New Mustang lego set

sidewinderl

Established Member
Remember POGs? My father went on a business trip in the early 90's, came back and gave me a few sets of POGs that he got overseas. One, which I remember clear as day, was a set of holographic Jurassic Park POGs. Those disappeared a few years later, probably my mother doing charity donations. Yeah, that set is worth $1,000,000 now. Pogs, The Weird Discs From The '90s, Have A Super Legitimate Collector's Market Now

Nah, that's BS clickbait using eBay BIN prices that don't mean a damn thing. Look a little deeper and you'll see the seller of that million dollar set has sold 3 sets already for no more than $40 apiece.

CV355

_
Established Member
Nah, that's BS clickbait using eBay BIN prices that don't mean a damn thing. Look a little deeper and you'll see the seller of that million dollar set has sold 3 sets already for no more than $40 apiece.

That honestly makes me feel better haha!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Good thing, cuz I was getting dressed and ready to head over to Salvation Army and Goodwill and do some searching.

CV355

_
Established Member
Good thing, cuz I was getting dressed and ready to head over to Salvation Army and Goodwill and do some searching.

They're still worth more than they were new, to the right person. Look at Pokemon cards. Remember that craze? Some of them are actually worth a decent chunk. My wife has a few beanie babies that are supposedly rare and valuable. Again, value is only based on what someone is willing to pay.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here is my Technic Collection so far. The orange porsche, mclaren, and bugatti are 1:8 scale, and the 919 and RSR are 1:10 scale. Pictures dont do justice, just how big these are. the bugatti weights about 13 lbs.View attachment 1556507
Those are awesome! As is the Mustang version. Some of their cars are even more expensive, including the "hard to find" ones.
$299.99 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS
$349.99 -
Bugatti Chiron
$289.99 - 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck

Here is their 'Cars' list.
Cars | LEGO Shop

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Those are awesome! As is the Mustang version. Some of their cars are even more expensive, including the "hard to find" ones.
$349.99 -
Bugatti Chiron

Cars | LEGO Shop

I like the Ford GT set, but they are sold out, and eBay wants 3x the price.

Saleen498

Established Member
Bit the bullet. Thinking of buying 4 or 5 more to sell on ebay since they seem to be going for about 130% the price there in order to get this one free.
20190309_180232.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
As far as toys go, legos hold their value extremely well. The price has also not changed dramatically over 40 years I’ve had mine. Still roughly $0.10 per piece on average. I have most of the big technic sets from 1970 to current. And all my kids are into them.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Mom got foreclosed on at the 1st house I remember living in. Packed up and had to move into a smaller apartment. All my child hood toys (including legos, tonka trucks, GI Joe, Transformers, Original NES with PowerPad etc) all went into a self storage locker along with other items (furniture) that didnt fit in the new apt.

Mom fell behind on payments before I was old enough to work. Got the mail one day and found a letter form the storage company saying they had seized the unit and all contents in it for nonpayment.

I was about 13 years old at the time and didnt play with toys anymore. Even still, I was super sad they were just.... gone.

Lego set looks killer!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Bit the bullet. Thinking of buying 4 or 5 more to sell on ebay since they seem to be going for about 130% the price there in order to get this one free. View attachment 1557041

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

But dealer markup is bad and capitalism is the devil.

Legos are the devil. We have a 6 year old who loves them, and a 3 year old who loves to destroy them.

There must be 10 building sets and 20+ vehicles in pieces scattered in my home.

Also, stepping on legos on carpet is okay. Doing the same on tile or linoleum.... f%*# that.

madscotsman

Established Member
I remember saving up to by a set (5571) back in 1996 that was then one of the largest kits they made. Think it was either $150 or $200 back then. It was destroyed after several moves and the pieces eneded up mixed into my son's bins of tons of legos. Was looking on eBay at old toys out of curiosity to see going rates for things I had as a kid. The set I had was selling in some instances for over $1200 (NEW in box). Made me want to try to put it together just to have it again. Found the instructions online and It took me about a month to put it together as I had to look through all his legos to find some very specific pieces. Missing the hood ornament and a ladder, but otherwise It's all there. This is a pic of the set (not mine). It's on the shelf in my office next to the mustang now. Pretty much the same scale I believe. Truck may be a little smaller scale. Found a few places online you can buy replacement parts from other Lego collectors, almost like eBay BrickLink - Buy and sell LEGO Parts, Sets and Minifigures

Attachments

• 8469685868_86a75c22d1_b.jpg
    8469685868_86a75c22d1_b.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember saving up to by a set (5571) back in 1996 that was then one of the largest kits they made. Think it was either $150 or $200 back then. It was destroyed after several moves and the pieces eneded up mixed into my son's bins of tons of legos. Was looking on eBay at old toys out of curiosity to see going rates for things I had as a kid. The set I had was selling in some instances for over $1200 (NEW in box). Made me want to try to put it together just to have it again. Found the instructions online and It took me about a month to put it together as I had to look through all his legos to find some very specific pieces. Missing the hood ornament and a ladder, but otherwise It's all there. This is a pic of the set (not mine). It's on the shelf in my office next to the mustang now. Pretty much the same scale I believe. Truck may be a little smaller scale. Found a few places online you can buy replacement parts from other Lego collectors, almost like eBay BrickLink - Buy and sell LEGO Parts, Sets and Minifigures

I have that at my mother's somewhere. Pretty sure it's white with red/blue. It's still fully assembled.

Edit: Found it online, Lego #5580. Released in 1986

Last edited:

patc84

Established Member
$349.99 -
Bugatti Chiron

Cars | LEGO Shop

Yeh, the GT3RS and Bugatti were def pricey from lego directly, some of the other knockoffs yes they are cheaper in price, but i can tell the difference in the quality between the lego and knockoff. The mclaren and the 919 were lepin, since lego doesnt make them, and i figured why not. It was more of a process to build, and the tolerances are def not as good as lego.

Users who are viewing this thread