New DD nothing special but will mod it soon anyway

SVTDarin

Established Member
I needed a DD that got better than 20 mpg but could still haul people and make trips to Home Depot. Also needed it to become my company truck once I start my home inspection business.
2016 Transit Connect long wheel base, seats 6, and can haul 1200 lbs. It was CPO Ford dealer purchase so I got 4/48K bumper to bumper and 7/100k drivetrain. So far it's good, besides not looking too soccer mom like and once the Focus ST wheels go on and the tints done it will be a little better.

20170825_153714.jpg
20170825_153739.jpg

Last edited:

SVTDarin

Established Member
Nice. I wish Ford would make an ST version of that thing.

It's basically a stretched Focus, I bet the drive train would bolt right in. They won't do it but I think the Fusion Ecoboost 2.0 would be a nice option. If all goes well and the Ranger turns out to be a nice truck this will get traded in for one.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I needed a DD that got better than 20 mpg but could still haul people and make trips to Home Depot. Also needed it to become my company truck once I start my home inspection business.
2016 Transit Connect long wheel base, seats 6, and can haul 1200 lbs. It was CPO Ford dealer purchase so I got 4/48K bumper to bumper and 7/100k drivetrain. So far it's good, besides not looking too soccer mom like and once the Focus ST wheels go on and the tints done it will be a little better.

View attachment 1407848 View attachment 1407849

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR MY BUSINESS. DO YOU MIND IF I ASK WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT?

SVTDarin

Established Member
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR MY BUSINESS. DO YOU MIND IF I ASK WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT?

I looked around for one for a couple of weeks and they (long wheel base non cargo models) were all around $17-$18 for an XLT. The dealer near me dropped this one from $17,995 to $16,500 so I stopped in, drove it, and I was sold. They wouldn't come down more on price but I did get 2 free oil changes and the roof rack cross bars which retail for $450. So I guess you could say I paid $16,000 for it and for CPO I think it's a good deal. Now if my damn tires would come in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That should serve your needs well for now. Pretty good price! I think you did pretty well.

What engine does it have?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I looked around for one for a couple of weeks and they (long wheel base non cargo models) were all around $17-$18 for an XLT. The dealer near me dropped this one from $17,995 to $16,500 so I stopped in, drove it, and I was sold. They wouldn't come down more on price but I did get 2 free oil changes and the roof rack cross bars which retail for $450. So I guess you could say I paid $16,000 for it and for CPO I think it's a good deal. Now if my damn tires would come in.

That's a pretty good deal.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
It's basically a stretched Focus, I bet the drive train would bolt right in. They won't do it but I think the Fusion Ecoboost 2.3 would be a nice option. If all goes well and the Ranger turns out to be a nice truck this will get traded in for one.

Fixed and nice pick up! Looking forward to seeing it with the ST wheels.

That should serve your needs well for now. Pretty good price! I think you did pretty well.

What engine does it have?

N/A 2.5 I-4.

SVTDarin

Established Member
Fixed and nice pick up! Looking forward to seeing it with the ST wheels.

N/A 2.5 I-4.

Fixed again

Fusion Sport is 2.7 ecoboost and 2.0 ecoboost is offered on SE or Titanium models. Don't think the 2.7 would fit but the 2.0 would.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Fixed again

Fusion Sport is 2.7 ecoboost and 2.0 ecoboost is offered on SE or Titanium models. Don't think the 2.7 would fit but the 2.0 would.

I'm aware of what motors are in the Fusions and was going to mention a 2.7TT would be nice, but the 2.3 would have a better chance of bolting in if you were to do a swap. It's my understanding the 2.3 is a near direct swap with very minimal work to install in place of the 2.0 in the Focus ST and given the choices, I'd go with the 2.3 over the 2.0.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1407848 View attachment 1407849
Put those Focus ST wheels on it!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
For the price that cost and ability to swap over to a work vehicle, i am amazed at this choice. Excellent. Although i am against modding a work vehicle unless it's for function, but to each his own on that.

SVTDarin

Established Member
For the price that cost and ability to swap over to a work vehicle, i am amazed at this choice. Excellent. Although i am against modding a work vehicle unless it's for function, but to each his own on that.

Thanks and I was amazed too once I started looking at these little wagons. The modding thing is something I have to do to any vehicle I own and wheels are always a must and it will all be a write off.

Users who are viewing this thread