New Maisto Terminator...

Stangr21

Established Member
Only ones I see on eBay all the time red and black coupe and sometimes silver vert . I need silver coupe .

Maisto didn't make a coupe only a vert, you can paint one though :banana:

silvercpe.jpg

with the exception of the competition orange and the silver coupe these are the colors that they made...

051.jpg

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
how are you guys with custom painted diecast keeping all the decals? the cobra's on the side the svt and ford logos on the trunk lid?

I always wondered about that myself. I would assume that most people just do without the decals once they decide to re-paint one. That was the main thing that has kept me from re-finishing the one I started a year ago. I was hoping t figure out a way to remove them without damage, so I could re-apply them afterward.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
But that Mystic one posted earlier has the Cobra on the fender. I want to paint one of my verts Comp Orange and I'd like to keep the decals on there. Maybe Hybred can chime in with some more helpful hints/tips?

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I hope someone chimes in with some answers. That's what's been holding me up. I even emailed to see if they still made the other colors and I never got a response

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a custom Mystichrome one. Actually 2 but I have never took the second one out of the box. This one I put on top of the supercharger at car shows.

DSC04070.jpg

Looks fantastic! How did you get the fender snakes on there? Were you able to re-use the decals, or did you source new ones from some place?

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
How much did you sand to re-paint the model or did you just lightly scuffle it then paint and clear. Mines completely apart just getting ready to paint.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I hope someone chimes in with some answers. That's what's been holding me up. I even emailed to see if they still made the other colors and I never got a response

I emailed Maisto and ask them if they would make me another run of about 500 or so. I never got a response. I wish they would do a group purchase. But I guess they are to big to listen to the little people.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Stanger21 & others,

Do they make a 04 Cobra Vert model with the all charcoal seats? I'd like to make (or pay someone to make) an 04 CO Vert replica.

SlowSVT

Established Member
So far we have one die cast Terminator that's lowered and another that's got drag slicks :uh oh:

.............a "pulley" can't be far behind? :mj:

I can't figure out if it's "us" or if it's the car that makes us do such things not even an 1/18th scale replica is immune :nonono:

What about "silver"? I want a silver one! :cryying:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
not like you guys are nerds or anything ^ lol

Haha, that's not actually my maisto. I reposted the pic because it kinda matches my car. If it was, would I still be a nerd since I have one of these to match it?

46604bf9-4f62-197e.jpg

46604bf9-4f8d-bff6.jpg

46604bf9-4fa0-1807.jpg

Stangr21

Established Member
So far we have one die cast Terminator that's lowered and another that's got drag slicks :uh oh:

.............a "pulley" can't be far behind? :mj:

I can't figure out if it's "us" or if it's the car that makes us do such things not even an 1/18th scale replica is immune :nonono:

What about "silver"? I want a silver one! :cryying:

not far behind at all :banana:
018-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

031-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

025-3-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread