something there for reference in height?

my plan is to do some 20x10.5et40 in the rear and 20x9.5 et35 in the front
That is going to be an extremely tight fit. You would have to stretch your tires, which isn't exactly something to do on even a V6 with 305 HP. Probably running a 295/30/20, if that size even exists.

You can say goodbye to getting up any kind of incline over a 1/4" per foot rise...seriously.

I'm sure it will look great, but when you start approaching what you are talking about drop wise, practicality is nothing but a myth.

StanceTheSix

Established Member
That is going to be an extremely tight fit. You would have to stretch your tires, which isn't exactly something to do on even a V6 with 305 HP. Probably running a 295/30/20, if that size even exists.

You can say goodbye to getting up any kind of incline over a 1/4" per foot rise...seriously.

I'm sure it will look great, but when you start approaching what you are talking about drop wise, practicality is nothing but a myth.

I love hearing this! XD

a 295 would be little to no stretch on a 10.5" rim. i will more than likely find 19's the more i think about it and i will go with a 285/35/19 or 275/35/19 in the rear and a 245/35/19 in the front.

I personally think this setup would be near perfect for shows. I more than likely wont be running this daily haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread