New Edge BS Thread

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Soooo...what's up bitches???

My car is currently down for some stupid stuff and I haven't driven her in like a month. The "upgrades" are Koni struts to match the shocks, a roll bar (which I need to have painted/powdercoated - thread to follow), some new mufflers (if I can make them work), and perhaps some paint work. Other than that, doing the daily grind. What's going on for everyone else?

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
4 point Roll bar. I got a great deal on one somewhat local, so I jumped on it. I'm still trying to decide what color to paint it.

RED@7K

4VEE4ME
Established Member
you having it welded in?? or just bolted?

pics of all that when its done pleeeease!!

ide say powder it..............satin black....:rockon:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Nice. Trying to find a cheap beater so I can pull mine off for suspenion upgrades.

My front struts have just about given out after 115K.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
I have a shitload of suspension parts sitting in my room right now.

MM CC plates
MM FLSFC's
Sportlines
Steeda Rear shock brace
Tokico HP's

Just trying to find time to put them on. In the mean time,im doing small interior upgrades,and waiting on my HID's to get here.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
meh same old shit

start a new job tomorrow, haven't drivin the Cobra in 3 weeks or so...she needs a bath too. But i did make my own noise reduction mod for the shifter area the other day, and i need to get to work on installing my battery box. Need to order a new Prostar and ET street.

But before all that i gotta change a rotor on my wifes Explorer

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
you having it welded in?? or just bolted?

pics of all that when its done pleeeease!!

ide say powder it..............satin black....:rockon:

Just a bolt in. It's currently gloss black. My latest thinking is to powdercoat it a flat charcoal to match the interior. I've toyed with the idea of doing it white as well.

Same ole BS here in the HOT south! Daily grind???? I like to call it the rat race!!!!

Any way...you have one of the sweetest looking 'verts I have ever seen!

It's ridiculously hot here too.

Thanks for the compliment :beer:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Im soon to be dropping in an Aluminator 10:1 motor. my #8 cylinder is giving out and im starting to smoke lightly. On top of that BBK headers are leaving and a MAC LTs and Prochambers are going on the spintechs. I have a bunch of suspension work to be done before too long and maybe some new wheels and a T56 in my garage to get in the car.

I need more money

Nazman

Established Member
Hot as hell here in Central TX! Just finished doing some yard work. The neighbors dog's chewed on the bottom of the fence, they are gone for the weekend so I went ahead and fixed.

I put my car down for the final phase. The bullet is getting lower CR slugs, and the Rods are being up-graded to Oliver billets, and working on the cams still.

Got about 95% of all the parts for the Whipple swap. Just missing some misc bolts and the PS braket.

Im also going to pull all the carpeting, and insulate the firewall area, and tranny tunnel to help with the headers heat and overall TX summer and noise. It will be a light weight insulation so it should be be much of a factor...plus that 3.4W with the 322CI, I would not have to worry much about it since it should make tons of TQ.

Then, after I get done with the interior, she is going down for a full pain job.

Same White, black cowl on the hood, and 03 Cobra rear bumber and white mirrors. The front bumpper will be 99 with Mach splitter and elimiating the Steeda graphics.

Right now....sipping on a brew!

Naz

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I just woke up. I need to put my EBC pads on the car but have been too lazy. I also ordered the 03 Cobra rocker panel covers, a new gas pedal and some floor mats for the Cobra from one of our sponsers.. FordSVTParts.

I feel bad about how I have neglected my Cobra. I had a ATF bottle spill on the floormat of the car and its now curled up. The gas pedal broke due to a poor install by the previous owner and I've been too lazy to get another one. The most recent oops happened while leaving a drive up ATM. The exit was really tight and I rubbed the drivers side rocker panel cover while trying not to curb a rim. :( Someone should take my Cobra away before I hurt her anymore.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Hot as hell here in Central TX! Just finished doing some yard work. The neighbors dog's chewed on the bottom of the fence, they are gone for the weekend so I went ahead and fixed.

I put my car down for the final phase. The bullet is getting lower CR slugs, and the Rods are being up-graded to Oliver billets, and working on the cams still.

Got about 95% of all the parts for the Whipple swap. Just missing some misc bolts and the PS braket.

Im also going to pull all the carpeting, and insulate the firewall area, and tranny tunnel to help with the headers heat and overall TX summer and noise. It will be a light weight insulation so it should be be much of a factor...plus that 3.4W with the 322CI, I would not have to worry much about it since it should make tons of TQ.

Then, after I get done with the interior, she is going down for a full pain job.

Same White, black cowl on the hood, and 03 Cobra rear bumber and white mirrors. The front bumpper will be 99 with Mach splitter and elimiating the Steeda graphics.

Right now....sipping on a brew!

Naz

What insulation are you using? I wouldn't mind getting rid of some road noise as well. Also want to insulate the roof so that it doesn't sound like I'm in a drum when it rains.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Still working a shitty ass job and being loaded up with other peoples BS. And now have realized I put myself in debt just buying this KB and wondering how I will be able to stand having it sit in a box for months because I cant afford to put it on....ironic? And to top it off, had her out today and she was hesitating....think a new clutch might need to be in order =/

DanTheMan18

Established Member
I'm ready to come home! At least I'm getting closer now. I'm going through a lot of Cobra withdrawals, and speed withdrawals. Haven't gone over 35 mph now for over 5 months, lol. I won't know how to act when I get on the interstate for the first time back home.

I'm just getting anxious now. I've been piling up parts at the parents house while I've been out here, and now I'm ready to get back, and get to working on something that I really enjoy.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
put on my MGW the other day. big time stuff there...lol. anyway, the UPR k-member and coilover setup should be going on in the next few weeks. then it's time for turbo installation....:rolling:

Last edited:

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
My car's been at MPH for what seems to be an eternaty. I think I dropped it of if Febuary. I live in Georgia but spend more time at work in NYC than I do at home so I don't mind if it sits there.The car put down 631rw but the Tuner noticed I had an impellar wobble on my D1sc. So, I'm waiting for them to call back with a price on a rebuild. Anyway, after I get it back I'm hoping for a fresh coat of Rio red and the bitch is done!:beer:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I'm ready to come home! At least I'm getting closer now. I'm going through a lot of Cobra withdrawals, and speed withdrawals. Haven't gone over 35 mph now for over 5 months, lol. I won't know how to act when I get on the interstate for the first time back home.

I'm just getting anxious now. I've been piling up parts at the parents house while I've been out here, and now I'm ready to get back, and get to working on something that I really enjoy.

Get home safe, and thanks for defending this great FREE nation. :rockon:

As for me, my BIW project is driving great,
the 5.4 (stock Navi) is making tons of torque and 23 highway MPG.
Although it's technically not a Cobra,(built by me, not Ford) it is a new edge.
Only paint and a Boss330 long block await completion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread