New Layout

BMR Tech

It says to be honest...

No wonder why Facebook is getting more and more popular. :mj:

Not sure how anyone can like the newer Forum layouts better, especially the piss poor search tab.

Blah, such is life!

BMR Tech

I am too.

I use the search feature atleast 100 times per day. On the forums that have gone to the newer layout, I just HATE the search function.

I also can't make out the thread titles as well as I could with the old version. It just looks like a bunch of letters everywhere - not sure how to explain that one...lol

Such is life. I'm sure I will get used to it in a few years. ;)

wallie40

Established Member
Sid... are there any options to bring back the "White" layout? The black to me seems really hard to see.. I saw the default page, but the default VB looks like butt.

Thanks!

-Paul

BMR Tech

So, I am liking the site more and more now. I love just about everything, BUT, can anyone tell me how to search for posts that I am participating in????

When I go to "advanced search" - it doesn't really let me do much of anything (search by username). This function is very important for me.

Thanks!

wesessiah

Established Member
So, I am liking the site more and more now. I love just about everything, BUT, can anyone tell me how to search for posts that I am participating in????

When I go to "advanced search" - it doesn't really let me do much of anything (search by username). This function is very important for me.

Thanks!
click on settings at the top right. it's the link for your user cp with subscribed threads, unlike the old vbulletin format where there was an actual link for user cp.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're still working on changing some settings and layout features. The white background should be back sometime next week. We're currently setting up our new Front Page design, and some big changes for that section will be announced next week. You guys are going to be blown away.

The search feature is being worked on currently.

wesessiah

Established Member
We're still working on changing some settings and layout features. The white background should be back sometime next week. We're currently setting up our new Front Page design, and some big changes for that section will be announced next week. You guys are going to be blown away.

The search feature is being worked on currently.

this happens on all the forums I go to with the new vbulletin versions, but is there any way to refine the "go to first unread post" button so it's more accurate? it seems like threads with pictures are the worst. it will take you 5 posts above, or below the first unread post.

wesessiah

Established Member
site's running slow as balls for me after the update this morning (about how it used to, lol) and i just got a random ad when clicking on this thread... new question as i'm making this post... is there some issue with using the insert image button and selected url? every time i try uploading one of my photobucket hosted images it has some kind of issue. just now it told me that a 145kb image is too large, and yesterday it said something about one being invalid or something. if i manually put in the img tags it works fine though. site's running slow as balls for me after the update this morning (about how it used to, lol) and i just got a random ad when clicking on this thread... new question as i'm making this post... is there some issue with using the insert image button and selected url? every time i try uploading one of my photobucket hosted images it has some kind of issue. just now it told me that a 145kb image is too large, and yesterday it said something about one being invalid or something. if i manually put in the img tags it works fine though.

[ATTACH=full]566037[/ATTACH]

edit: trying it under the edit screen the button does work for me with the img>url option... maybe i'm just dividing by zero or something. it also tried to double post this post after i clicked once... falling apart yo!

Attachments

• randomad_zpsc2bcee49.png
    randomad_zpsc2bcee49.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I don't mind the new forum, but the PM system is awful.

I can't tell which messages I've read and which ones I haven't!

wesessiah

Established Member
is nobody else getting these random ads? i didn't have them until after the update this morning. this one is covering a subscribed thread in my cp...

moreads_zpsaa8b8647.png

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I am too.

I use the search feature atleast 100 times per day. On the forums that have gone to the newer layout, I just HATE the search function.

I also can't make out the thread titles as well as I could with the old version. It just looks like a bunch of letters everywhere - not sure how to explain that one...lol

Such is life. I'm sure I will get used to it in a few years. ;)

Kelly, I'm with you on the search function. I've resorted to searching for specific SVTP posts from Google, albeit sometimes unsuccessfully. Looking forward to it being fully functional once again.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't mind the new forum, but the PM system is awful.

I can't tell which messages I've read and which ones I haven't!

is nobody else getting these random ads? i didn't have them until after the update this morning. this one is covering a subscribed thread in my cp...

moreads_zpsaa8b8647.png

Kelly, I'm with you on the search function. I've resorted to searching for specific SVTP posts from Google, albeit sometimes unsuccessfully. Looking forward to it being fully functional once again.

All of these issues are being worked on. We're hoping to be at 100% by the end of the month.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We made a lot of small changes to the site last night. You may not notice them, but they were designed to give the site a much cleaner look.

Users who are viewing this thread