New L owner!

Wiked03

Established Member
Hello all...

Yesterday I picked up a used 2003 Lightning for my wife. (Ever since I bought the Cobra she has got really into car shows, track days, etc and wanted her own toy.) Who am I to deny her? :thumbsup:

The truck appears to be mostly stock... it has a CAI (not sure which brand), pulleys look stock (I am gonna measure em tonight), exhaust sounds nice but looks stock.

Anyways the truck seems to shift pretty hard, especially the 1-2 shift.

Is there a way to tell if has an aftermarket valve body installed? Please forgive my newbie-ness. :)

Anything else I should look for?

I will also be throwing it on the dyno asap to make sure all is well with the tune.

Thanks in advance!!!

Here is a quick pic. :D Pay no attention to the snow falling... Chicago sucks in January. LOL
wikedl4.JPG

Last edited:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
looks really good! i see you have been a forum member for a few now so welcome to the L family!

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
good looking truck. smart move to get it to a dyno and check on things. take some pics of the engine might be able to help with what the CAI is. Oh yeah, get your wife running in the 11's like you are, that way you can see who the better drive is. :p

Wiked03

Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
good looking truck. smart move to get it to a dyno and check on things. take some pics of the engine might be able to help with what the CAI is. Oh yeah, get your wife running in the 11's like you are, that way you can see who the better drive is. :p

LOL, thanks man. I will get an engine pic tonight when I measure the pulleys.

Blwn330

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride, i have heard the the shift from 1-2 is really hard when getting on it alot. I heard its normal and its supposed to be like that. Mine does the same thing.

Bootie

Established Member
The stock 1-2 shift is a pansy shift due to torque reduction. If its a firm shift, then most likely it has a VB, line mod valve, or increased line pressure with a tuner or chip.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Wiked L said:
He's very jealous! (this is the wife :) ) Thanks guys/gals!

Hah! That's awesome. I need to find a girl like that. My g/f was falling asleep at the track.

Wiked03

Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
The stock 1-2 shift is a pansy shift due to torque reduction. If its a firm shift, then most likely it has a VB, line mod valve, or increased line pressure with a tuner or chip.

Kinda what I am figuring... Just trying to figure out which one.

jdubya

Established Member
Wiked L said:
As my husband says... if your wife is into it, it just cost more money to get her a car too. So becarefull what you wish for ;-)

That is the truth!! My wife and I argue over who's vehicle we mod next.

Welcome to the site!

Users who are viewing this thread