New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

03snkvert

Established Member
Hey I have an idea, how bout a spring cruise/show at your shop this spring. I dont how many NE guys/girls will come but I am sure a couple

I wouldn't mind doing a cruise/ show if Nitemare was up to it. I would deff like to do something this year, and had been thinking of something to do for a Cruise this year, and that would be perfect. An open house/cruise/car show.

Ravenknight, I think last year we had 25-30 cars, that was a pretty good turn out.

Nitemar, where is the new shop locate (you can pm me) and how much do you want to weld in a pair of Sub Frame connectors?

Scottyk

Established Member
There are actually a lot of really serious cars that come out of Iowa that just don't get talked about that much. I'm just trying to shed some light on it. QUOTE]

There are no fast cars in iowa, none. :shrug: JK Actually I wish there were some better shop choices in iowa. Still looking for a place that I can trust having my subframe connectors put on.

H+W Speedshop in CR and TabFab in CR both do really great fab work. I would recomend H+W.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
NITMARE enough of the BS, where are the pics!?

JK…. seriously though, I am going through withdraw

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
I would definitely be down for a cruise. The shop itself (as long as we get the rest of the papers signed today as planned) is located up in Nevada, IA. Only 20-25 minutes north of Des Moines. I have a massive sized lot out back that could probably hold 30-40 cars plus it's out in the middle of nowhere if any "inspired" driving were to ensue. ;)

We have a few months to iron out the details.

03snkvert I'll shoot you a PM

03snkvert

Established Member
I would definitely be down for a cruise. The shop itself (as long as we get the rest of the papers signed today as planned) is located up in Nevada, IA. Only 20-25 minutes north of Des Moines. I have a massive sized lot out back that could probably hold 30-40 cars plus it's out in the middle of nowhere if any "inspired" driving were to ensue. ;)

We have a few months to iron out the details.

03snkvert I'll shoot you a PM

Cool.... Def. let me know. A cruise up to Nevada would be a nice little drive, and I could meet the Nebraska Guys in Des Moines or Altoona or something and head up.

Maybe we could find a grill and all chip in on some Hamburger and Hotdogs etc and have a little cookout!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cool.... Def. let me know. A cruise up to Nevada would be a nice little drive, and I could meet the Nebraska Guys in Des Moines or Altoona or something and head up.

Maybe we could find a grill and all chip in on some Hamburger and Hotdogs etc and have a little cookout!

cool, I love it when a plan starts coming together, food, cars and a cruise, :rockon: Lets make a thread in midwest after new year and start planning sometime after april, I was thinking May or June but need to see if this works with Nitmares shop opening:beer:

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
cool, I love it when a plan starts coming together, food, cars and a cruise, :rockon: Lets make a thread in midwest after new year and start planning sometime after april, I was thinking May or June but need to see if this works with Nitmares shop opening:beer:

I'm sure some of us Kansas City boys might be able to make it.

dcook_14

Established Member
I'm in for the cruise/cookout as well, Nevada isn't very far from Cedar Falls. Is there a thread in the Midwest section? I didn't see one but I might have just missed it.

Nitemare I replied to your PM about the dyno, sorry about the delayed response.

How's the website coming? I've been wanting to show some of my friends some of the stuff you do, but this thread isn't quite doing it for them (they are tuner kids, go figure).

And how's that car coming? Not much else to do but work on cars when its -30 wind chill outside

lx5.4

Established Member
I am in, I live in des moines, and I need a good reason to get my girl out and stretch her legs. By the way this weather suck!!!!!!! -10 below and that is not including the windchill and now their saying more snow for tomarrow. Enough is Enough!!!!

NITMARE

Established Member
I'm in for the cruise/cookout as well, Nevada isn't very far from Cedar Falls. Is there a thread in the Midwest section? I didn't see one but I might have just missed it.

Nitemare I replied to your PM about the dyno, sorry about the delayed response.

How's the website coming? I've been wanting to show some of my friends some of the stuff you do, but this thread isn't quite doing it for them (they are tuner kids, go figure).

And how's that car coming? Not much else to do but work on cars when its -30 wind chill outside

Yeah man I got your reply. Good deal on a dyno but I need something that will handle about 1,000 more hp.

The website is coming along. It should be fully up and running in a month or so. I am really anal about how I present myself so I don't like to unveil things till I am 100% satisfied with the look. Once the page is up we are going to be hitting the ground running. Tell them I'm sorry this thread isn't up to their high standards ;)

I've got some work lined up that should be pretty sweet. Have a TT Viper that's coming in for some serious (re) mods and a C6 Z06 that's getting a built motor and a custom built TT system. These are both local guys so keep an eye out.

I am in, I live in des moines, and I need a good reason to get my girl out and stretch her legs. By the way this weather suck!!!!!!! -10 below and that is not including the windchill and now their saying more snow for tomarrow. Enough is Enough!!!!

Hey man I'll take the snow. I still run a landscape business and we handle all the snow work for the Hubble properties in town so this winter has been great for us! Aside form the crazy ass cold. That shit needs to stay gone.

updates? Is it running?
Nope, I needed to have a couple things re-powder coated before it goes back together. Taking everything apart so many times has banged up some parts and this WILL be the last time it goes together so I need to have it "magazine ready". Plus the way the weather is here right now there is no huge rush to get it running since driving it is way out of the question.

I really appreciate that you guys have kept an interest in the build and I am thankful that you keep coming back to check it out! I am trying to do A LOT right now between the car, getting the shop settled, trying to line up new work, the website, and keep my home life together with a very understanding pregnant woman holding the fort down. I am working from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day right now...and then if it snows (like it has been weekly) I am pushing snow for 24 hours at a time. So if the updates are coming a little slow trust me it's not cause no progress is being made! I will have huge amount of updates coming all at once very soon so don't give up on me.

2010 is going to be a huge year for me with the official opening of Nightmare Motorsports and I promise to let you guys be the first to know of all the upcoming and ongoing projects. We will get the cruise to the shop date set and for any guys in the area definitely try to make it out. Thanks again for all the support and interest :beer:

- Scott

95riosnake

Established Member
I will definitely keep checking this thread! I know I'm not the only one who gets excited every time I see this thread bumped back to page 1 :thumbsup:

I'm also really excited about the new parts you're gonna be eventually producing for 94-98's :rockon: we get kind of left out in the cold these days when it comes to new parts, the pecking order pretty much goes S197, terminator, 99-04 in general, then maaaaaaaybe 94-98 but usually we're left with the same old same old.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
dude, you gotta get video of all your projects up on youtube, one of the best forms of advertising! not to mention that it's free!!! lol

dcook_14

Established Member
Yeah man I got your reply. Good deal on a dyno but I need something that will handle about 1,000 more hp.

Ha, yeah I saw later that it only handled like 400-450 hp or something like that.

The website is coming along. It should be fully up and running in a month or so. I am really anal about how I present myself so I don't like to unveil things till I am 100% satisfied with the look. Once the page is up we are going to be hitting the ground running. Tell them I'm sorry this thread isn't up to their high standards ;)

Glad to hear that the website might be up soon. You're setting up a business webpage, not a facebook blog, so it makes sense to have it running smoothly and looking good when you finally publish it. I'll be honest though, I wouldn't care if it was a page with a white background, no words, and no links, as long as it had your build pictures on it and a phone number I'd probably still be interested!

I've got some work lined up that should be pretty sweet. Have a TT Viper that's coming in for some serious (re) mods and a C6 Z06 that's getting a built motor and a custom built TT system. These are both local guys so keep an eye out.

It's awesome that there are these kinds of American muscle cars around here. I saw a Viper in CF one day and just about broke my neck trying to get a look at it. Corvettes...meh, not my thing. I can't wait until summer when everyone starts driving their nice cars again!

Well good luck with everything you have going on, sounds like your plate is pretty full.

Users who are viewing this thread