New F150 Lariat 502A 2018 vs. 2019 Pricing $5,000 Difference, Which One To Buy?

Which would you buy?

• 2018 ($5000 Savings Cash Purchase)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 2019 ($5000 more, 72 Month Zero % Financing)

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think It depends on perceived ROI. Is it for work ? can its depreciation be wrote off ? I am a fan of buying 1 or 2 years old ,low millage Vehicles from a dealership. I always put 20% down in cash and ALWAYS pay taxes in cash to the state.

My94GT

Established Member
Lol I’ll stick to comfortably driving my new truck with a warranty vs having a garage queen. Versatility and ability to tote the whole family around in high end comfort plus a comfortable daily commute for the hour plus each way was the priority. For me I took my car money and vested it into my house anyway. Sure I miss having a toy that rarely gets driven....but not that much.

nxhappy

Established Member
The thing is, at $60K for five years that's $1000 note. **** that. How much does the standard family have to invest after that payment? I buy a $25K truck for cash and invest $1000 a month after 25 months when I've got my money saved back up. Sure, I don't get a new truck, but I end up with a much better looking portfolio...
soooo many clean trucks you can find for 15-30k. It just blows my mind people are spending 80-100k for high end trucks. Are you ****ing kidding me?? The depreciation is crazy, people don't realize how much they are losing. Again, if you are shitting money, go ahead and do it. Be for me, $30k is PLENTY budget for a low milege truck. No need to spend double that. People nowadays just want "a low payment". Yeah....but you're LOSING 30-50% value after 5-6 years. If you like losing money, by all means, go right ahead. If you are writing it off for your business....that is obviously a different story.

nxhappy

Established Member
A $60K truck, is still a $60K truck. Unless someone is giving you the other $25K. Right?

I won't argue the other points because you're right, used vehicles can be a crap shoot. But then again, so can some new ones.

some of the newer trucks are WORSE ! look at the ecoboost 2011 and 2012....they are piles of shit, blowing motors left and right b/c of chain guides. The old F150 4.6 and 5.4 are SOLID motors. Hell, some of them running 400-500k miles no issues. Some of this new shit is TERRIBLE. I was even slightly worried about my 15 ecoboost. New or used, doesn't matter. You can have problems at 5k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread