NEW MUSTANG GT CAN GO 0-TO-60 MPH IN LESS THAN FOUR SECONDS

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
But, but, but but Ford needs to answer the Demon as it's the be all end all of all car performance and tech. Not as with the new 35 MPG CAFE standards that is just a total waste of resources and money.

I really do think the Demon is going to be a money loser. As again I don't see people lining up to buy Challengers, unlike they do for the Camaro and Mustang. Again i see 4 to 5 of the Camaro and Mustang for every Challenger out there.

But this is exactly what Ford needs is a car that can give even more expensive and niche European models a run for their money and at only a fraction of the price. If they do make a GT 500 then it definitley needs that 10 speed auto as if not then lots of luck as the ZL-1 and Hellcat puts rings around it as they outsell it about 5 to 1.

Woah there big guy. Since the Hellcats debut in 2014, they have sold 30+K and counting. People on this forum and in the magazines questioned Dodge back in 2014, well, we know how that turned out. When they talk margins with the Hellcat, they just sit back and smile. You say people aren't lining up to buy Challengers, they sold more Challengers in June than Camaros or Mustangs. They will sell every last Demon they make. Don't let your pride in Ford cause you to say things that are not true.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Oh, BTW, I like it when a company under-promises and over-delivers. Great job Ford. I told you Ford (possibly GM) would also introduce drag mode. My guess is, that this car will run 12.30s at 116MPH. I don't like the front end on this car, doesn't look right.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Woah there big guy. Since the Hellcats debut in 2014, they have sold 30+K and counting. People on this forum and in the magazines questioned Dodge back in 2014, well, we know how that turned out. When they talk margins with the Hellcat, they just sit back and smile. You say people aren't lining up to buy Challengers, they sold more Challengers in June than Camaros or Mustangs. They will sell every last Demon they make. Don't let your pride in Ford cause you to say things that are not true.

Dodge is doing well with the challenger. Their sales just keep going up and up and up. Mustang and camaro are both dropping. Camaro shouldn't be, but its like they never had a new gen release.

Mustang was down 34% in june, challenger up 24% year over year.

attachment.php

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it will hold up well, the truck guys seem to be happy aside from a few hiccups early on. I have always been a manual guy, but this 10 spd auto is tempting.
Yes, I do agree.

Famine

Established Member

That must be why dealers are full of hellcats. They have couple year old cars just sitting there.

CV355

_
Established Member
If they keep this up and make the 'XX GT500 a Demon-killer, I might be inclined to trade up. Of course, I'm not a fan of the automatic. Half the thrill of my current GT500 is the TR6060.

Still not a fan of the new face. It's like an Eclipse had sex with a Focus and everybody lost.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Hmmmmm, they're getting close to 500 hp from 5.0 liters.

So a 7.0 liter NA could touch 700 hp without blower.
A TVS 2.65 would be sized just right!

The whole 7.0 liter rumor was just that, among the countless other fake news since 2015.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
That must be why dealers are full of hellcats. They have couple year old cars just sitting there.

More like 1 year. 2018 will be the Hellcat's 4 model year, kind of long in the tooth, that's why they brought out the widebody, pump some new blood into an aging model. The Demon will help increase sales of the Hellcat. Same can be said of the Mustang. They debuted an all new platform for 2015MY, and now sales are falling. So Ford does what any company would do (including Dodge), refresh the car, introduce new tech. Makes sense.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Dodge is doing well with the challenger. Their sales just keep going up and up and up. Mustang and camaro are both dropping. Camaro shouldn't be, but its like they never had a new gen release.

Mustang was down 34% in june, challenger up 24% year over year.

attachment.php

To be fair, a refresh with better numbers is coming so sales are expected to fall. After the new cars roll out we'll see where the numbers are at.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
To be fair, a refresh with better numbers is coming so sales are expected to fall. After the new cars roll out we'll see where the numbers are at.

Sales for the mustang remained stronger for longer than anyone expected I think. It only started slumping in sales this year really. The Challenger has only had face lifts and there hellcat and somehow sales get better and better.

rustang1

Established Member
Any details about a weight change? I can't find anything.

The 18's look better than 15-17's to me.

Users who are viewing this thread