New Member!

OldSoul

Hello everyone, my name is Sean! I've been creeping on these forums for a long while as a guest and made the account last year but work got busy. I drive a 2003 DSG Cobra. I fell in love with these cars when I first saw one as a kid and finally bought one in December of 2016. I am the 7th and final owner of this car, I will never get rid of it. Though it has tested my patience many times. I am originally from Ohio and plan to move back in a few years, but I am currently living in Lemoore, CA. Thank god Ohio does not require emission testing!

OldSoul

FB_IMG_1518407717526.jpg
FB_IMG_1518407725820.jpg
Snapchat-1708268638.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks really nice, Sean. Congrats! I used to own a 2003 DSG Cobra myself. What are you engine mods?

Does yours have black rear bumper letter inserts? Any interior mods?

OldSoul

Looks really nice, Sean. Congrats! I used to own a 2003 DSG Cobra myself. What are you engine mods?

Does yours have black rear bumper letter inserts? Any interior mods?

Thanks! It does have the black rear bumper inserts. Prior Mods and what I've done since getting it off the top of my head:

Engine:
-Even Flow Gen ll Head Cooling mod
-2.93 blower pulley
-Division X idlers
-Lethal coolant tanks
-Gords Heat Exchanger with switch operated twin spawl fans
-Lethal return style fuel system w/ Walbro 255 pumps
-New Intercooler pump
-New alternator (went with oem because I didn't know better at the time)
-JLT ram air intake

Transmission:
-Spec twin disk clutch / aluminum fly wheel
-26 Spline input shaft
-Replaced the tob
-lethal tob retaining sleeve
-MGW Short Throw
-Firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant

Exhaust:
-American Racing Longtubes
-AR off road x pipe
-Cat delete
-Spintech Pro Street Mufflers

Other:
-Camber plates
-Drilled and slotted rotors
-H and R springs
-AEM air/fuel gauge
-AEM boost gauge

When I finally move back to Ohio I plan to do body work, shave and clean the engine bay, build the engine more, rebuild the rear with better bushings and parts, and upgrade everything possible over time. I will be buying the new TVS 2.6 sometime after they come out! It looks promising!

Also have some fun videos of my car in Mexico I'll post sometime!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice list of mods. I asked the question because the last I knew, my old DSG Cobra was on owner #4 or 5. That was a few years ago. I thought, MAYBE you have it. Your blower isn't polished, is it? Mine was polished.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have better photos to post but it says that they are too large to upload. Once I find a way, they will be up!

Nice car man and welcome. That color looks great indoors.
A tip to post pics that are too large is crop some of the background. Bring in the top, bottom, or corners a bit and that should do the trick.

OldSoul

Very nice list of mods. I asked the question because the last I knew, my old DSG Cobra was on owner #4 or 5. That was a few years ago. I thought, MAYBE you have it. Your blower isn't polished, is it? Mine was polished.

It's not polished, but that would be cool to find previous owners. Its come a long way haha.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for responding. I was hoping. LOL. Maybe someday I'll run into it again. Well, enjoy your Cobra. You certainly have an awesome and extensive list of mods. ;)

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum. One of the best forums out there! 15 years worth of knowledge on here, so you have some reading to catch up on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread