New Maisto Terminator...

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm getting mine ready for paint. I removed everything but am stuck on how to remove a few items.

1. The hood vents... is that a metal rivet that has to be drilled out?

2. The front and rear windshield..... is the rear window setup glued in on the side windows? Do you just bend in the side windows then pop it loose? Any tips the windows are probably the one thing that you can't hide if you screw up.

3. The rear speaker area..... does that come with the rear window set? How is it removed?

4. The most puzzling to me is the interior door panels/side window weather stripping on the door? How does that come off?

That cover the disassembly, now how do you guys remove the emblems off the car? or are you getting them with the fine sanding to prep the body? Thanks

Huff035

Established Member
I'm getting mine ready for paint. I removed everything but am stuck on how to remove a few items.

1. The hood vents... is that a metal rivet that has to be drilled out?

2. The front and rear windshield..... is the rear window setup glued in on the side windows? Do you just bend in the side windows then pop it loose? Any tips the windows are probably the one thing that you can't hide if you screw up.

3. The rear speaker area..... does that come with the rear window set? How is it removed?

4. The most puzzling to me is the interior door panels/side window weather stripping on the door? How does that come off?

That cover the disassembly, now how do you guys remove the emblems off the car? or are you getting them with the fine sanding to prep the body? Thanks

PM Sent :beer:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have a Torch Red and Black coupe. Anyone have a pic of the one that was painted mystic color?

Huff035

Established Member
I have a Torch Red and Black coupe. Anyone have a pic of the one that was painted mystic color?

Here ya go. Click on the pic to make it larger

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Last two are crappy cell pics but it was during assemble. you get the idea though
7dddf7a4.jpg

11da9979.jpg

72e4549a.jpg

F7149834-DB31-4560-8411-A5F434F3B493-4924-000003C70C8C3390.jpg

B5E6159D-E7F9-4CA1-98CA-DD5C365BA737-4924-000003C96A8F4D50.jpg

A28967A7-32BF-4295-9E7A-167798D4DF2C-4924-000003CBC6477C3F.jpg

Some more picture whoring of my favorite one... that i just sold unfortunately lol

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/other-items-buy-sell-194/904766-several-1-18-maisto-cobras.html

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Yeah bud I am definitely interested, as long as it doesn't cost what my real Mystic cost me :beer:

Stangr21

Established Member
Yeah bud I am definitely interested, as long as it doesn't cost what my real Mystic cost me :beer:

its steep but worth it probably about the price of a sonic blue coupe. been thinking about trading one for the mystic but it has to be done right and by those pics Huff knows what he is doing :beer:

cj428mach

Established Member
its steep but worth it probably about the price of a sonic blue coupe. been thinking about trading one for the mystic but it has to be done right and by those pics Huff knows what he is doing :beer:

I don't know what people charge to do it but its probably a fair price. By the time I bought the decals, primer, paint, and sand paper I could probably have an oxford white one shipped to my door, but that would take the fun out of it.

I'm just really glad I bought my dad that blasting cabinet as I've already blasted the car twice. The first time to get the original paint off the second time to take the oxford white off that I yellowed from putting to much clear on.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Just by looking at the pics they look incredibly good. Iam definitely going to have him paint one for me, just waiting to recover from Xmas. My wife probably would've gotten it for me if I would've informed her about it sooner. I collect die cast Muscle cars.
Iam actually waiting for the weather to clear up so I can take the real Mystic to get some tranny work done, then I have my eyes set on getting a 2.3 Whipple or TVS, this hobby gets expensive quick. :eek:

cj428mach

Established Member
I need to get some pics of my OW I made with the help of Huff. It was one of the most PITA projects I've worked on in a long time. I had to repaint the front bumper and rear spoiler half a dozen times to get them right. :bash:

I had to redo the whole car once because I put on too much clear and it yellowed the white. All in all I enjoyed the project and it kept me busy for the better part of a month.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Very nice! I haven't forgot getting with you and building a Mystic! I have my real Mystic in the shop have to wait and pay for that bill first ;-)

Huff035

Established Member
I need to get some pics of my OW I made with the help of Huff. It was one of the most PITA projects I've worked on in a long time. I had to repaint the front bumper and rear spoiler half a dozen times to get them right. :bash:

I had to redo the whole car once because I put on too much clear and it yellowed the white. All in all I enjoyed the project and it kept me busy for the better part of a month.
They can definitely be a pita, which is why I charge what I do lol, glad you got it figured out. Definitely post up some pictures.

Very nice! I haven't forgot getting with you and building a Mystic! I have my real Mystic in the shop have to wait and pay for that bill first ;-)

I'm still waiting lol.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I wish Maisto would do another run of them. I even inquired about them doing a special run of 500 - 1,000 in the different 03 - 04 Cobra colors. They never would get back with me. Guess I was interested in ordering enough of them.

Huff035

Established Member
I wish Maisto would do another run of them. I even inquired about them doing a special run of 500 - 1,000 in the different 03 - 04 Cobra colors. They never would get back with me. Guess I was interested in ordering enough of them.

I doubt they would ever do mystichrome due to cost of the paint.

Would be nice if they would release just the same colors again to just drop the prices of the cars some. People are asking too much for even red and black anymore.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I have a Redfire vert and a DSG coupe if anyone is interested in buying them. The DSG coupe has no springs to give it the "slammed" look and the redfire vert is stock. No boxes but there mint.

Huff035

Established Member
I have a Redfire vert and a DSG coupe if anyone is interested in buying them. The DSG coupe has no springs to give it the "slammed" look and the redfire vert is stock. No boxes but there mint.

Pm me a price for the dsg coupe. Please

Anyone else want one painted? Have two ready to start.

Users who are viewing this thread