New DD... Never thought I'd own a PHEV

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Take off 19's still go for $1,800+, but they look good. Here's a pic of my moms on factory 19's with Eibach's and mine with the H&R's on 17's

image_zps0nrk38y7.jpg

Both of these cars look very nice! Love these new Fusions... Ford hit a home run here.

nxhappy

Established Member
I averaged just over 72 mpg and got 1,047 miles on the tank of gas that was in it when the dealer delivered it. I'm excited to see how it does now that it's warming up!

image_zpswxqdwqyj.jpg

holy SHIT ! That is crazy.

nice looking ride too !

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
and i thought the 650+Km to a tank i get on my Ecoboost fusion was good. Thats insane. Hows the power comparison to your old tuned Eco boost ?

It feels like it makes good power, not like the EcoBoost when tuned, but not bad for a DD. It feels totally different too, since it has a CVT trans. The EcoBoost when tuned would fry the tires and chirp them on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

I may take it to the track just for kicks and see what it runs.

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
I only live 3 miles away from work so I bet I could go pretty far on 1 tank! At the leaders 5800 miles, how long do you think the fuel was in the tank? Does ford recommend using stabil or anything like that in the tank sense it is gonna be in there for so damn long?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I'm not sure how long the fuel was in his tank. It would be 4 or 5 months for me with that mileage. Never heard recommendations for Stabil in the tank.

TaraFirma

Established Member
I'm not sure how long the fuel was in his tank. It would be 4 or 5 months for me with that mileage. Never heard recommendations for Stabil in the tank.

I believe the ECU automatically runs the engine for a short period of time to burn some fuel if you are always running in EV mode. I put some Stabil in it though just to be safe.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Best tank yet... Took 12.1 gallons to fill it

image_zpspgdymczu.jpg

Have you noticed a significant difference in the power bill?

I've been on the budget wise billing plan through DTE for years. My bill is $71/month. They look at usage each month and it's up a bit from before but less than 10% so my bill stays the same.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

image_zpspgdymczu.jpg

I've been on the budget wise billing plan through DTE for years. My bill is $71/month. They look at usage each month and it's up a bit from before but less than 10% so my bill stays the same.

Forget the car, I want a 77 dollar a month electric bill.

Also, is the kwh meter showing your usage for the entire trip, as the electric company would put on your bill (of u weren't on level load)? Seems crazy you can travel 1700 plus miles on 12.1 gallons and, at my local rate, about 25 dollars in electric.

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
The kWh meter must only display 3 digits. I don't watch it closely, but I know that on a typical 13 mile drive to work I use about 2.8 kWh, so there's no way I only used 273 in 1,736 miles.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

image_zpspgdymczu.jpg

Wow, so it is a win win for you. Same electric bill and better fuel mileage, sounds awesome!

2000gt4.6

Established Member
The kWh meter must only display 3 digits. I don't watch it closely, but I know that on a typical 13 mile drive to work I use about 2.8 kWh, so there's no way I only used 273 in 1,736 miles.

Well, using your previous numbers it isn't that far off really.

Let's say the car gets 35 mpg on gas, that's 423 miles. 1736-428 is 1308. Divide 1308 by your 13 mile drive you get 100.61. Multiply by 2.8 you get 281 kwh.

I know my math has some assumptions but any way you cut it its like 30 dollars for 1300 miles.... Incredible. I really didn't think that much saving was there.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Well, using your previous numbers it isn't that far off really.

Let's say the car gets 35 mpg on gas, that's 423 miles. 1736-428 is 1308. Divide 1308 by your 13 mile drive you get 100.61. Multiply by 2.8 you get 281 kwh.

I know my math has some assumptions but any way you cut it its like 30 dollars for 1300 miles.... Incredible. I really didn't think that much saving was there.

Ahh, that makes sense...

I would have never though charging as little as I do would show such good results.

Looking at other peoples fill-up's, the best I see for a tank now is 8,085 miles. They must charge everywhere they go!

Zemedici

Established Member
Ahh, that makes sense...

I would have never though charging as little as I do would show such good results.

Looking at other peoples fill-up's, the best I see for a tank now is 8,085 miles. They must charge everywhere they go!

probably have a charging station at work and at home, would pay for itself in the long run.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
#mycarismoreenergyefficientthanmyfridge :rolling:

I found that plugging this fridge in makes my electric bill increase $20/month... So now I only plug it in prior to gatherings.

photo17_zps72a68dd3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread