New England Dragway

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Yea we can make one. Let me think about how we can set one up a list without displaying our info to forum lamers.

Perhaps we could make a sticky with instructions to email someone for a link to a web page with our contact info once you are determined not a be a lamer spy from ls1.com.
sounds like a good idea

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by silver10th
bassin247, negative on the 01 vert.i had a black 02 gt that wasnt mine one night at wollaston beach that had an x-pipe with no mufflers.

Oh yea. I remember that thing. It sounded like a damn nascar. You were pimpin your friends GT that had saleen rims.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Mike,

I'm having my solid overhauld and line loc installed as soon as I get back from florida. I hope you bring an extra set of undies when we go for that ride I owe you because the slicks should hook like never before!@#
extra set of undies??? what for you ?? i guess this means your going to let me drive:rolling:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
extra set of undies??? what for you ?? i guess this means your going to let me drive:rolling:

:lol: If I let you drive my cobra you will be at the dealer the next day trading you L in.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
:lol: If I let you drive my cobra you will be at the dealer the next day trading you L in.
well whats your worry then? no one to carry your slicks for you to the track if i dump the truck

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
on a side note i might be trading up for a mach1

Mike, you are going to miss the low-end grunt of the roots blown V8. You should try to get your hands on a slightly used '03 Cobra.

MJ

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Mike, you are going to miss the low-end grunt of the roots blown V8. You should try to get your hands on a slightly used '03 Cobra.

MJ

I agree 100%. You could probably find a almost new cobra for less than a new mach1.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I bought 2 oem chrome rims to mount 17'' ET Streets

I'll be running mine on 17x9 Bullitt wheels. My car is now legal down to 10.00. I just got done installing the following:

NHRA legal 6-pt roll bar with SFI padding
SFI blowproof bellhousing
SFI 5-pt camlock harnesses
fire extinguisher
Simpson fire jacket (for me)
driveshaft loop
Zone-5 IRS cover girdle

Now I'm just waiting for my Whipple to show up and then my car is complete. It's going to be one EVIL son of a bitch between the Whipple at 18psi and the juice. :fm:

MJ

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Mark,

I read on modularfords you had to weld something, what did you have to weld? Were the bars painted? How long was the install time? We need to hook up. I want to check it out.

Is it a boy or girl?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Mark,

I read on modularfords you had to weld something, what did you have to weld? Were the bars painted? How long was the install time? We need to hook up. I want to check it out.

Is it a boy or girl?

The down tubes need to be welded to the main hoop in order for it to be NHRA legal. It is the Maximum Motorsports bar and it comes UNPAINTED which sucks. I sprayed mine with cans and it came out okay. Should've had it powder coated but time was of the essence.

Install took about 3-days working sporadically. Looking back I should've just paid someone to do it BUT the total cost was around $600 versus $1200-1800 for a reputable shop to build one. BTW, my bar has lift out/swing out door bars which is great for the street. With them removed you almost don't even know there is a rollbar in the car. I highly recommend the MM unit.

My SON is due around June 15th and I can't wait! :D

Give me a call sometime and we can get together for a couple of hours.

MJ

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
The down tubes need to be welded to the main hoop in order for it to be NHRA legal. It is the Maximum Motorsports bar and it comes UNPAINTED which sucks. I sprayed mine with cans and it came out okay. Should've had it powder coated but time was of the essence.

Install took about 3-days working sporadically. Looking back I should've just paid someone to do it BUT the total cost was around $600 versus $1200-1800 for a reputable shop to build one. BTW, my bar has lift out/swing out door bars which is great for the street. With them removed you almost don't even know there is a rollbar in the car. I highly recommend the MM unit.

My SON is due around June 15th and I can't wait! :D

Give me a call sometime and we can get together for a couple of hours.

MJ

Congrats on the son. Now you can spend quality time with your boy under the hood of the cobra. My biggest nightmare is having a girl. Buying pink clothes and barbies would make me cry.

I'll call you sometime this week.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Congrats on the son. Now you can spend quality time with your boy under the hood of the cobra. My biggest nightmare is having a girl. Buying pink clothes and barbies would make me cry.

I'll call you sometime this week.

Sounds good, talk to you this week.

MJ

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member

MJ
ya think?? i was just going to make it easy and trade in the truck for the mach
out the door for around 24
gona go to the dealer to see if there is anyone around i can talk to about it
i still dont know yet though

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Hopefully I find a 03 by at least Fun Ford Weekend time this summer. I will be sad if I dont and I know my girl wont be happy. I would go up just to watch you guys someday at NED. Post back again if there is a date you are all certain you are going. I know someone wants to give me a ride in their Cobra... kidding lol. I dont know any of you guys yet but I usually tape things like that and maybe I can or we can all start a site to post vids and pics on that are taped at events like this. I dont know how tight a circle you guys are when it comes to going to events and hanging out but let me know. Just an idea if someone already isnt doing it I like making car vids.

Bassin your list of phone #'s sounds like a good idea. I am in for that when I get a cobra. We could make it a login website for the info about the things people are setting up and contact info and then make the vids/pics/car specs available to everyone. Would probably make events higher turnout if we were all in touch or at least knew how to be. Then we would know who would be up for cruises and stuff like that if we felt like putting something together. Check out my really long post about the dealership I went to when you have time its really long to warn you so dont be mad at me if it takes forever to read but its pretty funny. You have to see the guy I am talking about someday lol. neways take it easy bro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread