New Cobra. Detailed and lowered finally

Fat-cat

Established Member
Well Sold the turbo car early this year to get into something a little more driver friendly. Was stock wheels and ride hight when i got it. Paint was ratchet so it had to be dealt with before posting pics.

Here is a shot from last weekend after the paint correction Got about 80-85% of the bad scratches and crap and 90% of the swirls

During
Paint2.jpg

Paint.jpg

After
Lower2.jpg

And Now De-4X4ed this weekend

Lowered.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice detailing work, and the lowered stance looks great! :thumbsup:

TClark22

Established Member
Nice correction!

So that last pic is of the car lowered? Can't hardly tell the difference between the pics.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not feeling it, looks kinda slow...

It probably the red seats. Get rid of them ASAP.

:)

Fat-cat

Established Member
I actually had a guy come in and do it for me. I had never polished a car before and didnt have the gear needed .. and for the price i could not buy everything +the time. He used standard 3m Stage 2 Compound and a basic Wax afterwards. Once i hit it myself with a better wax this week it will probably look even better.

As for the lowering. The before pic is at a angle that make it look not as dramatic. it was stock height and this was just after i pulled it and drove about 10 feet to get the suspension to sit properly. It will prolly come down another 1/4 inch in the rear. Front are about an inch of the tire lol

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Did you cut factory springs or go aftermarket? I keep going back and forth on which way to go, and if I will need c/c plates and shorter shocks in the front or not?

Fat-cat

Established Member
h&r supersports. Stock ISOs all remain. Will get by without cc plates but could always use a set. Prolly next year when I get better front tires

Fat-cat

Established Member
Got it aligned and just ever so slightly out of spec. Maxed the pass side caster/ Camber adj but the toe is all that really matters and its good to go. Drove in the rain to our season opener and like a moron wiped the car down with a couple of microfibers. Hopefully didnt bitch the polish job too much. Rear has not settled as much as i would like so i will probably pull the rear upper ISO's

Users who are viewing this thread