New Cobra Owner - Need Help!

Josh7178

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm a fairly new Cobra owner. I bought a 99 Cobra a few days ago that had what I assumed was a timing chain tensioner bad, as it was lightly knocking. I got a very good deal on the car, but when I was backing it off the trailer it jumped time and I shut it down right away. Hoping I didn't drop a valve! Anyways, I am in the process of pulling the motor right now and trying to find a good engine builder in the area that has experience working with the mod motors. I am going to keep the build fairly simple with just a good set of forged internals and probably a few other bolt ons (LT headers, flywheel, etc...) Im located near Huntington, WV/Ashland, KY. Any advice on a reputable machine shop/engine builder would be greatly appreciated. Also, any ideas for a good set of forged rods n pistons.?? Thanks guys

shurur

Established Member
Do get it stroked while you're at it..it shouldn't cost you any more to get a 5L

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
def +1 on the stroker...might as well do it while you are in there

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
If the price is the same go ahead with the stroker kit. Otherwise, don't waste any money on it. I have a stroked 4.6L and it is unnoticeable. But congratulations on buying your first Cobra and welcome to the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread