*New Dyno results for my Fresh Teksid build KB 2.8H Mammoth* (Video inside)

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
I just completed a Teksid build about a month ago. So while I was at it I stepped up to CNC ported heads and BBK longtubes. Other than the things mentioned above the setup is the same. I put down 615rwhp and 514rwtq on 18 psi and 679rwhp and 576rwtq on 23psi. Those are SAE corrected numbers too, I might add. The tuning was done by Performance Dyno in Loudon NH, and I must say Pete is the man! only took 1 pull to get my 17-18psi tune and only 2 to nail down my 23 psi tune. There is still a lot of room left with this Engine we think, but for now this should do. :) That KB Mammoth wants to spin even faster, I can tell.

There was 950 easy break in miles on the engine at the time of tuning. Mixing Torco with 91 octane.. 91 is all I can get up here where I live...

https://youtu.be/EKieQhXfNio

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Congrats! Pete's the best :rockon:

E85 an option down the road?

I dont forsee E85 here anytime soon here in the Great white north. Whats crazy is that I was able to accomplish those numbers with twin Focus pumps, KB BAP and 72lbs injectors. Other than those fuel mods its stock setup and Pete said theres still a little room left but will probably have to upgrade the stock MAF if I decide to up the boost anymore.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
23lbs\679whp and your on the stock maf?? I don't understand how that can be possible. I'm almost pegged on my setup in my sig

04cobraken

Established Member
Great setup!! My car was tuned by Pete as well and runs very strong. Similar setup but I have a 2.9 Whipple. All we have here is 91 octane as well which sucks.... Car should be a monster on the street!!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
23lbs\679whp and your on the stock maf?? I don't understand how that can be possible. I'm almost pegged on my setup in my sig

I'm at 714/680 with a stock maf with mafia. Stock inlet tube as well. 9" amsoil filter on the end. Plenty of room left

Great #s op

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I dont forsee E85 here anytime soon here in the Great white north. Whats crazy is that I was able to accomplish those numbers with twin Focus pumps, KB BAP and 72lbs injectors. Other than those fuel mods its stock setup and Pete said theres still a little room left but will probably have to upgrade the stock MAF if I decide to up the boost anymore.

Is your setup return or returnless? If you didn't have the BAP your duty cycle would have been maxed before you hit 680RW with the twin Focus', haha! Nice #'s..

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I don't think he means he's running a MAFia - I think he's saying straight up stock MAF, that's why I said I don't understand how it can be possible. I guess the tube diameter really has a huge impact on it.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

Too bad ... E85 would be your friend! :)

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats OP! My old tuner used to keep my stock MAF too. Whipple 2.3 and my whipple 2.9 stock maf over 600 rwhp. He would adjust something, he always told me not to spend the money on a maf. Never had any issues and no mafia.

bigmoose

Established Member
The MAF works using a simple hot wire method. The actual reading from the MAF is linear speed, not volume. You then calibrate the ECU for the diameter of the pipe to get volume. When placing the MAF in a much bigger tube you are essentially reducing the linear speed of the air and therefore the reading for a given volume of air, giving you more headroom for the sensor.

Last edited:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
That's awesome that you drove it down. Hopefully your a thin guy and the stock seats are your friend. I can only do about 3-4 hrs myself.

Haha...I was ok with the seats, I found the Cobra fairly comfy actually.

I'm guessing stock electronics in the big tube and not the 90mm maf bolted to the tube. I may be wrong.

You are correct.

Congrats OP! My old tuner used to keep my stock MAF too. Whipple 2.3 and my whipple 2.9 stock maf over 600 rwhp. He would adjust something, he always told me not to spend the money on a maf. Never had any issues and no mafia.

Thanks

The MAF works using a simple hot wire method. The actual reading from the MAF is linear speed, not volume. You then calibrate the ECU for the diameter of the pipe to get volume. When placing the MAF in a much bigger tube you are essentially reducing the linear speed of the air and therefore the reading for a given volume of air, giving you more headroom for the sensor.

Thats a great explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread