New Commuter

Raindog

Established Member
Well, I sold the Cobra and Volvo. Shopping around for something that got good mileage and had some space inside I settled on a Honda Fit.

DSC5005-XL.jpg

One week later I decided that if I can't make it accelerate, at least I can make it take the curves so in went the Bilstein PSS coilover kit, Enkei PF01's and General G-Max AS-03's. I'm happy with it now, fetches 38mpg mixed driving and it's more than capable on the tight roads around here.

DSC5053-XL.jpg

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
that second picture makes it look like you can walk over to it and pick it up in your hand it looks so small. Gotta love the gas mileage

Raindog

Established Member
that second picture makes it look like you can walk over to it and pick it up in your hand it looks so small. Gotta love the gas mileage

Those are cool little cars and I really like how they look when done nice

Thanks guys, it's actually just as much fun on the backroads here but any straight puts me in the rearview. Kinda like riding a motard.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If you like it that's what is important. I just can't bring myself to by an "econobox" - I'll get a Diesel VDub before I buy ANY Honda.

96 cobra

Established Member
I would of gone for a used civic si for a bit more performance, but the fit is much more utilitarian (folding seat configs etc); most importantly it makes a great DD...

Power is just a 2.4L k-series swap away (e.g. the J's Racing fit :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It looks a lot better lowered. I like the color, too! Can't squabble with awesome gas mileage. I wish I got 38mpg mixed driving. Enjoy it! :beer:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Congrats, any plans for autox since you got the turn-fast mods?

I love the typical retard responses in the thread, these cockbags sound like they're in high school.

96 cobra

Established Member
If the coilover kit didn't include camber plates, you might want to get a pair of front camber bolts to get a bit more neg. front camber which will help increase grip in front/reduce understeer, etc, same deal re: a stiffer rear sway bar...

Either way, definitely go to a few autox events, it's a really fun time!

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
I too enjoy Hondas with suspension work. My '97 Civic sedan isn't fast in a straight line, but with mileage in the 30's and 2400lbs, it's fun on the daily commute.

Users who are viewing this thread