New DD... Never thought I'd own a PHEV

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Tint on front window is awesome but how is it legal, cops get pantys in a bunch up here over even 50% side tint

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Tint on front window is awesome but how is it legal, cops get pantys in a bunch up here over even 50% side tint

It's definitely not legal and is difficult to find someone to do it. I've been using the same guy for 10 years and knock on wood have never been stopped for it. It's hard for me to drive a car without it, it reduces glare from oncoming cars and is much easier on the eyes in my opinion.

That's a great looking ride man

Thanks!!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks just like the new mustang from straight on in front....

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Some wheels and you are set in the looks department. Some bronze 19's would look sick! Invest in some Steeda sway bars to tighten it around corners.

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Some wheels and you are set in the looks department. Some bronze 19's would look sick! Invest in some Steeda sway bars to tighten it around corners.

I agree, it needs some wheels and bronze looks great on white. The 17's just look tiny.

Not sure if I'll do anything else, because it's a lease

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Nice DD man. Those are sweet cars and the mileage you are getting is insane especially for not even hitting 5k miles. Ford has stated that at 5k miles the battery/engine/electric motor and officially breaks in and you mileage gets better.

I drive a Mariner Hybrid daily, and it is boring as hell but saves some money.

MI represent!

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Nice DD man. Those are sweet cars and the mileage you are getting is insane especially for not even hitting 5k miles. Ford has stated that at 5k miles the battery/engine/electric motor and officially breaks in and you mileage gets better.

I drive a Mariner Hybrid daily, and it is boring as hell but saves some money.

MI represent!

That would be nice to see it get better after 5,000. What kind of mileage does the Mariner get?

jblood37

Established Member
So, I only looked at the first pic without reading anything and thought to myself, that new Mustang looks pretty good. Then I went to second picture and decided I would read what you had wrote haha. 1,000 miles on one tank is amazing. Good looking car too.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree, it needs some wheels and bronze looks great on white. The 17's just look tiny.

Not sure if I'll do anything else, because it's a lease

Check local forums for the take off 19's. Check eBay too since they will start popping up.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Check local forums for the take off 19's. Check eBay too since they will start popping up.

Take off 19's still go for $1,800+, but they look good. Here's a pic of my moms on factory 19's with Eibach's and mine with the H&R's on 17's

image_zps0nrk38y7.jpg

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
We just bought a new car like this, but we aren't getting that kind of mileage with our Honda. We are only getting about 800 miles per tank, but my wife is far from a 'easy' driver. When my company car is due, this is on my list at the top. Great looking ride, and I am glad to hear the mileage is so phenomenal.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
There is an app called My Ford Mobile that tracks charging, allows you to set up charge profiles, lock and unlock the doors or remote start from your phone, view charging stations near you, etc. The sort of creepy part in my opinion, is that it sees and logs everything you do and allows you to compare to others in your region. When you put gas in the car, it automatically logs how many miles you got on the tank. The most I could find on a single tank of gas was 5,839 miles. With 1,047, I'm rated 387 in my region, so others are getting better mileage than me.

Zemedici

Established Member
There is an app called My Ford Mobile that tracks charging, allows you to set up charge profiles, lock and unlock the doors or remote start from your phone, view charging stations near you, etc. The sort of creepy part in my opinion, is that it sees and logs everything you do and allows you to compare to others in your region. When you put gas in the car, it automatically logs how many miles you got on the tank. The most I could find on a single tank of gas was 5,839 miles. With 1,047, I'm rated 387 in my region, so others are getting better mileage than me.

5839 miles out of one tank?

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
That is crazy man!

The Mariner is a first generation hybrid system, but even with that and 130k+ miles I still beat the average Mpg rating of 29mpg city/freeway pretty easily in the spring time but in the winter is a different thing. My Mariner has a rare combo of being AWD and a Hybrid and right now I am easily getting 31mpg average, but it is pretty slow. That is what my Mustang and older Taurus SHO are for though.

Fat-cat

Established Member
and i thought the 650+Km to a tank i get on my Ecoboost fusion was good. Thats insane. Hows the power comparison to your old tuned Eco boost ?

Users who are viewing this thread