New cobra...to me

speeddisorder

Established Member
Hi, I got my 2003 cobra in dec of last year and now just getting to drive it. Im bringing it to Dans Auto in N.H. to get my FTBR ft5000 kit put in on the 18th of april. Cant wait to be able to put the power down. Ill try to get pics soon.

SonicBeast

Established Member
awesome idea. i bought mine in january and read all about wheel hop and took some tax money and bought the ftbr kit before i even drove the car. installed it during the cold weather and now that its warm im enjoying it alot! car feels reall planted and stuck to the road, it either spins or hooks. havent had any wheel hop in the month ive been driving it

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Mine arrived yesterday! Enjoy! We get a solid 8 weeks to drive em here in northeast!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope you're enjoying SVTPerformance. Congratulations on getting your '03 Cobra, and so smart for going with FTBR. You will be very happy! We're seeing more and more people here installing there great suspension hardware.

speeddisorder

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome. When I got the car I thought is was stock and then I found out what was done to it. Its got h and r race springs, Bassanie cat back with the x pipe. 10.5 rims in rear. It also has a steeda tri ax and a spec clutch. The engine has a stock upper pullie but a metco 9.10 lower with a c and l 80mm mass air and a carbon cai. I put 6 3/4 qt of amsoil 5-20 oe with a ford filter. I also got the ford racing diff cover to put in when the ftbr kit is put in. Plus I got mm spring iso's to lift the car a bit. I think this car was done at tasca's mod shop. I found the dyno sheet on tasca's dyno dynamic dyno. It made 505 rwhp and around 525 rwtq. The new nittos 555s in 315 35 17 spin about 50 ft at 50 mph in 2nd gear and then the hopping starts. I really like this car alot. Cant wait to be able to put the power down. Thanks again.

dirtyCobra

Established Member
Congrats man i just picked up my cobra a week ago which is why i have to ask for a detailed explanation of your wheel hop? like at fifty you dumed the clutch and the tires would smoke or when burning out once you hit fifty you start hoping? also to everyone else could you please explain the ftbr kit like how does it work and how hard is it to install can it be done in a garage?

speeddisorder

Established Member
What happens is I have the car in 2nd gear and rolling down the raod at 50 mph and and then I put it to the floor. I do not touch the clutch at at all just a 50 mph rolling burnout. After the car spins about 50 ft it starts to wheel hop and I let out of it. When I was driving the car home on dec 2 it was about 38 degrees out and I had worn out kumo's on it and it did that at 65 mph in 3rd. That scared the sh!t out of me. Cold tar and cold tires not a good combo.

dirtyCobra

Established Member
MAN that is freakin awesome i so pray that i can do that with my cobra some day thats really freakin cool i would want to do that buy hondas and shit all the time haha

Users who are viewing this thread