New guy with a new (to me) Mach 1

DRK HRS

Established Member
New guy from St. Louis here! It may not be an SVT but I've still got a supercharger and a 4v. :pepper:

Lookin' forward to hanging out here and learning.

3 months ago I picked up an '03 Mach 1 w/ a tick under 25k miles. Now it's got a Procharger P1SC @ 6 PSI, intercooler, 60# injectors, UPR catted X (****in' thing scrapes EVERYWHERE!), chokemasters, and putting down 448 rwhp/418 rwtq. It's my third Mustang, but my first good one lol. Tuned by Bob Monks, if anybody here is from St. Louis you probably know him...

PM86xkG.jpg

Last edited:

DRK HRS

Established Member
Thanks! No it's a 5-speed. My tuner is extremely good, I was blown away he could get those numbers out of it. The high compression helps. No detonation or anything else bad going on. I'm thinking of switching to a smaller pulley and having my tuner retard the timing on the top end to keep similar peak numbers, but then it should build up boost quicker.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i was just curious with that boost level, what size pulley is on that thing? Even with the 4" (which should make ~10psi at 6800) required a little clearancing of my valve cover.

DRK HRS

Established Member
I forgot to check it tonight, but according to a pulley calc online it should be 4.5" if I'm right about out stock Mach 1 crank pulleys being 6.5".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First, congratulations! Looks like a really nice Mach. And you're making good power!

If your Mach isn't lowered (which it doesn't appear to be), why is your catted X-pipe scraping everywhere?

DRK HRS

Established Member
Thanks I'm Really happy with this car! It's not lowered. I thought it was weird too, but if I search online about the issue a lot of people are apparently having these UPR pipes scrape a lot. I was exaggerating, it's not scraping everywhere, but it doesn't take much of a raised part of the street to get it to hit. Thinking of swapping it for another pipe soon. Bassanis are supposed to be pretty good about clearance.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You can also try loosening it up and push up on it. I've seen people gain quite a bit that way then just hold it up while you snug it back up

DRK HRS

Established Member
I'll give that a try, my friend has a lift in his garage! Along with a badass '97 GT coyote swap. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread