NEW MUSTANG GT CAN GO 0-TO-60 MPH IN LESS THAN FOUR SECONDS

Sportin' Wood

Established Member
Wow crazy pricing on these new models. Just slowly killing the hobby with pricing like this. If I were replacing my Whippled 13 it wouldn't be with a Ford, I'd definitely get a HK. There is just something off with the front end styling on the S550 still can't put my finger on what it is, is just wrong! 460hp big deal, 30hp increase with DI!! Pssst
Gt500 pricing will just be at least $85k

Sent from my SM-T817W using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AAG

Established Member
I agree...I prefer the 15-17 front over the 2018 but you can't argue those numbers. Finally a stock Mustang GT that can rival a new stock base model Corvette!

In what way? I don't think a Mustang GT still has enough to compete with a base vette in terms of handling and straight line speed.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Kona Blue and Lightning Blue both available. Interesting. Nice to see Orange Fury on the GT350.

Rct851

Established Member
I would buy this in 10AT form over 6MT. :eek:

Also figured it would be at least 445hp; but nice job Ford at 460hp with the DI.

Holy crap did your mom get the Internet turned back on?
I joke I joke.

It's cool but honestly it's only cool if you have the options that push it close to 50k

Never_Enough

Established Member
I agree...I prefer the 15-17 front over the 2018 but you can't argue those numbers. Finally a stock Mustang GT that can rival a new stock base model Corvette!
Put the 18 GT & a new Vette on a track, drag & road course, with equal drivers. BYE Mustang!

matt5058

Established Member
I didn't see anything about curb weight yet. Anyone know the weight difference between this and the 2015-2017 (if there is a difference)?

I wasn't a fan of the 2018 refresh initially but liked them better after seeing them at auto shows in Denver and DC. I'm still skeptical but the 2015-2017 took a while to grow on me as well.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... If they do make a GT 500 then it definitley needs that 10 speed auto as if not then lots of luck as the ZL-1 and Hellcat puts rings around it as they outsell it about 5 to 1.

That will never happen because S-H-E-L-B-Y.

Think of it like this. The S550 is the modern SN95...

I said something similar a while back, and people acted like I lost my mind. Though, I said the S550 harks back to the New Edge.

Prolly.

coyote FTW, at this point all 2012 and earlier GT500s should be burned to the ground. There is no really no reason for them to exist anymore.

Nah, cuz.

... And the base rims are terrible. How did those pass a focus group?

The Focus group didn't like them, either, so they passed them over to the Mustang.

Ford will want to remain competitive in pricing and performance with the likes of the new ZL1 and Hellcat's. If a few options throw a new model GT500 in the $80K+ range their price point won't be competitive. ...

If we get a new GT500, it will have to be head and shoulders above the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE, even for the same price. The ZL1 1LE is priced like the GT350R, and a GT500 is obviously going to have a higher MSRP than any GT350. Ford has no choice but to "bring it" with the next GT500, otherwise it will be a colossal flop. I thank Chevy for driving the GT500 in the direction I've wanted it to be in all along.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
In what way? I don't think a Mustang GT still has enough to compete with a base vette in terms of handling and straight line speed.
A 2014-17 Stingray runs 0-60 in approximately 3.9 seconds. This press release states the 2018 GT will go under 4 seconds.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
A 2014-17 Stingray runs 0-60 in approximately 3.9 seconds. This press release states the 2018 GT will go under 4 seconds.

you do realize bone stock stingrays have been into the 11.7 realm in the 1/4? Not to mention they pull 29mpg on the highway. The only thing the mustang GT will be beating the vette in is price and not by much.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
you do realize bone stock stingrays have been into the 11.7 realm in the 1/4? Not to mention they pull 29mpg on the highway. The only thing the mustang GT will be beating the vette in is price and not by much.

I bet the first and second gear in the 10 speed is geared super aggressive to go under 4 seconds 0-60.

It probably only uses first in drag mode.

Users who are viewing this thread