New guy just haying hi

wheelhopper

Established Member
Welcome.

Don't worry about seeing Ken at Summit. I have been there 3 times now and have yet to see him there. :poke: (at Ken)

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
HEY!!!! hows it going?

Your gunna enjoy the site and this crazy group of guys, who can give you any information on your car you might ever need..

WELCOME!

PGreenSVT

Established Member
HEY!!!! hows it going?

Your gunna enjoy the site and this crazy group of guys, who can give you any information on your car you might ever need..

WELCOME!
I'm new to MACA but not new to SVTP or the net. I've been on the forums for years and playing with Mustangs since I modded my 68 390 Fastback in 69. I do most of my own wrenching and am pretty comfortable around most aspects of the car. But I wouldn't go so far to to claim I never get stumped.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to wire things that went to the steering wheel since I ripped it out and am replacing it with a Momo Wheel. I want to keep the horn working but don't care about the cruise control. The wiring diagrams in both my Chilton and my Haynes manuals aren't that much help. It shows a yellow/grn stripe to the horns but there is no yellow/grn stripe that comes up to the steering wheel. It also show a drk grn/orange stripe on the other side of the horn switch but likewise there is no such wire up at the steering wheel. Down below where the steering column harness connector plugs into the chassis harness side has wires of that color so I am assuming that those are the wires I need to tie to for the horn. Also there is a black wire from the ignition switch case that I am guessing goes to ground. I'll know better tomorrow when I can play around a bit more with it.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm new to MACA but not new to SVTP or the net. I've been on the forums for years and playing with Mustangs since I modded my 68 390 Fastback in 69. I do most of my own wrenching and am pretty comfortable around most aspects of the car. But I wouldn't go so far to to claim I never get stumped.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to wire things that went to the steering wheel since I ripped it out and am replacing it with a Momo Wheel. I want to keep the horn working but don't care about the cruise control. The wiring diagrams in both my Chilton and my Haynes manuals aren't that much help. It shows a yellow/grn stripe to the horns but there is no yellow/grn stripe that comes up to the steering wheel. It also show a drk grn/orange stripe on the other side of the horn switch but likewise there is no such wire up at the steering wheel. Down below where the steering column harness connector plugs into the chassis harness side has wires of that color so I am assuming that those are the wires I need to tie to for the horn. Also there is a black wire from the ignition switch case that I am guessing goes to ground. I'll know better tomorrow when I can play around a bit more with it.
See, that's the problem with those manuals. Ford never used them when putting these together and threw in any damn wire. LOL

G/L with that, I've been looking at a new wheel myself, but I'm still having trouble deleting cruise, I'm a lazy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread