NEW FORD F-150 POWER STROKE DIESEL GETS BEST-IN-CLASS 30 MPG

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
NEW FORD F-150 POWER STROKE DIESEL HAS BEST-IN-CLASS EPA-ESTIMATED 30 MPG HIGHWAY FUEL ECONOMY RATING

1524076964650.jpg

• Efficient: 2018 F-150 3.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel has a best-in-class EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 30 mpg highway
  • Powerful: First-ever F-150 Power Stroke diesel engine offers best-in-class 250 diesel horsepower and 440 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Capable: Diesel-equipped F-150 brings best-in-class diesel towing and payload capacity
DEARBORN, Mich., April 19, 2018 – The 2018 Ford F-150’s first 3.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel engine officially boasts EPA-estimated ratings of 30 mpg highway, 22 mpg city and 25 mpg combined. These are the highest EPA-estimated ratings available in a full-size pickup truck.

These benchmark figures are the result of more than a decade of work developing a lightweight high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body, a 10-speed SelectShift® transmission, and robust engine construction of aluminum and compacted graphite iron to deliver durability, reduced weight and stump-pulling torque.

“Even a few years ago, customers wouldn’t have imagined an EPA-estimated rating of 30 mpg highway would be possible in a full-size pickup, but our team of crazy-smart engineers rose to the challenge,” said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford executive vice president, product development and purchasing.

In addition to its leading fuel economy ratings, the all-new F-150 Power Stroke boasts best-in-class* diesel power – 250 horsepower and a stout 440 lb.-ft. of torque – greater torque than a 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi V8. It provides best-in-class diesel towing of 11,400 pounds for pulling boats, horses or RVs. The new engine also provides best-in-class diesel payload – 2,020 pounds for XL and XLT fleet applications, and 1,940 pounds for retail applications – to easily haul equipment, supplies or a slide-in camper.

F-150 Power Stroke diesel shares its proven commercial-grade technology with F-Series Super Duty’s 6.7-liter Power Stroke – America’s most powerful, capable heavy-duty pickup truck ever.

The 2018 Ford F-150 with all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke diesel engine will begin shipping to dealers in May.

*Class is full-size pickups under 8,500 pounds. GVWR based on Ford segmentation.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
3 more MPG on the highway than the Ram 1500 and 20 more lb of torque.

Over 2k more payload too. (9,290lb for Ram)

Well done

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
30 mpg in a stripped down bare bones regular cab xl truck. If you get the 4x4 it drops to 25 mpg highway. Now add the weight of a supercrew Lariat and above and I bet the mpg is close to the other gas engines

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Chevy claims they will be matching and beating this with their small duramax. And the Dodge will meet or beat the Jeep EcoDiesel specs of 260 hp and 442tq and claims they will get above the 30 MPG as well but in 2019.

Amazing what they are getting out of these trucks (sucks they cost so much) and the question is who in the hell is towing 11,000 lbs with a 1/2 ton truck.

For towing purposes I assume most move to the f250 quarter ton trucks.

Overall these manufactures are putting out some great products in most segments but prices are getting out of hand for sure.

Voltwings

Established Member
It would be interesting to see Chevy's straight 6 against Ford's v. I'm inclined to lean towards the I-6 having the edge, but only time will tell.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It would be interesting to see Chevy's straight 6 against Ford's v. I'm inclined to lean towards the I-6 having the edge, but only time will tell.

If executed properly, straight 6 all the way. The inherent advantages of that configuration over a V are too numerous to list. Packaging requirements are about the only negative.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sure, if you're willing to break federal law and delete 150 pounds of emissions equipment.
Ouch. Thought I seen some track vid of a guy smoking vettes. Never knew that much was needed.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Curious as I don’t follow the diesel stuff. Do these still require exhaust fluid? I know all my EQ and big trucks at work do.

snakecharmer

Established Member
My experience with Diesels is that the rating is usually conservative. My E class would do well more than the 32MPG it was rated for. I won't be surprised if they can hit closer to mid 30s

Users who are viewing this thread