New hand polished Borla Stingers.

Frankie814

Established Member
Hi Guys. I purchased Borla Stinger S-Type Singers for my 03 Cobra which are hand polished and were never installed on the car.

Before I go into any further into detail let me first say this to save you time from having to read any further if this setup wont work for you.

I have a GT rear installed as I eliminated the IRS so naturally, I have the the Stinger catback for the GT.

The reason I am selling this is because when I called the company where I purchased the Borla catback I very clearly stated that I wanted a system that would give me that deep sounding American muscle tone.

I asked the kid what would be the best system to give me the sound I wanted and he suggested the stingers.

I did some quick research on youtube and listened to them and thought eh- they sound decent, why not, and called back and made the purchase.

As you know sound clips and hearing things in person are completely different.

Anyway I recieved the catback the next day and spent a few days hand polishing the pipes. About two days later a friend of mine drove by with his new setup and I heard them and thought to myself, MAN thats a strange sounding exhaust so I asked him what he had. He told me Borla Stingers. Ugh, great i thought!

He asked me why and I told him that I just purchased the same catback. Of course, not wanting to insult what he really liked, i just didnt say anything.

So needless to say I am sitting on these Stingers. I called the company and explained my problem and also informed them that I have polished the catback. I was told that because I did so, I couldnt return them. i thought well OK not such a big deal so I have them here for sale as I dont want them.

Dont get me wrong here. Some of you may like the stingers and im not trying to put down what you may have but all I am saying is- there just not "for me"

I am thinking that I would prefer the SS Bassani Catback instead with 4" tips.
The only part Im stumped on decision wise is which brand of catted X pipe to go with. I want one that will give me the best deep sounding tone and of course the best performance. I know that the ORX would give me better performance but sound wise, I could do without the rasp and emission hassels.

Anyway- I figured asking 600. Shipped for this polished catback was fair. If youre interested PM me. Any feedback on my X pipe question would be most appreciated. Thank you.

2001cobra!

the new one
Established Member
Hi Guys. I purchased Borla Stinger S-Type Singers for my 03 Cobra which are hand polished and were never installed on the car.

Before I go into any further into detail let me first say this to save you time from having to read any further if this setup wont work for you.

I have a GT rear installed as I eliminated the IRS so naturally, I have the the Stinger catback for the GT.

The reason I am selling this is because when I called the company where I purchased the Borla catback I very clearly stated that I wanted a system that would give me that deep sounding American muscle tone.

I asked the kid what would be the best system to give me the sound I wanted and he suggested the stingers.

I did some quick research on youtube and listened to them and thought eh- they sound decent, why not, and called back and made the purchase.

As you know sound clips and hearing things in person are completely different.

Anyway I recieved the catback the next day and spent a few days hand polishing the pipes. About two days later a friend of mine drove by with his new setup and I heard them and thought to myself, MAN thats a strange sounding exhaust so I asked him what he had. He told me Borla Stingers. Ugh, great i thought!

He asked me why and I told him that I just purchased the same catback. Of course, not wanting to insult what he really liked, i just didnt say anything.

So needless to say I am sitting on these Stingers. I called the company and explained my problem and also informed them that I have polished the catback. I was told that because I did so, I couldnt return them. i thought well OK not such a big deal so I have them here for sale as I dont want them.

Dont get me wrong here. Some of you may like the stingers and im not trying to put down what you may have but all I am saying is- there just not "for me"

I am thinking that I would prefer the SS Bassani Catback instead with 4" tips.
The only part Im stumped on decision wise is which brand of catted X pipe to go with. I want one that will give me the best deep sounding tone and of course the best performance. I know that the ORX would give me better performance but sound wise, I could do without the rasp and emission hassels.

Anyway- I figured asking 600. Shipped for this polished catback was fair. If youre interested PM me. Any feedback on my X pipe question would be most appreciated. Thank you.

If you want deep and not rasp. The x-pipe is most likely not your answer....go pro-chamber or h-pipe IMO. I had a bassani catted x and it was really raspy.

Frankie814

Established Member
Thanku

Yes, ive considered an H pipe, but in speaking to some guys with Cobras they all told me that i will get more HP from an X. I was told to get catted X and that I would have to find the best sounding catback to go along with the X pipe. Ive heard a rasp issue with Bassani X. I was considering UPR but I wasnt sure to gowith them because i think they only make aluminized. :)

2001cobra!

the new one
Established Member
Yes, ive considered an H pipe, but in speaking to some guys with Cobras they all told me that i will get more HP from an X. I was told to get catted X and that I would have to find the best sounding catback to go along with the X pipe. Ive heard a rasp issue with Bassani X. I was considering UPR but I wasnt sure to gowith them because i think they only make aluminized. :)

Yeah I think that's true on UPR. I had loudmouths, flow masters, and Macs with my bassani catted x on my 03. All three sounded to raspy to me but to each their own. The bassani is really good quality and the flow tubes make it easy to go O/R. And lots of people including me are running aluminized systems with no issues so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm running the full Bassani system on mine and absolutely love the sound. I run the high flow cats in the X, as well as the baffles in the 4" tips, so there is no rasp at all. To me it has sort of an exotic car type tone to it vs. a super deep one though, so it's certainly a matter of taste. Everyone that's heard my car has commented on how badass it sounds and wants to know what I'm running. I just like the fact that it is fairly quiet at lower rpms so that I don't piss off the neighbors at night, but it gets plenty loud when I want it to. I honestly will never want another exhaust as long as I have this car, and the only thing I plan to change is to add the Bassani mid length headers to the system, which should make it sound even better. Best of luck selling those Stingers. Shouldn't be hard since it is a popular system.

Users who are viewing this thread