New guy just haying hi

PGreenSVT

Established Member
My name is Mitch and after 7 or so years owning my 97 Cobra I figured it was time to join and get hooked up with some other local Cobra owners. I am reaching the final stages of my Cobra rebuild and hope to have it back on the road this spring. It is pretty much an all out NA setup for open track fun. It's got WAY to much to list going on but to do the 30K feet overview it is a 324" Darton sleeve high compression setup with a viper spec T56 and a built 03 Cobra IRS with 4.30 gears. It has been off the road for 3 years now and I'm into this build for about $24k so I'm looking forward to it being done and back on the road again.

My DD is a DSG 02 F150 Harley Davidson with a few mods. Puts down 395/531 on a Mustang Dyno so that sort of eases the pain of having been out of the Cobra for so long.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

TRBO VNM

very nice many. there is a nice group of open track guys here that you will get along with really well and be able to make it to the track with. although I beg to differ on almost being done. This hobby is never done and with this group of people....just open the walley and turn it upside down...lol.

have any pics of the car?

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
sounds like 2 very fun vehicles. Look foward to meeting you and seeing your car.

edit: pics or ban

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Welcome, I live right beside Summit Point, I am sure you will be out here at some point.

You can watch me beat Greg in my Focus :banana:

Again, welcome.

Ken

:beer::beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Welcome. I'm sure we'll meet up.

A group of us are going to NASA VIR in March, NASA Summit in June, SVTOA Summit in May, MDA at Summit some other time, and the new track in NJ in Aug.

Join in. :beer: Look forward to seeing your car.

Last edited:

PGreenSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sure it'll be fun hanging out with you all. Derek, Yes I used to live in Perry Hall. I've been in Abingdon for about 3 1/2 years now. I live off of Laurel Bush.

Ken, I've been to Summit and I'm sure I'll be back hopefully this Spring. Got an extra bedroom lol.

TRBO VNM believe me I know they are never done, but this will get me back on the road and more important the track for a while. So while I'm learning to drive the Cobra all over again I can go back to work on the Harley. It's really tough being a miserable working Joe and trying to support 2 hot rods. But I have some plans for the HD too.

Doubt I'll be able to make it to SGS in Feb. I'll be wrenching hard on the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread